Would this be appropriate attire for a job interview?

Options
Tommy Billfiger
Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Strictly Business
qwx5qp.jpg

Shirt

wit a red tie cuz red my favorite color

294gnx0.jpg

Vest

6fcydy.jpg

pants wit some cream eastland shoes and my Red and white New Yawk fitted

I need this job,its a receptionist who work there who look good im tryna bag the girl and the job at the same time

I dont wanna look like no nerd thats why Im askin is this professional business attire that will impress these crackas?

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Honestly, you do not have to overdress for an interview. A Dress shirt, your red tie, and black slacks or pants and black shoes will work fine!!
  • Zeeofafb
    Zeeofafb Members Posts: 12
    edited January 2011
    Options
    qwx5qp.jpg

Shirt

294gnx0.jpg

Vest

6fcydy.jpg

I need this job,its a receptionist who work there who look good im tryna bag the girl and the job at the same time

I dont wanna look like no nerd thats why Im askin is this professional business attire that will impress these crackas?

This attire should be fine. It would be likely be considered business casual as opposed to business professional. The type of work you are doing would determine whether you'd want to wear something business professional (typically a black or blue suit, white dress shirt, your choice of tie color). I've worked in a corporate setting before and I'm not very fond of it but nonetheless there are certain standards. If you provide more details of the nature of your work, I believe it could help us give you a better answer. Hope this helps anyway.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    qwx5qp.jpg

Shirt

294gnx0.jpg

Vest

6fcydy.jpg

I would say lose the fitted. You wanna have a good impression for the interview. After you get the job then you can go to work everyday rockin the fitted. I would also say hold off from trying to ? the same chick you might be working with. Especially at the time of your interview, because obviously she knows you don't have a job right now, so her opinion of you will be different then if you were already working there. Just go in on some professional ? not even thinking bout the ? . But once you in there make your move, and tell her you remember her from your interview and she would like that better.
  • coffeechaser311
    coffeechaser311 Members Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nice One!

Aside from choosing the simple, decent and appropriate attire, take this practical tips on how to make that job interview work to your advantage:

Be there on time. A late applicant sends out the impression of a lazy, inconsiderate and unprofessional worker.

Do research about the company and the job. Do your homework even before submitting your resume to the company.

Exude confidence. Being nervous is understandable but there’s no need to make it obvious.

Be nice to the receptionist. Keep in mind that you are being assessed the moment you stepped in the office.

Pose a sensible question. In a job interview, you will be asked if you have questions.

Tell something impressive and true. Be sure to share an accomplishment that you have recently done and,

Don’t Slack. Different interviewers have varying styles in conducting job interviews.
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    idk about those white pants.

black and white usually go well while presenting yourself. maybe a fitted v neck sweater would be nice, make sure your dress shirt is spread collar and use a double windsor knot for your tie, its fatter and more triangular. nice fitted black or dark grey dress pants, fresh cut, some cologne. Walk in there with a pen. and yes have 2 or 3 questions ready for you to ask once the interview is coming to an end.

good luck!
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited May 2011
    Options
    are you serious son? aight go to this Professional interview dressed like that and then come back n tell us how it went, and if you bagged the shorty n the job? smh
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    U look like ur going boating dog, get some black pants and shoes and lose the vest

I wouldn't hire u looking like that
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my Red and white New Yawk fitted

cmonson.jpg
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did this ? say a fitted? Man, scrap everything except the white shirt. You should have either a grey or blue suit for interviews..and NO red ties! Your not the boss. Dress shoes be black and polished.