Best phone out better than the Iphone 4s?

Meela Dymme
Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
edited April 2012 in IllTek
I have the 4s. Before that I had the Evo 4g. Android is pretty good but this smaller screen and mobile hotspot with up to 4 devices suck. I'm looking at the HTC Evo 4g LTE. Either that or the Galaxy Nexus when it comes to Sprint.

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with that HTC Evo 4g LTE...Galaxy is nice but compared to HTC...I favor HTC much more
  • Meela Dymme
    yeah. I've always been a HTC Person. First I had the HTC Diamond, then Evo, then Evo 3d. Well I tried out the Motoralla Photon for a week and see why the original Razor was the only flashship phone they have. They freaking suck. Having tried out samsung since my pre-paid days. But yeah this Iphone has to go, I'm use to doing so much more with the Evo.
  • Yroc
    Yroc Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    yeah. I've always been a HTC Person. First I had the HTC Diamond, then Evo, then Evo 3d. Well I tried out the Motoralla Photon for a week and see why the original Razor was the only flashship phone they have. They freaking suck. Having tried out samsung since my pre-paid days. But yeah this Iphone has to go, I'm use to doing so much more with the Evo.

we've had similar cellular journeys, i've had the htc touch, diamond, evo, and now the evo 3d. and i'll will be getting the evo 4g lte when it comes out. it seems like every time i get a new phone from htc it's better than the last one from them i had. so hopefully they stay with that tradition, cause as much as i like apple as a company, for some reason i can't seem to pull the trigger...
  • Meela Dymme
    Yroc wrote: »

we've had similar cellular journeys, i've had the htc touch, diamond, evo, and now the evo 3d. and i'll will be getting the evo 4g lte when it comes out. it seems like every time i get a new phone from htc it's better than the last one from them i had. so hopefully they stay with that tradition, cause as much as i like apple as a company, for some reason i can't seem to pull the trigger...

Yea. Htc admit that the past year they kind of just beeen releasing phones too much but now will get back to focusing on quality of their phones....i dont know if im going to stick with htc i kinda wanted to try out the galaxy note since lately samsung been on a roll at trying to steal apple users. We'll see tho
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsung galaxy 2>>>>>>
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    motorola droid razr
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    <-Will never buy another htc device.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    I had this scam where I would take dopefiends to radioshack so they could get the free evos nd turn around nd flip them ? tothe arab phone-spots.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this scam where I would take dopefiends to radioshack so they could get the free evos nd turn around nd flip them ? tothe arab phone-spots.

bruh...a true g never needs to brag about his exploits...we are not women, we don't need attention

Yea I heard them galaxy 2s are decent though I never got my hands on one. I have just been so impressed with the HTCs...though like you said, you have to be careful because they churning them out like hot cakes...

But if you do go Galaxy, I don't think you will be disappointed...people in forums rave about them all time.

And yea...? an iphone...the consumer is not dumb...

iphone feels like they holding my hand while I'm using it...I don't like that ? ...

• Yroc

Anybody know how to view more indepth call details on an EVO??

Like when I go to call details it doesn't show me how long the call was and what time it was made and what time it ended. So it damn sure won't tell me that in call history either

Do I need an app just for that???

go to calls, hit the history icon, hit menu, select view, choose either incoming/outgoing/missed, then just choose the history icon for person/number you wanna see.

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Anybody know how to view more indepth call details on an EVO??

Like when I go to call details it doesn't show me how long the call was and what time it was made and what time it ended. So it damn sure won't tell me that in call history either

Do I need an app just for that???

go to calls, hit the history icon, hit menu, select view, choose either incoming/outgoing/missed, then just choose the history icon for person/number you wanna see.
    yeah ... that doesnt show you call duration etc tho. all that shows you is what time you made the call

i got an app called call duration explorer so ill see how that works
  • Yroc
    yeah ... that doesnt show you call duration etc tho. all that shows you is what time you made the call...

disagree. if you do everything as prescribed no app is needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTHIN IS ? WITH HTC HD2....I can boot Windows 7, Android, and Linux on my phone at any time....I got Iphone themes that ? on Iphones....The screen is the biggest...it's hard to break these ? ...Plus they were made before the gov't started putting that amber alert ? on all the newer phones...
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    yeah ... that doesnt show you call duration etc tho. all that shows you is what time you made the call...

disagree. if you do everything as prescribed no app is needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    LOL are you sure??

oh ? you know what tho??

i never updated to gingerbread LOLOLOLOL

i was worried that i might need to root one day and that the new OS wouldnt be rootable LOL

ive been at this phone ? since nextel, so shame on me for really thinking they wouldnt eventually get around it either way LOL
  • Yroc
    @UPTOWN CONNEXX you know what, just go into people choose a contact and just slide the slider at the bottom all the way to the right to the call history icon. that's another way.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Samsung's Galaxy Note
  • CBDub
    CBDub Members Posts: 16
    I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 wit T-Mobile....pretty kool phone so far quick as well...4g wrks well where im at....
  • Meela Dymme
    Galaxy note what im getting september, that is if its still up to date with other devices
  • Florence52
    Florence52 Members Posts: 7
    Well I tried out the Motoralla Photon for a week and see why the original Razor was the only flashship phone they have. They freaking suck. Having tried out samsung since my pre-paid days. But yeah this Iphone has to go, I'm use to doing so much more with the Evo. avatar4.jpg
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Florence52 wrote: »
    Well I tried out the Motoralla Photon for a week and see why the original Razor was the only flashship phone they have. They freaking suck. Having tried out samsung since my pre-paid days. But yeah this Iphone has to go, I'm use to doing so much more with the Evo. avatar4.jpg

on sprints webpage, they have a new Evo coming out, ? suppose to be better then the 1st Evo, which was a powerful phone @ its time....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this right here is looking to be a iPhone killer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NUE4sleY1X8

That said, by the time it comes out, the iPhone 5 will probably close behind, so...
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭

That said, by the time it comes out, the iPhone 5 will probably close behind, so...

I went to the Sprint store and they didn't know what I was talking about. How do you sell phones and not know whats comming.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Say What wrote: »

I went to the Sprint store and they didn't know what I was talking about. How do you sell phones and not know whats comming.

The people in the stores don't know ? for real. I don't think I've ever gotten an answer about upcoming phones from someone working in a Verizon store. I mean I guess the ? that hasn't come out yet really doesn't matter them since they aren't selling it yet, but damn, you'd think you'd stay up on ? if it was your livelihood.
  • The Lonious Monk
    ^^^which is why i loathe doing anything that involves a human interaction...i rather research myself and buy online

Not a bad way to go for just about anything honestly.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    Man I'm coping that Galaxy, ? is definitely a iPhone killer