Hip Hop Holograms: Pros and Cons/Future Success

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Thats interesting perspective cause he might have. From what i have read into this was something that dre took ass a lost even if you put in whatever cochella is paying him for this concert. I can respect dre if this was a 1 time thing he did as a tribute as a lost. But if someone was doing some big ass tour 5 years down the road cutting costs to make a profit i cant respect that.

how is suge gonna ? sum ? up when hez givin us da REAL PAC like he did when he released MAKAVELI?....? azz dre is givin us a FAKE PAC!
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gzTWT.jpg

LOL. So I hear Dre is serious about making the Pac hologram a tour fixture. This is only the beginning, What happen is about to change the game for dead artist. But like I said there is growing criticism that people should let these artist rest in peace.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    Thats interesting perspective cause he might have. From what i have read into this was something that dre took ass a lost even if you put in whatever cochella is paying him for this concert. I can respect dre if this was a 1 time thing he did as a tribute as a lost. But if someone was doing some big ass tour 5 years down the road cutting costs to make a profit i cant respect that.

how is suge gonna ? sum ? up when hez givin us da REAL PAC like he did when he released MAKAVELI?....? azz dre is givin us a FAKE PAC!

if you put aside your hate for pac and be objective you will see that all he did was have it say whaddup dre. That is not taking it too far. Had the hollogram been like "dre my nigggaaaaaa!" that would have been too far. The rest of that ? sounded like a real ass pac tho regardless of if its fake.

While you think its fake you have to respectfully agree with the majority of people who think this was so authentic ? had to check what they were smoking or what was in their cup. If this was thought to be so fake it would not have been as positive of reaction from pacs family, die hard fans, general hip hop fans and so on.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator

if you put aside your hate for pac and be objective you will see that all he did was have it say whaddup dre. That is not taking it too far. Had the hollogram been like "dre my nigggaaaaaa!" that would have been too far. The rest of that ? sounded like a real ass pac tho regardless of if its fake.

While you think its fake you have to respectfully agree with the majority of people who think this was so authentic ? had to check what they were smoking or what was in their cup. If this was thought to be so fake it would not have been as positive of reaction from pacs family, die hard fans, general hip hop fans and so on.

Nah, Gee hates Dre lol
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012

wtf is u talkin pac didnt like ? azz dre so pac sayin whaddup dre is takin it 2 far cuz that ? is not REAL & if u think it is u aint no real pac fan u c my SIG!...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

wtf is u talkin pac didnt like ? azz dre so pac sayin whaddup dre is takin it 2 far cuz that ? is not REAL & if u think it is u aint no real pac fan u c my SIG!...

yeah but tons of ? hated each other in the rap game and some of them are cool now. At the end of the day if he really still hated him he would have mocked tupac or went too far with the charachter. All pac said to dre was "what up dre" unless you can prove anything else that the hollogram did that was not authentic to how pac was you are just going be deemed a ? who catching feelings and fails to be objective. You cant call him ? ass dre then get way too sensitive about the ? anytime someone mentions him lol.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouts to Gee for never changing his opinion lol
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    yeah but tons of ? hated each other in the rap game and some of them are cool now. At the end of the day if he really still hated him he would have mocked tupac or went too far with the charachter. All pac said to dre was "what up dre" unless you can prove anything else that the hollogram did that was not authentic to how pac was you are just going be deemed a ? who catching feelings and fails to be objective. You cant call him ? ass dre then get way too sensitive about the ? anytime someone mentions him lol.

my thang is ya n herr tryna knock suge cuz he wouldve gave us da REAL PAC not no FAKE azz pac like ? azz dre did that hologram was not pac...& when tupac was ALIVE snoop didnt want 2 perform 2 of amerikkaz most want;d wit pac so ? him perform that ? wit a HOLOGRAM cuz thatz FAKE!
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Lucas on Tupac Hologram: "R2D2 was behind the whole thing"

tupacs-hologram-in-star-wars.jpg

LOL.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2012
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    while Dre's name is platered all over this Jimmy is most likely the true Mastermind because he still banks off them all...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe some of y'all are cosigning this. This ? is straight disrespect to Tupac and what he stood for.

They're basically just using his image to make money, no ifs, ands, or buts. The whole concept is disgusting.
  • GeE-757
    while Dre's name is platered all over this Jimmy is most likely the true Mastermind because he still banks off them all...
    I can't believe some of y'all are cosigning this. This ? is straight disrespect to Tupac and what he stood for.

They're basically just using his image to make money, no ifs, ands, or buts. The whole concept is disgusting.

all i can do is just smh...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would very much enjoy a Nicki Minaj hologram.

Seeing a Tupac ghost is too creepy for me but if we could get a Foxy Brown & Nicki Minaj one we could make a movie "Eat da Box".
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

can you prove they are doing this to make money because i don't think they made money on this cause it costed millions and dre was getting paid whatever regardless. One thing i brought up is how do people feel about a world tour that would make a profit 5 years down the road but right now this ? is expensive as ? and nearly impossible to turn a profit of

• gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

all i can do is just smh...

Ah Gee, whats going to happen when they put the Tupac hologram on a nation wide tour with the biggie hologram with puffy coordinating the entire show? I can see it now, Pac on stage rocking out with puffy smh.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question is, does it cost whatever it costs (rumored 10 milli) to make the hologram, or is it (10 milli) to have the hologram perform per show?

if it's 10 per show, there's no way that ? would turn a profit, even on a world tour. If it's 10 for the hologram and a few extra for additional upgrades such as new movements, songs, voiceovers, etc, then that's cool, but not 10 per show.........HELL NO!!!!

I thought the hologram was cool, eerie as ? , but cool.
  • gman82

I was thinking the same thing. You know Jimmy masterminded this project. If you mad now, just wait until the Tupac and Young Money tour next summer
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 milli? I read that it cost between 100,000 and 400,000
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mally_G wrote: »
    my question is, does it cost whatever it costs (rumored 10 milli) to make the hologram, or is it (10 milli) to have the hologram perform per show?

if it's 10 per show, there's no way that ? would turn a profit, even on a world tour. If it's 10 for the hologram and a few extra for additional upgrades such as new movements, songs, voiceovers, etc, then that's cool, but not 10 per show.........HELL NO!!!!

I thought the hologram was cool, eerie as ? , but cool.

the rumor is pac's hologram was about 500k...his performance was all of 5 minutes? so yeah you probably in the ballpark with that 10 mil for a full 2 to 3 hour concert. tickets would be 1500 for upper upper deck

• GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    gman82 wrote: »
    Ah Gee, whats going to happen when they put the Tupac hologram on a nation wide tour with the biggie hologram with puffy coordinating the entire show? I can see it now, Pac on stage rocking out with puffy smh.

i cant c da PEOPLE lettin that hologram nationwide tour happen that ? would b foolish ? all this hologram ? if it aint da real i dont wanna c or hear it...,plus i know SUGE would not allow puff 2 pull that off cuz it puff tried sum ? like that i can c suge bein on sum 96 beef ? again...lol
  • gman82

i cant c da PEOPLE lettin that hologram nationwide tour happen that ? would b foolish ? all this hologram ? if it aint da real i dont wanna c or hear it...,plus i know SUGE would not allow puff 2 pull that off cuz it puff tried sum ? like that i can c suge bein on sum 96 beef ? again...lol

LOL yeah I dont think Suge would let the homie go out like that. Worst case scenario, California would be a no fly zone for the hologram tour.
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    LOL yeah I dont think Suge would let the homie go out like that. Worst case scenario, California would be a no fly zone for the hologram tour.

lol YEP!
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of the day this really serves no purpose. like I said earlier other than seeing what looked like Pac rockin the stage once again was good to see, but at the end of the day what purpose does it serve? oh oh yeah, "entertainment", how about investing that 10 mill into finding out who was behind his murder? how about droppin that 10 mill to some of these communities out here struggling? these people think they own tupac's soul, they're gonna try to ? him out for eternity, as long as his mother is willing to accept money (who isn't these days?) they'll continue to play on peoples emotions.

someone might say for what? Dre and them spent more money getting the hologram over the overall profit. which is true, but it's not about the bottom line dollar all the time. This was about your attention, if they have that you'll have no problem buying whatever they got to sell you.
  • gman82

lol YEP!

When puff or somebody get knocked out for using the 2Pac hologram they gone blame Pac for destroying hip hop smh.