Hip Hop Holograms: Pros and Cons/Future Success

MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in AllHipHop.com Editorials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L73tGfOam4&feature=player_embedded

So they dropped a hip hologram of pac at cochella and already the hip hop world is buzzing about it. what do you guys think the pros and cons of this technology and how successful could future holograms be as far as having them at concerts?

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    da ? is WACK cuz tupac wouldve neva said wat up ? AZZ DRe u c wat da REAL makaveli is sayin n my SIG...
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so they can add things to make tupac say ?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro: visuals to go along with music we love
    cons: it has to be expensive
    I will say that its not something we will see often because of the cost. only at large concerts like this one. i dont we see snoop on stage with a tupac hologram or jay on stage with biggie if they have to come out they on pocket for it
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    people complain about everything i tell ya.....the man is dead and gone we all know this....but we still love his music...the hologram was like a tribute i feel like......he wasnt there, but everybody was able to look at him and rock wit him like he was.....tight as ? to me....

watch diddy try to bring biggie back at his next birthday bash tho smh....

EDIT: that was goat how they ended it too....gave me chills...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    people complain about everything i tell ya.....the man is dead and gone we all know this....but we still love his music...the hologram was like a tribute i feel like......he wasnt there, but everybody was able to look at him and rock wit him like he was.....tight as ? to me....

This will eventually happen
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    ? was spooky AF
  • GeE-757
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

ya damn rite people is gonna complain when u got pac sayin wat up ? dre cuz that ? aint REAL thatz like pac sayin GGGAY-UNIT fake as ? !

http://youtu.be/WPwXXojzazI
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    that hologram looked a lil bigger than pac was tho! still dope tho
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Pro: He can't be hit with a ? charge
    con: he can't shoot living cops.

lmao i dunno as the technology improves i think they could get him to use weapons and ? lol

• DA_Righteous1
    DA_Righteous1 Members Posts: 35
    So his family and friends can give consent to do a hologram but no one wants to pool money together and find out his real killer.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    pro: visuals to go along with music we love
    cons: it has to be expensive
    I will say that its not something we will see often because of the cost. only at large concerts like this one. i dont we see snoop on stage with a tupac hologram or jay on stage with biggie if they have to come out they on pocket for it

here is the thing though.....with 5 to 10 more years of technology improvements it could cost a company less and there is a huge market for themed events of artists who have died or a group with members who have died. Them michael jackson cirque du solei and the beatles cover band rain and many other tribute bands get racks on racks on racks by doing these shows.

Now that this ? is shifting to hip hop its a whole new market of people to make money off. While now it will be only at special awards shows or big festivals i expect to see this ? more and more and years progress.

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheres the natedogg one
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big fans are mad right now that this hologram ? wasnt first used on him.....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea it did look weird but i thought it was cool
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? was a lil creepy.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    R.Greezy wrote: »
    wheres the natedogg one

i dunno even know i thought it was weird they hyped up the nate dogg ? and then suprised everyone with pac i cant even find the youtube link to the nate thing if he even performed

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    tumblr_m2k92smvPs1qh7ut9o1_500.gif

There wasn't a Nate Dogg hologram...woulda been nice if there was one
  • GeE-757
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    here is the thing though.....with 5 to 10 more years of technology improvements it could cost a company less and there is a huge market for themed events of artists who have died or a group with members who have died. Them michael jackson cirque du solei and the beatles cover band rain and many other tribute bands get racks on racks on racks by doing these shows.

Now that this ? is shifting to hip hop its a whole new market of people to make money off. While now it will be only at special awards shows or big festivals i expect to see this ? more and more and years progress.

therr mayb a big market fa da michael jacksonz & ? but havin 2pac shoutin out people he didnt ? wit aint gonna make people happy..
  • CJVisuals
    CJVisuals Members Posts: 350
    Pretty soon there will be a hologram tour of every dead rapper, up on stage together looking like created players smh But, I saw the Coachella video, and it was pretty ... interesting how they had Pac up there. We'll see where this goes.
  • Elephants
    Elephants Members Posts: 26
    I was soo ? I thought I was just seeing ? . It was ? hilarious! I started feeling all nostalgic and ? .
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GeE-757
    tumblr_m2k92smvPs1qh7ut9o1_500.gif

There wasn't a Nate Dogg hologram...woulda been nice if there was one

thatz krazy therr wasnt no nate dogg hologram cuz even CNN newz was talkin about that da other day lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On camera it looked real but being there live? The crowd didn't seem to really go all nuts to me.

I could see the bigs like Pac, Nate and Biggie being used in the future. Maybe even concerts, they may be expensive but the concerts would pay for them.

I could see this being big for an MJ concert.