The real reason people like "Wack" rappers , The answer is simpler than you think

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I do know some people that says a certain artist weak but they beats go hard.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    I do know some people that says a certain artist weak but they beats go hard.

i don't
    so.....that all goes back to there being no definite answer for this subject
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "it's production" theory is ?
    i personally know people who think gucci kills songs
    i know ? who think 2 chainz is clever
    why can't people just like what they like without having feelings for the rapper or being intrigued by the drum?
    this is some elitist ? at it's finest

So ur telling me if u take those SAME people removed the beat and let Gucci spit acapella they gonna say he ripped it? Dont front like Beats dont pay 80-90% on the reason why Gucci is Enjoyable.

that's to somebody like you tho
    like i said, i know ? who thinks gucci absolutely murders tracks
    and don't front like you'd listen to ANY rapper acapella
    that's not music, it's poetry

I actually Owned the Black Album acapella..... Still a Fire CD. Also i grew up in the SMACK DVD Era so alot of the raps i heard was acapella on somebody's street corner or staircase.

so you like poetry
    cool
    but that is your opinion
    you not gon sit here and tell me that everybody thinks like you
    a ? that thinks gucci is killing a track actually thinks gucci is killing the track
    he not gon tell you, "nah i know gucci wack, but the beat? the beat is sick!"
    people just like different ?
    ain't no definite answer to this subject

I Guess but the Majority of ppl who like Gucci, Frenchie, Waka, ASAP etc Prefer the actual Beat + Hook over the lyrics of the song.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    A wack rapper to me is somebody who tries and fails at being "lyrical". Gucci isn't wack to me because he just said regular ? . Gets straight to the point. ? like Big Sean are wack because his style is wack punchlines and metaphors. He's out there trying to compete. Everybody is not trying to be lyrical. Some just want to get they point across
  • BackInWhite
    why can't people just like what they like without having feelings for the rapper or being intrigued by the drum?

So ur telling me if u take those SAME people removed the beat and let Gucci spit acapella they gonna say he ripped it? Dont front like Beats dont pay 80-90% on the reason why Gucci is Enjoyable.

I actually Owned the Black Album acapella..... Still a Fire CD. Also i grew up in the SMACK DVD Era so alot of the raps i heard was acapella on somebody's street corner or staircase.

so you like poetry
    cool
    but that is your opinion
    a ? that thinks gucci is killing a track actually thinks gucci is killing the track

I Guess but the Majority of ppl who like Gucci, Frenchie, Waka, ASAP etc Prefer the actual Beat + Hook over the lyrics of the song.

the majority?
    you know the majority?
    you've talked to the majority?
    how bout the majority of the people YOU KNOW are like that
    i doubt you even know any gucci fans seeing as you're not 1 yourself
    so how bout YOU THINK the majority of people who like gucci are like that
  • Gen. Stasia
    ptowndonte wrote: »

They don't. You think beats played a big part in Gucci's come up when every song was produced by Zaytoven and all Zaytoven beats sound just alike?

I never been a Fan of Zaytoven or Lex Luger but that Get u amp "Fun" music plays a part. Put Gucci on Canibus beats and lets see how much ppl say he "rip" ? .

Sidenote: Gucci did ? that Mario song "Girls are like Buses Miss one next 15 one Coming"

First of all. Canibus is wack as ? . The most unrealistic rapper ever. ? don't be talking about ? .

"Space domes. Pirates in the galactic skull of laser beams. Lyrical universal paper cuts."

The ? ?

Never been a Fan think he's boring as hell and very unrealistic or as i call it "Who gives a ? " but i understand why ppl think he's nice because of his "Technical Ability" but he basically lacks everything else u would need to be a Complete artist

Now this song right here is what a great artist does. The whole concept of this song is amazing. Most people get the impression that he's rapping about a female named Suzie who is featured on the song. "Suzie" (typical white girl name) is really ? , and the female voice is Ester Dean.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtumYwv0YYo&ob=av2n

TBH It's not hard to figure out that he's talking about ? its not that coded. I mean i hope he not really stuffing ? in his tires. Entertaining song tho. Now I'm going to post a song and u tell me what he's talking about same kinda concept just executed "Differently"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7SNLK4KZA
  • P. Town

They don't. You think beats played a big part in Gucci's come up when every song was produced by Zaytoven and all Zaytoven beats sound just alike?

I never been a Fan of Zaytoven or Lex Luger but that Get u amp "Fun" music plays a part. Put Gucci on Canibus beats and lets see how much ppl say he "rip" ? .

Sidenote: Gucci did ? that Mario song "Girls are like Buses Miss one next 15 one Coming"

First of all. Canibus is wack as ? . The most unrealistic rapper ever. ? don't be talking about ? .

"Space domes. Pirates in the galactic skull of laser beams. Lyrical universal paper cuts."

The ? ?

Never been a Fan think he's boring as hell and very unrealistic or as i call it "Who gives a ? " but i understand why ppl think he's nice because of his "Technical Ability" but he basically lacks everything else u would need to be a Complete artist

Now this song right here is what a great artist does. The whole concept of this song is amazing. Most people get the impression that he's rapping about a female named Suzie who is featured on the song. "Suzie" (typical white girl name) is really ? , and the female voice is Ester Dean.

TBH It's not hard to figure out that he's talking about ? its not that coded. I mean i hope he not really stuffing ? in his tires. Entertaining song tho. Now I'm going to post a song and u tell me what he's talking about same kinda concept just executed "Differently"

I'm pretty sure he's losing his mind, contemplating suicide or going through something. It's not hard to tell
  • Gen. Stasia

The ? ?

I'm pretty sure he's losing his mind, contemplating suicide or going through something. It's not hard to tell

Actually no....
  • Gen. Stasia

so you like poetry
    cool
    but that is your opinion

the majority?
    you know the majority?
    you've talked to the majority?
    how bout the majority of the people YOU KNOW are like that
    i doubt you even know any gucci fans seeing as you're not 1 yourself
    so how bout YOU THINK the majority of people who like gucci are like that

I do know some ppl who like Gucci im from UPSTATE NY where its basically country ppl like Jeezy, Ross etc. And they dont mention their Lyrics.....

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha man its all good tho .
  • P. Town

The ? ?

Actually no....

He gave it away plenty of times. It's obvious the song is not about a female. So when he says ? like "She likes it in front of the mirror" meaning he's looking at himself in the mirror, or the punch me, smack me, scratches on my neck lines giving away that he's maybe gone down the path of drug abuse or some form of abuse it's a easy.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because a ? get a hot beat don't mean the song is actually gon go hard.
    You gotta know what to do with the beat.
    Put Canibus on a Gucci beat and he couldn't do ? either.
    It go both ways.

Yall may find this part hard to believe.
    The way the average ? up there look at Gucci dem is the same way the average ? down here look at east coast rappers, not even that cuz the average ? down here ain't even gon look at it like "this ? from the east coast, I aint ? wit it", they jus aint gon ? wit it cuz they aint gon feel it.

To sum it up, on average, we don't feel each other.
    Plain and simple.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas ? . None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't ? with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking ? , so the average fan sees that ? and thinks, well ? if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.

A very revisionist assessment

Explain why you think that, because I think what he said is on point.

Since the beginning of hip hop there has always been less technical rappers , ordinary everyday person rappers, rappers that

never finished high school etc. Too Short, Eazy E , E-40 , Dougie Fresh, Curtis Blow, Biz Markie, etc are less techinical rappers,

Native Tongues were regular cats for the most part. Eminem,Nas and Phife Dog never finished high school that I know of.

What he said has nothing to do with whether a rapper actually finished school and everything to do with skill level. Of the old school rappers you listed they were all trailblazers doing things in hip-hop no one had done before. You can say they were less technical in the same way you could say Wilt Chamberlain was less technical than Tim Duncan; doesn't diminish Wilt's accomplishments, though.

Most of today's mainstream rappers have neither innovation nor skill however. It's seems like all you need to get on now is connections and an ear for beats.
  • MC The Rapper
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas ? . None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't ? with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking ? , so the average fan sees that ? and thinks, well ? if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.

Since the beginning of hip hop there has always been less technical rappers , ordinary everyday person rappers, rappers that

never finished high school etc. Too Short, Eazy E , E-40 , Dougie Fresh, Curtis Blow, Biz Markie, etc are less techinical rappers,

Native Tongues were regular cats for the most part. Eminem,Nas and Phife Dog never finished high school that I know of.

What he said has nothing with whether a rapper actually finished school and everything to do with skill level. Of the old school rappers you listed there were all trailblazers doing things in hip-hop no one had done before. You can say they were less technical in the same way you could say Wilt Chamberlain was less technical than Tim Duncan; doesn't diminish Wilt's accomplishments, though.

Most of today's mainstream rappers have neither innovation nor skill however. It's seems like all you need to get on now is connections and an ear for beats.

but that's always been the case
  • MC The Rapper
    It's Production.... Can anybody name a Wack Rapper with "Wack' or "Boring" beats that has received ANY type of light?

Plus ppl dont like to think or pay attention. If your listening to music while your driving are u gonna be focused on what that last metaphor meant or making sure aint no cops in the area?

Culture change is all it is.

Again a revisionist assessment. Illmatic for example had Q-tip,Pete Rock,Dj Premiere,Large Professor some of the most sought

after producers of that time. Lets go west coast for a minute ? had Dr. Dre on production nuff said.

WTH are u even talking about?

Every rapper you can think of that has been successful on the mainstream level has had a dope producer or producers behind

them .
  • High Revolutionary

What he said has nothing with whether a rapper actually finished school and everything to do with skill level. Of the old school rappers you listed there were all trailblazers doing things in hip-hop no one had done before. You can say they were less technical in the same way you could say Wilt Chamberlain was less technical than Tim Duncan; doesn't diminish Wilt's accomplishments, though.

There has never been a time in hip-hop where there was so much wackness in the mainstream.

• MC The Rapper

There has never been a time in hip-hop where there was so much wackness in the mainstream.

You just haven't found an artist currently that you can connect to emotionally/psychologically its all good . Your probably an

older fan.
  • Gen. Stasia
    It's Production.... Can anybody name a Wack Rapper with "Wack' or "Boring" beats that has received ANY type of light?

Plus ppl dont like to think or pay attention. If your listening to music while your driving are u gonna be focused on what that last metaphor meant or making sure aint no cops in the area?

Culture change is all it is.

Again a revisionist assessment. Illmatic for example had Q-tip,Pete Rock,Dj Premiere,Large Professor some of the most sought

after producers of that time. Lets go west coast for a minute ? had Dr. Dre on production nuff said.

WTH are u even talking about?

Every rapper you can think of that has been successful on the mainstream level has had a dope producer or producers behind

them .

Read my first post then again tell me WTH are u talking about?
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most 'wack' rapper have the best beats. That why people are drawn to them. no crayon.
  • BackInWhite
    Sion. wrote: »
    I agree fam. Pac & DMX wasnt the most lyrical ? in the game but ? could relate to them on an emotional level.

Funny tho, seems like that element of emotion is dead now thanks to these ? who are characters playin somebody they aint (i.e. Rick Ross).

Music is something you feel, thats why I think ? like DMX, Eazy E, 50 Cent or Ice Cube were so successful with the masses. You could find a million more rappers that were better than them technically but couldn't sell a record or hold a crowd's attention. Charisma man..... I swear that ? is missing today :(

you dumb ?
    charisma is just about the ONLY thing ? have today
    that's the main reason ? like 2 Chainz are even remotely relevant
  • Gen. Stasia
    I agree fam. Pac & DMX wasnt the most lyrical ? in the game but ? could relate to them on an emotional level.

Funny tho, seems like that element of emotion is dead now thanks to these ? who are characters playin somebody they aint (i.e. Rick Ross).

Music is something you feel, thats why I think ? like DMX, Eazy E, 50 Cent or Ice Cube were so successful with the masses. You could find a million more rappers that were better than them technically but couldn't sell a record or hold a crowd's attention. Charisma man..... I swear that ? is missing today :(

you dumb ?

Emotion and Charisma is 2 Different things tho. Jay-Z has alot of Charisma but his emotion doesnt come through (Hate the fact i agree with Shadyteam) but still. Biggie has A LOT of Charisma but Emotionally Pac had him by leaps and bounds.

Pac on Dear Mama = Emotion

"Even as a ? fieeeeeend Mama/ you always was a Black Queeeeen Mama" u FELT it even if ya mom never touched the Pipe a day in her life.

• BackInWhite

you dumb ?

Emotion and Charisma is 2 Different things tho. Jay-Z has alot of Charisma but his emotion doesnt come through (Hate the fact i agree with Shadyteam) but still. Biggie has A LOT of Charisma but Emotionally Pac had him by leaps and bounds.

Pac on Dear Mama = Emotion

"Even as a ? fieeeeeend Mama/ you always was a Black Queeeeen Mama" u FELT it even if ya mom never touched the Pipe a day in her life.

so why are you quoting me?
    i didn't get the 2 mixed up
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catching feelings over somebody's taste=? ? syndrome...

Wackness and Greatness are in the eye of the beholder....Like what you like and be easy..Btw

BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARDEST & REALEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/black-sheep-in-wolves-clothing/id517696269

Yeah thats shameless promotion!
  • High Revolutionary

You just haven't found an artist currently that you can connect to emotionally/psychologically its all good . Your probably an

older fan.

Thank ? for the internet.

I'm currently bumping this Q-tip mixtape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MLo_CeJlw8&feature=relmfu
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa! Did you really just say Pac and DMX wasn't lyrical? Really? Pac is one of the most lyrical dudes ever, and X ain't too far behind.

Y'all getting lyrical mixed up with the syllable rap ? where dudes say ? like lyrical, spiritual, miracle etc.

you dumb ?

FOH, none of the new dudes have charisma. They all look and act like a bunch of outcast mofos who have a mission to make ? that will never be accepted, the norm.