Hip Hop Holograms: Pros and Cons/Future Success

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    here is the thing though.....with 5 to 10 more years of technology improvements it could cost a company less and there is a huge market for themed events of artists who have died or a group with members who have died. Them michael jackson cirque du solei and the beatles cover band rain and many other tribute bands get racks on racks on racks by doing these shows.

Now that this ? is shifting to hip hop its a whole new market of people to make money off. While now it will be only at special awards shows or big festivals i expect to see this ? more and more and years progress.

therr mayb a big market fa da michael jacksonz & ? but havin 2pac shoutin out people he didnt ? wit aint gonna make people happy..

Maybe but the average fan doesn't get that cause they associate both artists as being west coast affiliated. Now if diddy is doing his dancing in front of a hollogram pac and pac says "my ? diddy!" then fans will get mad cause thats obvious. As long as they get consent from a family or estate owner and it seems somewhat realistic people will be flock to whatever hollogram event is being shown mid concert.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    On camera it looked real but being there live? The crowd didn't seem to really go all nuts to me.

I could see the bigs like Pac, Nate and Biggie being used in the future. Maybe even concerts, they may be expensive but the concerts would pay for them.

I could see this being big for an MJ concert.

I thought the same thing. It didnt seem like ppl were ? with it
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro: visuals to go along with music we love
    cons: it has to be expensive
    I will say that its not something we will see often because of the cost. only at large concerts like this one. i dont we see snoop on stage with a tupac hologram or jay on stage with biggie if they have to come out they on pocket for it

here is the thing though.....with 5 to 10 more years of technology improvements it could cost a company less and there is a huge market for themed events of artists who have died or a group with members who have died. Them michael jackson cirque du solei and the beatles cover band rain and many other tribute bands get racks on racks on racks by doing these shows.

Now that this ? is shifting to hip hop its a whole new market of people to make money off. While now it will be only at special awards shows or big festivals i expect to see this ? more and more and years progress.

I cant see it being profitable at any given time. No one is gonna pay a $100 dollars for a seat in a arena to see 3 hours of a hologram. the money tossed around for these tribute bands is nothing compared to what a hologram cost to make. in a few years that production cost is not gonna go down that much.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Maybe but the average fan doesn't get that cause they associate both artists as being west coast affiliated. Now if diddy is doing his dancing in front of a hollogram pac and pac says "my ? diddy!" then fans will get mad cause thats obvious. As long as they get consent from a family or estate owner and it seems somewhat realistic people will be flock to whatever hollogram event is being shown mid concert.

that dont make sense that soundz like a white hiphop fan cuz a REAL PAC fan knowz pac didnt like ? azz dre & pac made that very clear like n my sig & n his musik anybody sayin otherwize is not a real pac fan again i just dont c folkz likin pac shoutin out folkz he didnt like hell pac didnt even like SNOOP i just think this whole hologram of rapperz like TUPAC is wack especially when people is tryna change pac n2 sumthang hez not...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2012

that dont make sense that soundz like a white hiphop fan cuz a REAL PAC fan knowz pac didnt like ? azz dre & pac made that very clear like n my sig & n his musik anybody sayin otherwize is not a real pac fan again i just dont c folkz likin pac shoutin out folkz he didnt like hell pac didnt even like SNOOP i just think this whole hologram of rapperz like TUPAC is wack especially when people is tryna change pac n2 sumthang hez not...

That doesn't make sense, cause a hip hop fan would know about Pac's beef with both of them, you should have said the casual fan
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    That doesn't make sense, cause a hip hop fan would know about Pac's beef with both of them, you should have said the casual white fan

call me ignorant but thatz da 1st thang that popp;d n my head is a clueless white person not gettin that ? o well lol..yeah i couldve word;d that betta
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Pro: He can't be hit with a ? charge
    con: he can't shoot living cops.

lmao i dunno as the technology improves i think they could get him to use weapons and ? lol

he could shoot hologram cops lmao
    da ? is WACK cuz tupac wouldve neva said wat up ? AZZ DRe u c wat da REAL makaveli is sayin n my SIG...
    So you're saying if Pac was still alive his opinions on Dre wouldn't have changed even after 16 years? stop it man
  • semi-auto-mato
    we really cant argue about what pac would or wouldnt say. its a hologram so he's only gonna say things they have recordings of. the person behind the scenes gets to pick and choose how they want to present the artist. someone might want him yelling ? bad boy and someone might want him and big on stage together. he has done both so u cant say he would or wouldnt.
  • GeE-757
    So you're saying if Pac was still alive his opinions on Dre wouldn't have changed even after 16 years? stop it man

i dont care about all that all i want is da REAL PAC & he said ? ? AZZ DRE! ? a fake hologram!
    we really cant argue about what pac would or wouldnt say. its a hologram so he's only gonna say things they have recordings of. the person behind the scenes gets to pick and choose how they want to present the artist. someone might want him yelling ? bad boy and someone might want him and big on stage together. he has done both so u cant say he would or wouldnt.

itz not really about arguin wat pac would say itz just i dont wanna c pac bein changed n2 sumthang hez not itz bad enuff they do ? like that wit his MUSIK havin pac sayin ? he wouldve neva said imean we dont need no fake azz hologram of pac puttin on a show sayin sum fake ? 2
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    white people finding anyway to get money outta black people...even the dead ones

fukkas dont stop
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? was dope as ? .
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

oo thats how it works .. they should made his set lil longer

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    da ? is WACK cuz tupac wouldve neva said wat up ? AZZ DRe u c wat da REAL makaveli is sayin n my SIG...

yeah, 2Pac was an irrational ? that would have stayed mad for more than 15 years
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    yeah, 2Pac was an irrational ? that would have stayed mad for more than 15 years

tupac would have plenty of reasonz 2 still b ? ;d @ ? dre 2DAY especially since alize sign;d a RACIST CRACKA pac wouldve kick;d ? azz drez azz!
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I don't know how it looks live as in the audience but seeing it on video was mind-blowing. I actually thought it was creative and cool and really brought me back to being 15-16 year old listening to Pac. I thought the CGI for the hologram and the movements were pretty accurate for Pac. I think this is going to be huge in the future for dead artist especially Michael Jackson, The Beatles and even Whitney Houston. This will be looked back on as historic for them being able to achieve this. With that said, I don't think they should be putting words in artist mouth. Like the way Eminem had Pac saying "Gunit" on that album, just use real audio of things Pac said or other artist said. Don't be having Pac up there with Lil Wayne saying "Young Money" cause that would be weak or saying "Roc Nation" or whatever. And Yes, Diddy already put in his Biggie order now, as soon as Diddy saw this, he saw dollar signs. LOL. But it was dope, errie and weird all at the same time. Pac is still with us.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    i'm sure this is some industry exec's dream. you don't have to pay the artist, you may even own all their publishing, they contributed all the artistry but since they're gone you can have them perform at any venue, get them to give the show you want and the best part about it the artist isn't even here. They have found a way to make the artist a 100% commodity.

It was nice to see what looked like Pac and Snoop on stage again though but it's all about that dollar lets not forget.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    tumblr_m2k92smvPs1qh7ut9o1_500.gif

How can anyone who grew up on Pac not like this, dope tribute. It so strange cause he's kinda transparent and it seems like a ghost is on stage, amazing visual effects.
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    How can anyone who grew up on Pac not like this, dope tribute. It so strange cause he's kinda transparent and it seems like a ghost is on stage, amazing visual effects.

eazy da ? is fake as ? pac didnt even like snoop b4 he died thatz a fake tribute i just think hologramz of rapperz like pac shouldnt b allow;d imo..especially since snoop has said alot of FOUL ? about pac since hez been dead like biggie couldve destroy;d pac & nas had pac shook & ? smh
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was amazing, ? gave Me goose bumps... Reminds Me of the Klitscko ring entrance with Fraiser and them...

I woulda thought Pac woulda long got over the drama and beef Suge was filling his mind with and made up with Snoop and Dre and got real money... Anyways

'You know what the ? I think is just pathetic and ?
    when n*ggaz speculate what the ? 'Pac would say
    you don't know ? , about a dead mans perspective'
  • rapmastermind

eazy da ? is fake as ? pac didnt even like snoop b4 he died i just think hologramz of rapperz like pac shouldnt b allow;d imo...

Again I agree about exploiting Pac's image for profit but they doing that now with all the remix albums and soon to be movie. As for Pac not liking Snoop and Dre, they were both on his last LP released while he was alive, the beef didn't start till right before he died. Dre gave Pac his biggest hit. If done right this is a good way to keep Pac's and other dead artist legacy going, give the fans something. Trust me there will be Holograms of:

Biggie
    Michael Jackson
    Whitney Houston
    John Lennon and George Harrison (Beatles)
    Bob Marley
    Kurt Cobain

This will open the flood gates.
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    Again I agree about exploiting Pac's image for profit but they doing that now with all the remix albums and soon to be movie. As for Pac not liking Snoop and Dre, they were both on his last LP released while he was alive, the beef didn't start till right before he died. Dre gave Pac his biggest hit. If done right this is a good way to keep Pac's and other dead artist legacy going, give the fans something. Trust me there will be Holograms of:

Biggie
    Michael Jackson
    Whitney Houston
    John Lennon and George Harrison (Beatles)
    Bob Marley
    Kurt Cobain

This will open the flood gates.

but da thang is when tupac was ALIVE snoop didnt even want 2 perform 2 of amerikkkaz most want;d wit pac so again ? this fake azz ? ...& pac made it very clear long b4 his def that ? azz dre was a ? that ? was not rite b4 pac died like da snoop ? im just not feelin this pac hologram ? ....but this hologram ? would work betta fa artist like a michael jackson & whitney or marley but ? that tupac ? lol
  • semi-auto-mato
    I dont think this will be at all. it may be good here and there but a bunch of fans will consider it disrespectful to their fav artist. there is no interaction with the crowd at all. u are basically just watching a video.
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yeah gee you need to just give up on this one homie. I mean you talking as if 3 months before not ? with Snoop he was ? with Snoop. He was ? with Dre til we heard Dre's leaving Death row. Yet you in here talking like Pac's feelings were set in stone and you can project his feelings in the future. so he can meet up with Nas and squash that beef but there is no possible way that he would have squashed a beef with Dre and Snoop? And we all know he didn't really have a beef with them Suge put him up to the ? . come on now

ya krazy tupac was callin ? azz dre a ? long b4 his def pac didnt like ? azz dre da only beef that happen;d b4 pac died was that snoop ? & that beef really start;d when snoopyz scary azz didnt want 2 perform 2 of amerikkaz most want;d

http://youtu.be/DKa0Q5d8nU4

& pac had a legit reason not 2 like ? azz dre cuz he was a ? & he left snoop high & dry when snooop was facin a murder case that ? aint have nuttin 2 do wit suge & da beef wit snoop was brought on by SNOOp not suge...

http://youtu.be/1TocZIHfjHo