2Pac,Biggie,Lil Wayne..Who Influenced Hip Hop More?

Options

Comments

• kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    @kacee139 but he didnt do it in the 1st week did he?

I think he did 800,000 so he damn near did..... i will take 10 million sold over a millie the 1st week and barely going double platinum
  • TheKillerTruth
    TheKillerTruth Members Posts: 139
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lemme say this one word GENERATIONS as time goes on the newer generations wont feel pac like we do because they werent around when we where 80's&90's babys like us feel pac&biggie so deeply because we where around to watch them grow from rookie to star&feel there struggles but when newer generations come along they wont know what pac&biggie went throught 4real they just be like damn he can spit but they wont know the deep places there words came from ? in 2020 will probably be like oh i was inspired by Wayne,Drake,Kanye,T.I,Jeezy aliitle Jay-z&Nas here and there but they will mostly look up to rappers of this day and age and vibe more with them not 2Pac&Biggie like we did to be honest i was born in 1992 and i barely remember them ? i just no there struggle throught there music just yall watch TIME is gonna change alot of ? when this kids who are 3&5yrs old grow up thats why i put wayne on the list he might or might not still be relevent in the future atleast more relevent than pac&biggie
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The Block Is Hot - Plat
    Light Out - Gold
    500 Degreez - Gold
    The Carter 1 - Gold
    The Carter 2 - Plat
    The Carter III -3x Plat
    The Rebirth - Gold
    I am not a human being -Gold
    The Carter IV - 2x Plat

= 10 X Platinum (LP Sales)

Life After Death = DIAMOND

So Lil Wayne is more influential than Biggie yet 1 Biggie LP outsold his career?. SMH, KanYe is more influential to Hip Hop TODAY than Wayne is. Wayne is no where near Biggie's influence, especially when he be biting Biggie rhymes. I understand a new generation won't feel Pac and Big the way my generation did but influence is influence, they changed the Genre, Wayne don't even got a consensus classic so how is he anywhere near Pac and Big's influence? LOL @ 1st week sales when Wayne hasn't sold the LP's Biggie has, Biggie got more Multi-Platinum albums that Wayne:

RTD - 4x PLatinum
    LAD - 10x Platinum
    BA - 2x Platinum
    D:TFC - Platinum

17x Platinum
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Even if you did a poll TODAY amongst ALL Rap fans in the world, Wayne would not win a poll against Biggie nor Tupac.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    like i said its nastalgia most people will vote for pac&biggie just because of who they are
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    like i said its nastalgia most people will vote for pac&biggie just because of who they are

or because they're actually better rappers....
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options

It's not just cause of who they are, it's what they did. What Lil Wayne album is seeing any of these 5 Classics?

Ready To Die
    Life After Death
    Me Against The World
    All Eyes On me
    Makaveli

= 30x Platinum (U.S.)/ 50x Platinum (WW)

Answer? ZERO

And it's not just about sales, Lil Wayne's own peers wouldn't put him over Pac and Big let alone the fans around the world.
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    oka so what new artist 2day would u could reach or is on tupac and biggies level
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    oka so what new artist 2day would u could reach or is on tupac and biggies level

That's what you have to understand, Tupac and Biggie are mythical status at this point, We have many Legends in rap outside of Tupac and Biggie but cause of their story, their beef, their classic songs and albums and their untimely deaths their legends take on a whole new meaning. The story of Tupac and Biggie will be passed down for generations and generations of rap fans. There has already been a full lenth Biggie Biopic with a Tupac one on the way. Do you really think there would be a Lil Wayne movie about his life?, I don't see it. Wayne has his lane and no doubt he has had impact and success. Influence?, I don't really see it especially when there have been other artist from this generation more influential than Wayne like KanYe. Master P put N.O. on the map way before Wayne. From this era? it remains to be seen if anyone will come out to reach Pac and Big's status. Most people in the Pac and Big convo are from their era or before.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 1 and I Am Not A Human Being have both passed the 1 million mark, they just never got them certified

Rebirth is @ like 940,000 last time I saw it a couple months ago, so Im sure its well over plat worldwide
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Carter 1 and I Am Not A Human Being have both passed the 1 million mark, they just never got them certified

Rebirth is @ like 940,000 last time I saw it a couple months ago, so Im sure its well over plat worldwide

Regardless Lil Wayne has not sold more LP's than Biggie and let's not even bring up Pac in the sales department either. Like I said it's not just about sales, we are talking influence, there isn't even a case to be made that Lil Wayne is more influential than Biggie and Pac and the OP did not prove a case.

• TheKillerTruth
    edited April 2012
    Options
    probably cause wayne doesnt care abt his sells he'll still make music even if folks hate it also i think this 3 can reach pac and biggie Drake,Wale,J.Cole
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    probably cause wayne doesnt care abt his sells he'll still make music even if hate it als i think this 3 can reach pac and biggie Drake,Wale,J.Cole

pretty much Wayne dont give a ? about record sales, he even said he'll do a Rebirth 2 and he dont care if it flop, Wayne got that much influence over his generation.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lil Wayne influences 80% of rap music today but Pac and Jay influenced him probably about equally so...

2Pac and Jay-Z by a technicality.

But then again, Pac and Jay both are influenced by Nas.

So Nas. excuse me while I go ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Lil Wayne influences 80% of rap music today but Pac and Jay influenced him probably about equally so...

2Pac and Jay-Z by a technicality.

But then again, Pac and Jay both are influenced by Nas.

So Nas. excuse me while I go ?

agreed
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    b4 folks start in on my pick lemme start with drake...do you a rookie who came into the game the way he did and had every watchin him i mean can you honestly say you cant find atleast 10 songs by him that you like then on top of that when he gets on other artist ? he damn near owns it Im On One by Dj Khalad can you honestly say that doesnt feel like a drake record She Will by Lil Wayne drake didnt even do uh verse just the hook and he made it feel like his record if anybody else would did those hooks for those 2 songs can u honestly say the songs would of been as big as they are now his being ownin the mainstream since he 1st hit the sence and its like he has the magic touch any record he does a hook on for any artist blows up not to mention his albums and mixtapes really do sound like classics already.....

Wale-i mean does his deep lyrics and lyriscism really need to be talked about

J.Cole-Jay-z thinks his gonna be the next big thing need i say more

The only reason i went into detail on drake is cause he catchs the most ? from ? who say he sings to much and ? like that
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looking at the state of HipHop listening to the beats seeing the styles judging the charactors of the rappers and what they speak on...

Biggie is the number one influence on mainstream music and its direction. Lil Wayne is following along that trend jumping pop path that was already established for him by Biggie...

I still stand by this you see way more Biggie in the Music of Today then Pac...

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    looking at the state of HipHop listening to the beats seeing the styles judging the charactors of the rappers and what they speak on...

Biggie is the number one influence on mainstream music and its direction. Lil Wayne is following along that trend jumping pop path that was already established for him by Biggie...

I still stand by this you see way more Biggie in the Music of Today then Pac...

What have biggie influenced in today's hip hop in your eyes?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "2pac was my hero, I got my tattoo cuz I wanted to be like Tupac"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkS1_1HWFh0
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    HOLD UP lemme remind yall i said tupac was number one and wayne was second so this should be about biggie bein better den wayne how did tupac and wayne end up goin at it if anything it should b biggie and pac goin at it lol
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I know im probably gonna catch ? for this but this is my order

1)2Pac
    2)Wayne
    3)Biggie

Now im not sayin wayne is better than biggie this is just purely off influence

1)2Pac influenced rap so much theres really no need to talk about it but i will say the reason i think his so universal now is cause he did so young but he influenced rap in a good way.

2)Wayne influenced rap in a good&bad way and is the way rap is now the good way he influenced it is by bringin the whole world into hip hop i mean people that dont even like 2pac or biggie love wayne and thats sayin something plus he made the "bling bling" phase of rap waynes style of rap is whats used today the most...the bad way he influenced it way makin rap more pop so now hip hop is kind of looked at as a joke and is not taken as serious as it was back in 2Pac&Biggies Era

3)Biggie influenced rap in a good way but he never had the fame 2pac had i think one of the reason he got to where he was is cause of the 2Pac vs Biggie Beef he had with the whole westcoast vs eastcoast if 2pac hadnt accused biggie of setttin him up and called out another artist name for settin him up then it would of been 2Pac Vs (insert any other artist name here) and biggie would of just kept makin music biggie could have been replaced and another reason i think his immortalized like 2Pac is also cause he died at a young age if wayne died right now he'd get immortalized to only difference is he already made it world wide where in biggies case he had to die 2get world wide

What Yall Think?

First, Rakim single-handily changed the game when he came out. If it wasn't for him, rappers would probably still only have one rhyme every bar, with that one rhyme at the end of every bar. Hip-Hop is indebted to him.

The Hot Boyz as a whole made "Bling Bling", Wayne ain't make ? by himself. And Jewelry was always popular in Rap, From Biggie saying "Ice project off lights, chick flashes/ blind ya broke ? / even got rocks in beard and mustaches" in 97 to Rakim saying "show my rings and my fat gold chain/ grab the mic like I'm on Soul Train" in 87.

Wayne shouldn't even be top 5. Kanye has had way more influence than him, from that chipmunk sound he popularized when he first came out, to making the "everyday rapper" seem cool in a time where gangster rap and crunk was dominant.

Biggie is lyrically the most quoted rapper in history. There was a thread on here last year that had pages full of rhymes bitten from Biggie that I heavily contributed to.

• TheKillerTruth
    Options
    Hot Boyz didnt make up bling bling wayne came up with that even birdman admitted that on behind the music
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LOL, is that all you got out of my post?

And regardless, Hot Boyz as a whole made it popular. So Hot Boyz as a whole share the influence, since I doubt Wayne by himself was credited for it when the song took off.

I heard a rapper named 3rd Eye say "bling bling" on this old school Super Cat song that featured Biggie, but I don't know if he was referring to jewelry, so I didn't include that in my previous post.