how trill would this have been? (? of War alternate ending)

Options
earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllGaming
 In an interview with GameTrailers.com, David Jaffe explained his story to ? of War III. The first cutscene featured Oceanus in his water form killing Hermes, similar to Poseidon’s ? form. He then said that Kratos would fight Zeus in the opening boss fight and ? him. Then a portal opened from Mt. Olympus and released the Egyptian and Norse Gods. The Titans and the Greek, Egyptian, and Norse Gods start to wage war to determine who would rule the world. Kratos also meets up with his Norse and Egyptian counterparts. They explain to Kratos that they also are trying to exact vengeance on their Gods. They both fuse their powers together to give to Kratos and aid him.

Kratos then uses the powers to teleport back and forth through Norway, Egypt, and Greece. Kratos encounters Stheno and takes her head. He then encounters the Sphinx in Egypt and uses Stheno's Head to turn it into stone. Kratos then realizes to permanently ? a ? is to get their mortals to stop believing in them. Kratos' plan was already in effect because; the Gods were focused on ruling the world and had their minds off their mortals. Thus, the mortal world was under natural disasters. The mortals stopped believing in the Gods and Kratos continued killing most of them.

Kratos killed Thor and took his hammer and also killed Ra to take his magic. Some Gods were killed by the Titans and the Egyptian and Norse Kratos counterparts, until they all were dead. Kratos and The Titans brought peace to the world once again. The Three Wise Men (The Greek, Egyptian, & Norse Kratos) headed to the North Star and the birth of the new religions. The souls of the Underworld were now free and Kratos was reunited with Lysandra and Calliope. The Titans and humans declared the three Kratos Kings of the world and the world would believe in one ? ..., although it’s unknown which monotheistic religion they followed.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best part is, if they wanted to, they could still finish the story this way.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats to advance for gaming... we just got out of the GTA/Mass Effect sex/ violence era...
    bring in some thought provoking religion and Fox News wouldnt know what to do...lol

I always knew Jaffe was a visionary... He talks a lot of ? but he knows how to tell a story and make a fun game...Most if not all developers have a hard time doing one if not both
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, interesting. I would've loved this...
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think Jaffe came up with the original concept of ? of War but the story and narrative was mostly handled by writers on Jaffe's development team. He mainly focused on the gameplay mechanics and set pieces. But yeah, theres a video of this interview on gametrailers. Its from a few months back.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No offense, but he could've pulled that off 2 million Gamefaqs posts. I read that same stuff after the first game dropped. Hell, I'm almost certain someone suggested ? of War and Kratos was the tipping point to monotheism.

"He kills every pantheon and on and on until Jesus appears with word from the one ? who gives Kratos what he wants."

If Jaffe wanted that done, he would've done it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like something that might see the light if day