Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police

Options
MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Social Lounge
April 22 - Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police - ThatHustle.com
image.jpg

Police believe this dog, a golden retriever-Labrador mix named Lucky, mauled and killed a 2-month-old child baby while the child’s father was asleep in another room.

Authorities say a dog mauled and killed a 2-month old child in this South Carolina home.

A supposedly "gentle" pooch named Lucky is suspected of killing a 2-month-old baby and tearing the child's body apart in South Carolina.

Aiden McGrew, who was born on Valentine's Day and was the youngest of three children, was found dead in his family's mobile home Friday in Ridgeville by his mother, according to The Post and Courier newspaper.

The baby was in a swing when Lucky, a golden retriever-Labrador mix, bit the child several times and tore off his legs, authorities said.

The child's father, Quintin, was in the home at the time, police said. He was in another room asleep with the family's 3-year-old and their other dog.

The baby was discovered when his mother, Chantel, came home after taking their seven-year-old to a doctor's appointment, The Post and Courier reported.

"This... is about as bad as it can get for us as police officers," Dorchester County Sheriff L.C. Knight said at a press conference Friday. "I've been doing this a lot of years and haven't seen one like this."

It is unclear why the father did not wake up when the baby was attacked, police said. The mother told 911 at the time that her husband was still asleep when she got home.

Shirley Pargiello, 70, a next-door neighbor to the McGrew family, told The Post and Courier that Lucky was "a very gentle dog."

"It's a beautiful dog," she said. "I went over to say hi one day, and he came right up to me and stopped. I rubbed his head, then he left.”

No charges have been filed in the case, which police said was still "under investigation."

Source: NY Daily News

April 22 - Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police - ThatHustle.com

Comments