Recording captures Texas cop killing man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video)

MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Social Lounge
April 18 - Recording captures Texas cop shooting and killing man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video) - ThatHustle.com
image.jpg

'You killed my best friend!' owner shouts; Austin police chief apologizes on air during morning talk radio show

Chilling video has surfaced of the moment a Texas cop responding to an emergency call at the wrong address shot and killed a man's beloved dog.

The officer’s police cruiser dashboard camera captured the event, which happens out of view.

WATCH POLICE DASH CAM VIDEO BELOW

Austin cop Thomas Griffin is heard shouting "Get your dog!" barely a second before firing a single fatal shot at Michael Paxton's Blue Heeler, Cisco, on Saturday afternoon.

"What are you doing? What did you shoot my dog for," Paxton is heared yelling hysterically. "I live here!"

"Oh my ? , I can't believe you just killed my dog," he says. "I need to get him to the vet. What are you doing here?"

Griffin explains to Paxton he's been called about a disturbance. However, as it turned out, he was at the wrong house.

Paxton's neighbors were fighting and later told the Digital Texan they were the ones Griffin was meant to see.

The 21-minute recording also captured Griffin and Paxton arguing about what happened after two other officers, one of them Griffin's supervisor, show up at the scene.

Griffin is heard saying the dog lunged at him. Paxton disagrees, and says the dog just ran toward him.

"My best friend," Paxton fumes. "You killed my f---ing best friend."

The sad tale became national news after Paxton, 40, launched a Facebook page, "Justice for Cisco."

The page had more than 65,000 "likes" Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday, Austin police chief Art Acevedo called in to a local radio show while Paxton was on the air to apologize.

"I know the pain's real. We all love our pets," Acevedo said on KLBJ's "Dudley and Bob Morning Show."

"My heart goes out to him. I think if you ask everybody in the department, believe it or not, we're animal lovers, just like everybody else," he added.

Acevedo also suggested Griffin and Paxton should get together to bury the hatchet.

Paxton told the chief he appreciated the apology.

"To hear that from you, it does mean a lot to me," he said.

Acevedo said an investigation into the shooting was underway - standard practice whenever an officer fires his gun.

Austin police policy says an officer can use deadly force against an animal if it "appears to pose an imminent threat" to the officer's safety, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Throughout the ordeal, Paxton has said he's not "out to badmouth" Austin police, according to the blog Austinist, and posted a message on his Facebook page slamming commenters who insulted cops.

Several listeners who called into the radio show after the apology said Griffin should be punished.

image.jpg
Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo

image.jpg
Michael Paxton created a Facebook page called "Justice for Cisco."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUzpNDSLHPY

Source: NY Daily News x TH

Comments