Why the hell would anyone be a Chicago Cubs fan?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
(Unless they're from the Northside) They are perpetual failures. You have a perfectly viable Chicago White Sox club who actually won a championship in the past 100 years. I've been told by a Cubs fan say that it's not about wins and losses, but because Cubs simply play "good fundamental baseball".

True, their stadium is a Chicago landmark unlike the Sox's, and for some reason theyhave higher attendance and have more games aired on TV, but they're LOSERS.

Saying you prefer the Cubs to the Sox is like saying you prefer the Clippers to the Lakers pre-Chris Paul.

Comments

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs don't even play "good fundamental baseball", and whoever told you that is a liar, B.
    They're a prestigious franchise, but for the wrong reasons.
    They're basically the polar-opposite of the New York Yankees.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As a White Sox fan, Couldn't say it better myself. Only redeeming quality about the Cubs is Wrigley Field and Wrigleyville. Wrigley field is nice to look at, but the concourses a ? terrible and falling apart. I think the main reason why more people are Cubs from the Chicagoland area, is because of Wrigleyville is a party spot for the most part.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there,” “People aren’t watching the game. It’s not serious. White Sox, that’s baseball.”-Obama (GOAT)

barack-obama-white-sox.jpg
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    As a White Sox fan, Couldn't say it better myself. Only redeeming quality about the Cubs is Wrigley Field and Wrigleyville. Wrigley field is nice to look out, but the concourses a ? terrible and falling apart. I think the main reason why more people are Cubs from the Chicagoland area, is because of Wrigleyville is a party spot for the most part.
    They definitely get it cracking in Wrigleyville

• birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk, the worst part about being a cubs fan is all the homos that live in/next to wrigleyville. you make one wrong turn and next thing you know dudes are whistling at you from their apartment balconies. no ? .

but if you stay in the right areas, the cubs have the goat snow bunnies (white sox do have the bad spanish girls on lock though)
  • twizza 77
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^Yeah, last time we went there, we had to park in Boys Town. which actually isn't a bad idea because of the traffic. That Barcardi at the Park ain't bad, they had some chicks in there.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    the cubs remind me of the Mets
  • twizza 77
    Options
    Typical Cubs fans celebrating getting into the playoffs. But @1:20 Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LU_KM17LFE
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I caught a Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley last summer and it was great. Atmosphere was mad laid back and erebody was just drinking and mingling.
  • Jdilla26
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I will never 4get this guy Steve Bartman they actually blamed him the past few years about the not making it to the world series until recently when Alou said he had no chance to catch that ball.SMH ? up what he had to go through that nicca was recieving death threats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoumAUfwnI8
    bartman.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    I will never 4get this guy Steve Bartman they actually blamed him the past few years about the not making it to the world series until recently when Alou said he had no chance to catch that ball.SMH ? up what he had to go through that nicca was recieving death threats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoumAUfwnI8
    bartman.jpg

i remember this ? ? wanted his head
  • soul rattler
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Alou initially reacted like he would've caught the ball. He put Bartman in that position. Cubs suck.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reason the Cell get a bad rap is because it use to be in the hood. But the projects are gone and they hooked 35th up. But I cant front Cub fans got those snowbunnies on lock. Wrigleyville on a Saturday night after a Cubs game the ? .
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Cell has some of the best sightlines out of any park in baseball and the food is better than at Wrigley
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I can't get with that "Cell" ? . It's always going to be Comisky Park to me. And that ? is still in the hood LOL as soon as you cross the Dan Ryan? ? .
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the real Comiskey Park lasted 80 years and was across the street.. that was the real Comiskey Park i was taken to as a kid so for me and a lot of older Sox fans we call the new park the Cell since it sounds better than New Comiskey Park or Comiskey Park II.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    North side= good
    Sout side= bad
    That's what it all boils down to. And ? them ? ass Cubs fans, ?
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you become a Mets fan if you live in NY(but not in LI or Queens)?
    Why would you become a Nets fan, when the Knicks are a more viable team to root for?
    Why would you become a Clippers fan(before Blake and CP3) in LA?

I get what you're saying OP, but many become fans of teams/players for different reasons. Some do it, because that team wins a lot, while others do it because they was they were put on to the team by a family member.
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    Cubs have fans all over the country not just chicago they are the Loveable Losers
    This commercial had me laughing b/c this probably wont happen in my lifetime
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVGAfA15U1I
    gravestone.jpg
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey 35th not as bad as it use to be LOL. But them white folks do be scared as ? on the Redline once they pass China Town though.