Why is marijuana persecuted so harshly?

Options
2»

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They don't legalize it because they don't want everyone and their dog walking around high. For the same reason they don't want everyone and their dog walking around ? . Deny it all you want, weed affects your brain.

you sound like a ? that has never smoked a day in your life. dont speak on something you know nothing about. let me turn your argument on your head, alcohol is legal but does everybody walk around ? ? ? no. just do yourself a favor and ? .
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Personally I don't understand all uproar about this issue - my state (Calif.) has decriminalized possession of less than ounce of marijuana.....so what's the problem? -- as long as you don't have more than that amount, its a citation (100 dollar fine or less). I just don't understand those who harp about the benefits and they never wanna look at the down side IE the affects it would have on societies younger generation,and those prone to addiction. Just what society needs another distraction while driving.....? ! We got fools texting while driving or talking on cellphones. Now lets allow them to be stoned out of their stupid little minds while driving.

I see distracted drivers every day and this country doesn't need to legalize marijuana just to please those who think its so harmless - some/most folks can be responsible ? smokers and others will abuse it regardless of its legal status & therein lies the biggest underlying reason for NOT legalizing it.

Everything has side effects and there are people who will abuse anything. If you've watched an episode of intervention you could see just a fraction of the dumb ? people allow to ruin their lives.

However, anyone who's attended some sort of academic institution knows of people who got stoned out of their tree all the time and still managed to maintain good grades, strong healthy relationships and all that other good ? . Marijuana is not guaranteed to make you a lazy hippy - just as mcdonalds isn't guaranteed to make you one of those 800 pound people who can't get out of bed cause they're so big.

Saying that people can abuse it, so it should be illegal is nonsense because people can and do abuse everything. As we speak there are people going to detox for video game/computer addiction - yet nobody is talking about that despite the fact that the average teenager male spend about 5-6 hours a day alone secluded in their room interacting with a machine to the point where they reach their 20s and have the social intelligence of a 12 year old.

Marijuana is far less dangerous than many other things that are currently legal.

You got that RIGHT! - I stated my opinion about California law & I can deal with said restrictions and this man knows his limitations -- I'm not about to go off the deep end in whatever I partake in whether others like it or not - maybe since I don't drink or smoke cigarettes, my one little vice isn't gonna get me in any trouble,Unlike those other damn legal addictive ones did years and years ago.

• SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "They don't give a ? about you... they sell guns at Walmart"
    - Chris Rock
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They don't legalize it because they don't want everyone and their dog walking around high. For the same reason they don't want everyone and their dog walking around ? . Deny it all you want, weed affects your brain.

you sound like a ? that has never smoked a day in your life. dont speak on something you know nothing about. let me turn your argument on your head, alcohol is legal but does everybody walk around ? ? ? no. just do yourself a favor and ? .

And you sound like a total ? idiot who doesn't know wtf they're talking about.

Take your own advice and ? about things you know nothing about.
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Just because someone does not use a substance does not mean what they say regarding that substance is of no value.

Judge arguments by the merit of what has been said and the truth of their statement, not by who the person who made the argument is or how they live.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    He goes flying off on a wild clueless tangent and gets an ether? I can't believe how many emotional ? post on this site.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    He goes flying off on a wild clueless tangent and gets an ether? I can't believe how many emotional ? post on this site.

the statement I made wasnt wild or clueless. it was just real talk, you dont know what the hell you are talkin about. pure and ? simple. ass wipe.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    How are you gonna sit here and tell me it's REAL talk when you assume you know I don't smoke weed. You're a joke, you're HOLE ? post was all ? TALK not real talk, that's real talk.
  • smokelahoma
    Options
    How are you gonna sit here and tell me it's REAL talk when you assume you know I don't smoke weed. You're a joke, you're HOLE ? post was all ? TALK not real talk, that's real talk.

step one, learn how to spell. step two, go sit in a corner ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited April 2012
    Options

step one, learn how to spell. step two, go sit in a corner ? .

Still talking out your ass huh ? .
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it don't make dollar it don't make sense. That's how the gov't sees it.

you sound like an idiot, marijuana is a billion dollar industry. playa.

You are the true idiot. If the gov't could make more money off selling green, then from probation and court fines and tickets, they would make it legal.

smh@ you if you think the gov't really gives a ? about how ? affects you. It's all about the money.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is the Gov't worst nightmare
  • heyslick
    Options

Did you know that, in American Colonial times, growing ? was MANDATORY? The tiny little ? seed was the very foundation of civilization back then. It was the first of the "Grow Laws."

The first ? laws in America were passed in 1619 and they were 'must grow' laws. If you were a farmer living in America and you didn't grow ? , you would be jailed or kicked out of the country as a non patriot. These first laws were put in place by the Colonist Government of Great Britain. In 1773 and again in 1776, ( the year the Declaration of Independence was signed). American made their own must grow laws. At that time, it was one of the most widely used plants in the world.

Fact - Cannabis ? was legal tender (money) in most of America from 1631 until the early 1800s. Thomas Jefferson risked his life bring ? seeds to America from overseas. Benjamin Franklin, started the first paper mill in America and all of the paper was made out of ? . Wars were fought over ? and without it, America never would have won the Revolutionary war.Obviously the mobs of Muslims attacking and murdering these Christians while setting their homes on fire are not as well versed on the Quran as George W. Bush is - he said it is the religious of peace and tolerance and those who use it for violence aren't true Muslims and don't understand its message.

Check-out the full article at the link below - very interesting/& historical read

http://cliffordshack-article-archive-storage.blogspot.com/2012/01/legalizing-? -illuminatis-worst.html#!/2012/01/legalizing-? -illuminatis-worst.html
  • heyslick
    Options
    This snippet within my remark above....I dont know how it got in there? SOO just disregard it.

Obviously the mobs of Muslims attacking and murdering these Christians while setting their homes on fire are not as well versed on the Quran as George W. Bush is - he said it is the religious of peace and tolerance and those who use it for violence aren't true Muslims and don't understand its message.
  • heyslick
    Options
    here's the link from page 1

http://cliffordshack-article-archive-storage.blogspot.com/2012/01/legalizing-? -illuminatis-worst.html#!/2012/01/legalizing-? -illuminatis-worst.html