Wii U Details Revealed By Leaked Trailer

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllGaming
Wii U Details Revealed By Leaked Rayman Trailer
Rayman Legends trailer shows off all sorts of stuff we're not supposed to know.
UK, April 27, 2012

by Keza MacDonald

A leaked trailer for Rayman Legends on Wii U shows details of the console's functionality, including touch control, graphics and near-field communication capabilities.

The trailer, which originally went up on YouTube, has since been pulled - luckily, we grabbed a copy, which you can see below. As well as confirming the game's existence, it also shows off some really cool Wii U features.

The first half of the trailer shows of gameplay footage which indicates (superficially at least) that the Wii U is at least up to the graphical standards of PS3 and 360, and demonstrates players using a combination of tablets and Wii remotes to control the game in different ways, using a combination of touch and button control.

The second half of the trailer, though, shows that the Wii U can react to objects places on the tablet screen - rather like how Activision's Skylanders figures interact with the game. It shows a player placing a plastic heart on the tablet screen, which translates into an in-game power-up, and magicking a Rabbid into the game with another figurine. At the end, most excitingly, it teases an Ezio figurine.

These are things that Nintendo presumably won't want us to know before E3, when we'll be given a full introduction to the new console.

UPDATE:A note on the wired controllers: Wii U dev kits are currently wired to their tablets, as evidenced at E3 last year, but this will not be the case with the final product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzNuzRuZL8

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? they are SO ruining E3 for their fans!!!!!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ubisoft has released the following statement:

"An internal video showing images of Rayman Origins' sequel has leaked over the Internet. This video was intended as a purely internal demonstrative video, and in NO way represents the final game, the final console or their features. This video was destined for internal production teams who often create game prototypes with work in progress development kits. Ubisoft confirms the development of Rayman Legends handled by Michel Ancel and his team in Montpellier."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223893p1.html
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the controller looks cool to break up weed on.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to leak when we all know that all they will develop are tons of Mario games.I just want to see footage of an HD Zelda finally.I could careless about their new gimmick controller or anything else as Nintendo is very predictable software wise.So it will be as powerful as the PS3/360 possibly? ROFL what happened to fanboys saying that it would be more powerful? I hope they support this console better than they did the Wii.What is even releasing on the Wii this year?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    I'm a sucker for good 2d platformers, and I can't lie this looks dope.
    Sion. wrote: »
    Maaaan tell Nintendo to fix their wack ass online and I might cop this......
    One can only hope that they actually opt for a functional online infrastructure this time around. If they don't have that, then they'll be alienating 3rd parties just as much as before, but that's another story.