Yes or No: Can Ross Carry an Album on his own?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    damn i didnt even knoww gunplay was puerto rican
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port of Miami is ross weakest album imo. Teflon Don and Deeper than rap are both better.

To me Port of Miami was weak , Deeper than Rap was also weak , my favorite Rick Ross album is Trilla his second best album is Teflon Don .
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    gunplay aint puerto rican is he?
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    In all honesty do y'all really count hook singers as features in this argument? Seems kinda petty
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited April 2012
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I thought this whole time Gunplay was some Nigerian criminal that escaped to america.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer to the question is that it's yet to be seen. All of his albums are feature heavy. I don't think it's a knock against him especially in the current climate of Hip Hop where most every album released is feature heavy.

I would like a Ross album that wasn't feature heavy. Having someone sing the hooks and maybe two rap features tops would be dope.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gunplay aint puerto rican is he?

He half-Puerto-Rican & half Jamacian (Richie Morales) which may explain his insanity...

After Wale, Meek, & Stalley you got Gunplay the least marketable artist in the game right now straight ignorant gangasta music but if this a ballgame could you pick a better starting 5 than Rozay, Wale, Meek, Stalley & Gunplay to run that 21?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    In all honesty do y'all really count hook singers as features in this argument? Seems kinda petty

Feature is a feature bruh no matter who it is....singing, rapping, or just talking
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, he is all beats and singer guest features. Just really big songs, he needs alot of help

13/57 of his songs were just him, and imo thats pretty bad for someone who is supposed to be a solo artist.

22% of the time, Ross can do it on his own
  • kdthelegend
    kdthelegend Members Posts: 7
    Rick Ross probably could hold a hold album if he talked about how he was a c.o. But for him to talk about all the dope he sold and he never was no big time drug dealer I wouldn't listen to him on the simple fact he is not being real. I only listen to rappers who really are what they represent.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I'm just tired of his raps going like this

"Versace loafers as i walk in the pent house suite
    big money, big cars, as i eat expensive crab meat
    fine linens, crush velvet, i'm cut from a different cloth
    godfather conversation and in this game i'm Hyman Roth
    Jews make the money flow fast with a quick jolt
    fastest thing on the block like i'm ? with Usain Bolt

Ross and his ? fantasy raps about nothing, dude should title his next album HYPERBOLE.

Jay-Z raps about the same ?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Ross and his ? fantasy raps about nothing, dude should title his next album HYPERBOLE.

don't do that
    the nets could go 0-82 and he'd look at you like that ? gravy
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »

don't do that
    the nets could go 0-82 and he'd look at you like that ? gravy

lmao at this ?
  • $MoneyMakinMF$
    $MoneyMakinMF$ Members Posts: 75
    the thing is
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Some cats on here need to take the panties off lol...Chill with that calling me troll because I dont ? ryde..We cant all feel the same way about things

Dont pay that ? no nevermind, I been flagged 1,000 times already, I gave you two Goats on GP.

As far as features go you have to put things into perspective, for instance a lyricist like Nas averages 7.5 features per album, the most abusive instance of features is JayZ who had a record-breaking 24 guest-features on his double C.D "Blueprint 2".

JayZ',s "Vol 2 Hard knock Life" is the only album in Hiphop history to my recollection that has a guest rapper on every song but one....do the research.

The "Blueprint 3" had 11 guests (Alicia Keyes, Rihanna, Kanye West, Young Jeezy, Drake, J.Cole, Kid Cudi, Swiz Beats Pharell, Luke Steele & Mr Hudson.....but I dont remember hearing any complaints.

I ? with MMG because I pay close attention to the direction of the culture and they the only crew on a mainstream level thats not trying to white-wash the culture with Euro-pandering, token-whites, and pop aspirations...Wale got the HBCU's, Meek got the streets and Stalley got the Blue-Collar workers..

They got Columbian film crews (Jon-J & Dre), Afrikan rappers and Producers, (Wale & Aonebeatz)
    Haitian DJ's, (SamSneaker) a Puerto-Rican rapper (Gunplay) a Jamaican singer (Magazeen) and an entire division
    Maybach Latino with Cubans & other Latino/Latina family.

..3 dark-skinned nagas & a light skinned brutha with a Sunni-beard that aint riding skateboards, dressing in skinnies,
    rapping in non-Creole French, doing Emenim duets or signing a token-white artist?!?!

This ? is deeper than rap, this aint them Grand Hustle ? dropping B.O.B pop tracks and co-signing a Iggy Azelia or a YMCMB trying to be the new millenium Village-people with their half-Asian, half-EastIndian, half-WhiteJewish, half-Latin crew of Bi-sexual & Biracial artists marketed towards the buying demographics.

This aint them ShadyTeam geeks making headphone music or G.O.O.D music ran by a metro-sexual, or Taylor Gang/Jet Life E-famous, or Bad-Boy trend-hopping for survival, aint no white Crips like CTE or pipedreams like Aftermath.... its the resistance against the dark forces that want to strip HipHop of its Streets & Struggle Soul and make it some emasculated Creame-in-the-coffee Pop-fest.

one hell of a post homie.... i cosign
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no he cant all his album have been feature heavy ,lets be real his best tracks all have another artist on him. i dont think anyone would want to hear him alone for 60 mins. real talk 36 mins max per album id say
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Some cats on here need to take the panties off lol...Chill with that calling me troll because I dont ? ryde..We cant all feel the same way about things

Dont pay that ? no nevermind, I been flagged 1,000 times already, I gave you two Goats on GP.

As far as features go you have to put things into perspective, for instance a lyricist like Nas averages 7.5 features per album, the most abusive instance of features is JayZ who had a record-breaking 24 guest-features on his double C.D "Blueprint 2".

JayZ',s "Vol 2 Hard knock Life" is the only album in Hiphop history to my recollection that has a guest rapper on every song but one....do the research.

The "Blueprint 3" had 11 guests (Alicia Keyes, Rihanna, Kanye West, Young Jeezy, Drake, J.Cole, Kid Cudi, Swiz Beats Pharell, Luke Steele & Mr Hudson.....but I dont remember hearing any complaints.

I ? with MMG because I pay close attention to the direction of the culture and they the only crew on a mainstream level thats not trying to white-wash the culture with Euro-pandering, token-whites, and pop aspirations...Wale got the HBCU's, Meek got the streets and Stalley got the Blue-Collar workers..

They got Columbian film crews (Jon-J & Dre), Afrikan rappers and Producers, (Wale & Aonebeatz)
    Haitian DJ's, (SamSneaker) a Puerto-Rican rapper (Gunplay) a Jamaican singer (Magazeen) and an entire division
    Maybach Latino with Cubans & other Latino/Latina family.

..3 dark-skinned nagas & a light skinned brutha with a Sunni-beard that aint riding skateboards, dressing in skinnies,
    rapping in non-Creole French, doing Emenim duets or signing a token-white artist?!?!

This ? is deeper than rap, this aint them Grand Hustle ? dropping B.O.B pop tracks and co-signing a Iggy Azelia or a YMCMB trying to be the new millenium Village-people with their half-Asian, half-EastIndian, half-WhiteJewish, half-Latin crew of Bi-sexual & Biracial artists marketed towards the buying demographics.

This aint them ShadyTeam geeks making headphone music or G.O.O.D music ran by a metro-sexual, or Taylor Gang/Jet Life E-famous, or Bad-Boy trend-hopping for survival, aint no white Crips like CTE or pipedreams like Aftermath.... its the resistance against the dark forces that want to strip HipHop of its Streets & Struggle Soul and make it some emasculated Creame-in-the-coffee Pop-fest.

I am bi-racial and more proactive than anybody I know, but I get the gist of what you are saying and I agree. I think Wale wack as ? tho. MMG does have legit talent too.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    no he cant all his album have been feature heavy ,lets be real his best tracks all have another artist on him. i dont think anyone would want to hear him alone for 60 mins. real talk 36 mins max per album id say

name his best tracks
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Nah dont think so. He aint that type of rapper to carry anything by himself cause he dont have much range.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I think we have come to a conclusion

Ross is a better musical artist than he is a rapper (If u know wat I mean)
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    KingJamal wrote: »
    So I think we have come to a conclusion

Ross is a better musical artist than he is a rapper (If u know wat I mean)

His ? fans wont ever agree tho.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    feelings will get caught.

Just wanted to say, Miss Twerksum be going hammm...Lawd...Now about the thread, Ross' music will always be dope with or w/o features because that ? has "The Ear" for great beats...Most of them ? sound the same to me, but they all knock in the club, in the whip, @ home, etc and his bars aren't the best, but he talks that fly ? w/ the best of 'em.

• will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes because in this era of music the hook is the 2nd most important part of the song behind the beat. We all know Ross isn't that great of a rapper you take away those two things from Ross and he's just a rapper talking about nothing
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »

thats why jeezy last album had so much damn features, n they all killed him on his own ? . gorddamn