Nipsey Hussle Speaks On Rappers Like Lil Wayne & Jim Jones Who Claim Gang Affiliation

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/03/31/interview-nipsey-hussle-talks-african-roots-snoop-dogg-co-sign-and-rappers-reppin-gangs/
Complex: Does it bother you at all when certain rappers like Lil Wayne or Jim Jones rep Bloods?

Nipsey Hussle: If you 35, 28, or 30 years old, and you decide you’re gonna pick up a rag and start bangin’, and you can look yourself in the mirror and you still feel like you’re a man? That’s cool, do your thing. My concern is the ? that are really in the ? . I’m more focused on giving solutions and inspiration more than anything. But to answer your question, I feel like it’s fraudulent. Straight up. If you ain’t put on to this ? , you wasn’t courted on, you ain’t going to the back of the buildings to fight, your homies didn’t get put on, you not from a gang. Not only are you not from a gang, if you ain’t press a line and put in work, not necessarily ? nobody but you know, put yours on the line. It ain’t just you a Blood when it’s convenient, cause you got a camera and it looks cool. When you around 100 Crips, you still a Blood. When 40-Glocc and them run up on you, you still a Blood. And I ain’t talking about Wayne. I got respect for they movement and I like the dude as an artist. But I’m just saying on some ? ? , when you go to the county jail and you walk in the court tank and it’s 50 of your enemies, you still gonna say the 60s (Rollin 60 Neighborhood Crips). Or you not a gangbanger. Your homies gonna hear about it, beat you up, kick you in your ass, and you was for nothin’. I know in the real world in this ? , a lot of ? wouldn’t make it. So like I said, it’s an overstanding I got about it. I look at it like these ? is totally out of character.

Comments