The real reason people like "Wack" rappers , The answer is simpler than you think

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they liked them becuz to them they don't think they're wack

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the simpler answer is because they have dope beats...

An emotional connection is actually what they fail to create, Lil B is the shocking exception so dont bring him up
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas ? . None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't ? with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking ? , so the average fan sees that ? and thinks, well ? if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.

Yea, I have said this since Mike Jones was real big.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas ? . None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't ? with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking ? , so the average fan sees that ? and thinks, well ? if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.

nothinbutthetruth
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very revisionist assessment
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Production.... Can anybody name a Wack Rapper with "Wack' or "Boring" beats that has received ANY type of light?

Plus ppl dont like to think or pay attention. If your listening to music while your driving are u gonna be focused on what that last metaphor meant or making sure aint no cops in the area?

Culture change is all it is.
  • MC The Rapper
    It's Production.... Can anybody name a Wack Rapper with "Wack' or "Boring" beats that has received ANY type of light?

Plus ppl dont like to think or pay attention. If your listening to music while your driving are u gonna be focused on what that last metaphor meant or making sure aint no cops in the area?

Again a revisionist assessment. Illmatic for example had Q-tip,Pete Rock,Dj Premiere,Large Professor some of the most sought

after producers of that time. Lets go west coast for a minute ? had Dr. Dre on production nuff said.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

Explain why you think that, because I think what he said is on point.

• MC The Rapper

Explain why you think that, because I think what he said is on point.

Since the beginning of hip hop there has always been less technical rappers , ordinary everyday person rappers, rappers that

never finished high school etc. Too Short, Eazy E , E-40 , Dougie Fresh, Curtis Blow, Biz Markie, etc are less techinical rappers,

Native Tongues were regular cats for the most part. Eminem,Nas and Phife Dog never finished high school that I know of.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    ? post by the OP. You proved nothing but you came to give us the real reason. Get over yourself people.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the reason people like wack rappers is the same reason people like "good" rappers
    this ? ain't rocket science
    people have differing opinions
    it's the same reason a ? like me would never wear a pair of fusions when there are ? that swear by them ?
    or the same reason i can watch family guy all day and night but my girl hates that ?
  • MC The Rapper
    GSonII wrote: »
    ? post by the OP. You proved nothing but you came to give us the real reason. Get over yourself people.

whats dumb about that, thats how it is .
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have different standards. Artists I think are wack;

Z-ro
    2 chainz
    Lil Wayne
    Drake
    Meek Millz
    Among others...

But these guys have fans who enjoy they music. Just the way the music works

Z-Ro. damn ? . u find Z-Ro wack....wow! ? jus aint for u. ? far from wack.

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    z ro needs a better beat selection.
  • BackInWhite
    the "it's production" theory is ?
    i personally know people who think gucci kills songs
    i know ? who think 2 chainz is clever
    why can't people just like what they like without having feelings for the rapper or being intrigued by the drum?
    this is some elitist ? at it's finest
  • Gen. Stasia

Again a revisionist assessment. Illmatic for example had Q-tip,Pete Rock,Dj Premiere,Large Professor some of the most sought

after producers of that time. Lets go west coast for a minute ? had Dr. Dre on production nuff said.

WTH are u even talking about?
  • Gen. Stasia
    why can't people just like what they like without having feelings for the rapper or being intrigued by the drum?

So ur telling me if u take those SAME people removed the beat and let Gucci spit acapella they gonna say he ripped it? Dont front like Beats dont pay 80-90% on the reason why Gucci is Enjoyable.

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

So ur telling me if u take those SAME people removed the beat and let Gucci spit acapella they gonna say he ripped it? Dont front like Beats dont pay 80-90% on the reason why Gucci is Enjoyable.

They don't. You think beats played a big part in Gucci's come up when every song was produced by Zaytoven and all Zaytoven beats sound just alike?
  • Gen. Stasia
    ptowndonte wrote: »

They don't. You think beats played a big part in Gucci's come up when every song was produced by Zaytoven and all Zaytoven beats sound just alike?

I never been a Fan of Zaytoven or Lex Luger but that Get u amp "Fun" music plays a part. Put Gucci on Canibus beats and lets see how much ppl say he "rip" ? .

Sidenote: Gucci did ? that Mario song "Girls are like Buses Miss one next 15 one Coming"
  • P. Town

I never been a Fan of Zaytoven or Lex Luger but that Get u amp "Fun" music plays a part. Put Gucci on Canibus beats and lets see how much ppl say he "rip" ? .

Sidenote: Gucci did ? that Mario song "Girls are like Buses Miss one next 15 one Coming"

First of all. Canibus is wack as ? . The most unrealistic rapper ever. ? don't be talking about ? .

"Space domes. Pirates in the galactic skull of laser beams. Lyrical universal paper cuts."

The ? ?
  • Gen. Stasia

First of all. Canibus is wack as ? . The most unrealistic rapper ever. ? don't be talking about ? .

"Space domes. Pirates in the galactic skull of laser beams. Lyrical universal paper cuts."

The ? ?

Never been a Fan think he's boring as hell and very unrealistic or as i call it "Who gives a ? " but i understand why ppl think he's nice because of his "Technical Ability" but he basically lacks everything else u would need to be a Complete artist
  • BackInWhite

that's to somebody like you tho
    like i said, i know ? who thinks gucci absolutely murders tracks
    and don't front like you'd listen to ANY rapper acapella
    that's not music, it's poetry
  • Gen. Stasia

I actually Owned the Black Album acapella..... Still a Fire CD. Also i grew up in the SMACK DVD Era so alot of the raps i heard was acapella on somebody's street corner or staircase.
  • BackInWhite

I actually Owned the Black Album acapella..... Still a Fire CD. Also i grew up in the SMACK DVD Era so alot of the raps i heard was acapella on somebody's street corner or staircase.

so you like poetry
    cool
    but that is your opinion
    you not gon sit here and tell me that everybody thinks like you
    a ? that thinks gucci is killing a track actually thinks gucci is killing the track
    he not gon tell you, "nah i know gucci wack, but the beat? the beat is sick!"
    people just like different ?
    ain't no definite answer to this subject
  • P. Town

The ? ?

Never been a Fan think he's boring as hell and very unrealistic or as i call it "Who gives a ? " but i understand why ppl think he's nice because of his "Technical Ability" but he basically lacks everything else u would need to be a Complete artist

Now this song right here is what a great artist does. The whole concept of this song is amazing. Most people get the impression that he's rapping about a female named Suzie who is featured on the song. "Suzie" (typical white girl name) is really ? , and the female voice is Ester Dean.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtumYwv0YYo&ob=av2n