The real reason people like "Wack" rappers , The answer is simpler than you think

MC The Rapper
MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in AllHipHop.com Editorials
I The reason a person may like a wack rappers is because they have connected to that person at an emotional level. Now

think and really think about any rapper your really a fan of(own all they CDs,etc) and why you like them. This is also why

some fans go to any length to protect and defend some of these cats as well. So do you agree or disagree?

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    Or they just bang in the whip.

Notice how I said a fan of most of rappers ? that bangs in the whip you can get for free . I'm more so talking about the

13,000 people that would buy a soulja boy album or the 2000 people that brought Lil B album. Not freebie leech ? that

just download everything I wouldn't even consider those people fans cause they don't support the artist.
  • MC The Rapper
    Or they don't think the artist is wack. People have different standards of what they look for in an artist.

What I'm trying say is skills don't really matter its about connecting to ya fans. Street Cred doesn't matter its about connecting to ya fans etc
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw....todays Pip Pop fans simply don know any better
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are followers, add that with the conditioned, and directed to like this wack ass rap.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much wack but fake not everybody is cut out to be a true mc!
    Alot of people imulate skills but you can teach being real those are the ones cut out for da game!
    Dees other mcs even fake & wack ones can be successful becuase club hits da get radio play and videos is what alot of people look for becuase they are shallow fans they just wanna dance,laugh and jam to some bullsh_t once they got them with dat one hit shallow folks are sold!
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack is subjective...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    People have different standards. Artists I think are wack;

Z-ro
    2 chainz
    Lil Wayne
    Drake
    Meek Millz
    Among others...

But these guys have fans who enjoy they music. Just the way the music works
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack is subjective...

This...because I think KRS-One is wack as ? . I'm not wrong at all for thinking that way either
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont kno wat it is, but people just like wat they like.....most fans dont/cant seperate the rapper and the production all they care about is the final product.....I know that even if i think that someone is wack they are still capable of making a song that i mite like.....the group home was 2 of the wackest rappers ever imo but supastar was that ? ...like ? said people have different standards as well
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course i agree its the only reason grown men like @bcotton will worship and get sensitive when you diss lil waynes current state. He can relate to cross dressing and and being afraid to grow up and act your age like wayne so that is why he kisses his ass so much
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even think its a case of wack bein' subjective...Some folk just don't care about lyrics or flow...its not a definin' factor in rap's appeal to them...Good beat, catchy hook = enjoyable music
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anytime something is mass produced and sold in america you best believe its a team of grey boys formulating exactly how to emotionally manipulate you to buy worthless ? . that being said the t/s is on the money. yall like ? because u bee literally psychologically conditioned and coerced
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Who you like ? ?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    anytime something is mass produced and sold in america you best believe its a team of grey boys formulating exactly how to emotionally manipulate you to buy worthless ? . that being said the t/s is on the money. yall like ? because u bee literally psychologically conditioned and coerced

? shut up
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the mindset of Jigga Warriors. Not one Jay Z fan on these boards can post up a post 2003 banger from him and if they do find one of his typical below average joints that hit they will argue about his money or him struggling to ? his ? wife instead of the quality of music
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Simple, it's because they make good music.
    Somethin "good" rappers can't seem to do.
    Yall ? act like dudes is sayin "damn that ? trash, let me put this ? on cd".

Rappers that actually cant rap- lil b, silk the shocker, e-40, masta killa, RZA
    Rappers yall don't like, but actually can rap- lil wayne, Gucci mane(listen to any track from the so icey days and tell me he aint have one of them classic 80's ll cool j, run-dmc flows, the ? was a true emcee), Boosie, Plies, basically any Southern or West coast rapper that get hate on the internet cuz ? is too square to relate to.

Please stop all that mass produce ? , just because somethin has a certain sound and makes it to the radio don't mean its gon blow up, ask Maino and papoose.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas ? . None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't ? with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking ? , so the average fan sees that ? and thinks, well ? if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I The reason a person may like a wack rappers is because they have connected to that person at an emotional level. Now

think and really think about any rapper your really a fan of(own all they CDs,etc) and why you like them. This is also why

some fans go to any length to protect and defend some of these cats as well. So do you agree or disagree?
    Or they just bang in the whip.

Cosign both of these. These are also valid reasons. I like some of Wacka's music because it sounds good *shrugs*.

Regarding what MC the rapper said, I saw a few clips of some Nicki interview and a David Banner interview, and they actually sounded like they knew something about something. I can easily see how some emotionally attached-individual would jump on the bandwagon and support the movement, but I see through all that ? . If you're wack, you're wack.

I would still never buy their album, I just see them as man and woman that stands for something now, rather than simply a wack femcee and an average at best emcee.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People like music for different reasons, I don't listen to Death Metal or Goth but some people love it.

I think Bob Dylan is the worst singer to ever exist but some people say he is a legend.

So honestly I don't care what people enjoy listening to because everybody has different tastes.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People come up listening to different things. Some people want to keep listening to similar things, and some people want to find something completely different. Some people want to fit in, some want to stand out. Some people have one standard for what makes a great artist, and others dig deeper... its subjective...
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the production
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The T/S is on point..depending on the artist (and the noose of the label they're signed to) they feel (or forced) to create music that'll adapt to the club, cars and females because they're the money makers. That's why you hear that ? 24/7 all over the radio.

Plus like everyone on here agrees, people have different tastes and gonna listen to what they want.

• Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Gucci had a 80's LL Cool J flow?????????

I refuse to believe Gucci ever sounded like anything CLOSE to Rock The Bells
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or just maybe people have there preference. i think some people feel obligated to call rappers dope just because everyone else is.

if you don't like it call like it is. Ain't nothing wrong with liking gucci mane,waka, or any of these other not so lyrical rappers.