George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks

Options
MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Social Lounge
April 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks - ThatHustle.com
image.jpg

George Zimmerman appears for a bond hearing with his attorney Mark O'Mara earlier this month.

George Zimmerman's amateurish website was only online for two weeks, but it collected a staggering $200,000 in donations, his lawyer said Thursday.

Zimmerman launched the site on April 9, two days before he was arrested and charged with murder for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black Florida teenager.

On the site, he portrayed himself as a victim of racial politics and asked “my supporters” to send funds for his living and legal expenses.

“In talking to George after I was trying to shut down his full Internet presence, he asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts,” Zimmerman lawyer Mark O’Mara told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I asked him what he was talking about, and he said . . . there was about $204,000 that had come in to date.”

Source: NY Daily News

April 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks - ThatHustle.com

Comments

• lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just goes to show you that fools and their money are soon parted
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? will be equally as dumb donating to the panthers.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    ? will be equally as dumb donating to the panthers.

Yeah right.

All of this money will go to his attorney and the Martin's after they win the civil case.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And kids are starving, while no cure for cancer or ? . What a ? up society, the ? people value never baffles me.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    And kids are starving, while no cure for cancer or ? . What a ? up society, the ? people value never baffles me.

YEAH! this society is really ? up & people like you make it seem like it's our responsibility to make it a better place - you bleeding hearts liberals never cease to amaze/and confuse the ? out logical thinkers. You must be one of them collective salvation pundit type (s).

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    GSonII wrote: »

YEAH! this society is really ? up & people like you make it seem like it's our responsibility to make it a better place - you bleeding hearts liberals never cease to amaze/and confuse the ? out logical thinkers. You must be one of them collective salvation pundit type (s).
    You all off topic, took the comment out of context and all kinds of ? lol. Nobody has a responsibility to donate money towards any cause, but if they were it should probably be a more legitimate cause than this.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Wow, really? People are so screwed up. No one has money right now and you give it to HIM?