2Pac,Biggie,Lil Wayne..Who Influenced Hip Hop More?

Options

Comments

• harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac made the biggest impact to be honest even in ny pac gets more luv than biggie. so many ? use pac lines the average ? won't even catch unless you a real pac fan. ? is just now catchin up to pac

even the ? kanye doin kissin ass tryin to be a fashionista, pac was already doin dat in milan walkin for versace

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @mr.getwitcha thats the samething i was tryin to say but the min you compare someone to the immortal 2pac&biggie who isnt old school like them ? wanna catch a heart attack like theres nobody in this new rap era that couldnt touch those to

or maybe you're just wrong
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye made it cool to be the average college backpack rapper around a time where gangster hip-hop was thriving..

so as far as a change within the genre of hip-hop i would have to agree with that
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this bcotton or malice?
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why everyone gotta bash on wayne if his not great his atleast better than some of this other rappers in the game he actually made alot of others rappers songs better when he was featured on them for Example=Duffle bag boy,Make it rain,Run it..etc
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S how ? dare you even think of making this thread.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looking at the state of HipHop listening to the beats seeing the styles judging the charactors of the rappers and what they speak on...

Biggie is the number one influence on mainstream music and its direction. Lil Wayne is following along that trend jumping pop path that was already established for him by Biggie...
  • almighty breeze
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    Why everyone gotta bash on wayne if his not great his atleast better than some of this other rappers in the game he actually made alot of others rappers songs better when he was featured on them for Example=Duffle bag boy,Make it rain,Run it..etc

Great now list some of the songs he's ruined and lets compare.
    Name the 20 or so hot verses he has so we can counter with the rest of his catalogue.
    Go right ahead
  • TheKillerTruth
    TheKillerTruth Members Posts: 139
    Options
    @almightybreeze why because i dare say that some of the rappers today can touch 2pac&biggie even if i leave wayne out of this i can name a handful of rappers who could be considered on 2pac&biggies level or greater you have to realize that some of this old rappers from back in that era wouldnt survive in hip hop today with the way its changed
  • almighty breeze
    Options
    @almightybreeze why because i dare say that some of the rappers today can touch 2pac&biggie even if i leave wayne out of this i can name a handful of rappers who could be considered on 2pac&biggies level or greater you have to realize that some of this old rappers from back in that era wouldnt survive in hip hop today with the way its changed

1.) you didnt leave wayne out of it
    2.) the rappers today are still trying to emulate what is already been done. be it from BIG,Pac, Jay solo or WuTang,RocAFella or Ruff Ryders group/label wise and trying to repackage it then claim it as their own or original. So to say they wouldnt survive is your own delusion.
    Just because you feel you're challenging a widely held idea doesnt mean what ur saying isnt baseless or just plain wrong. I get what ur getting at. With the 90s nostalgia and selective memory of it i agree in certain cases. But acting like bc u said Wayne we're overeacting isnt one of them. Its just not true
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac is the most influential, but lets keep it REAL
    as much as i hate wayne, he did influence hip hop more than biggie. Snoop, and Cube need to be up there tho.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    ive read everything yall've been sayin and @LabBaby no i didnt add wayne to this thread just to get hits i honestly think wayne deserves to be recognized @usmarin3 how can you say ice cude&chuck d was pac b4 he was hisself please explain because last time i check pac never tried to be anybody else he was always hisself i never once heard him bite sumbody elses style
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I know im probably gonna catch ? for this but this is my order

1)2Pac
    2)Wayne
    3)Biggie

Now im not sayin wayne is better than biggie this is just purely off influence

1)2Pac influenced rap so much theres really no need to talk about it but i will say the reason i think his so universal now is cause he did so young but he influenced rap in a good way.

2)Wayne influenced rap in a good&bad way and is the way rap is now the good way he influenced it is by bringin the whole world into hip hop i mean people that dont even like 2pac or biggie love wayne and thats sayin something plus he made the "bling bling" phase of rap waynes style of rap is whats used today the most...the bad way he influenced it way makin rap more pop so now hip hop is kind of looked at as a joke and is not taken as serious as it was back in 2Pac&Biggies Era

3)Biggie influenced rap in a good way but he never had the fame 2pac had i think one of the reason he got to where he was is cause of the 2Pac vs Biggie Beef he had with the whole westcoast vs eastcoast if 2pac hadnt accused biggie of setttin him up and called out another artist name for settin him up then it would of been 2Pac Vs (insert any other artist name here) and biggie would of just kept makin music biggie could have been replaced and another reason i think his immortalized like 2Pac is also cause he died at a young age if wayne died right now he'd get immortalized to only difference is he already made it world wide where in biggies case he had to die 2get world wide

What Yall Think?

I disagree with you on Biggie. Biggie was a Hip-Hop star from the jump since Ready to Die (1994 & 1995) Biggie didn't need the whole East/West Coast to become a star because he was already a star from the jump. Biggie did have the fame he was the biggest hip-hop star in (1994 & 1995). Tupac didn't really make a Classic Hip-Hop album until 1995. Im not saying Biggie had more of an influence than Tupac because I think its close like a tie both had their influences in Hip-Hop History but Biggie did do more with less time than Tupac although Pac has a longer extensive catalog.

You can't be serious saying Wayne made a bigger impact than Biggie thats laughable. Wayne doesn't have an album thats anywhere close to Ready to Die, and Biggie is the most quoted MC in history.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @Antwuan98 Carter 3? waynes best album 2 date sold a million in the 1st week alone did biggie ever do that
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TheKillerTruth... C3 is nowhere near the level of Bigs catalogue, not even C1 and C2. Being hot and selling records doesnt mean influential. And again, everything people credit him for, he took from someone else (Jay's writing style, Andres eccentricity, Drake/Kanye's emo style).

And yes, Pac was influenced by Cube/Chuck/Face. He didn't fully find his identity til MATW. Doesn't take away from his greatness, but again, he wasn't the first one to do what he did.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @Allergens if he died he'd be immortalized to because his know world wide now his not just sum rapper from america the whole world will mourn biggie didnt reach world wide status till after death neither did 2pac see im thinkin globally yall tlkin just in america thats why im sayin wayne influenced more than biggie
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys are overlooking the fact that he say influence, not positive or negative. I'd put wayne as #2 below Pac because Wayne has had a very strong negative influence on the directions of hip hop.
  • TheKillerTruth
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @Cashmoneyts yes but its a HUGH influence nun the less and what maybe considered negative to sum may be positive to others its all up in the air
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @Antwuan98 Carter 3? waynes best album 2 date sold a million in the 1st week alone did biggie ever do that

So album sales make a rapper more influential?

So by your logic Eminem has made a bigger impact than Nas because of album sells.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    when Ready To Die came out, that was the new format for albums

there has prolly been 100000 albums that have followed the RTD formula
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    Yall act like wayne didnt influence some of this new rappers to pick up a mic
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @Allergens lol you wrong for that
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Life After Death over 10 million sold..... so dont put sales in it
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kacee139 but he didnt do it in the 1st week did he?