I want kids and I'm in my early twenties

2»

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I hear you, but you need to start from the bottom and work your way up. First, you have to find a girl that is worthy of your seed, then start looking at the finance part of things, and move on from there.

The only thing that has stopped me from settling down is my career and long-term goals. If it wasn't for those, I would be on the same page you are on right now.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. But be prepared to take care of them. If clubs and parties not your thing then you have no problem
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kids are demanding. If you don't have the time, money, or energy to spend it with them then it's pointless. Is this a tactic for when you meet your life partner one of y'all will come in with a kid you can call your own type ? ?
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the point where i want a son, but don't want the responsibility of taking care of him.
  • Desi_416
    Desi_416 Members Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    Wait it out ? , I'm 26 and have a 2 year old son (almost 2) having my son is the biggest blessing I have ever recieved but it came with a price, your social life changes drastically, career slows down a bit, a child can be taxing on a young relationship, your financial freedom changes.....life completely changes, there are times I wish I had waited longer, but like I said he is the biggest blessing i have ever recieved, the good outweighs the bad but not everyone can see that.

Finish school if u haven't already, start making a good income, get a house something u can call ure own, not a place u pay someone else's mortgage, find the right woman and then make that decision, just my 2 cents
  • The Prodigalson
    I'm at the point where i want a son, but don't want the responsibility of taking care of him.

I think they call that point you're at a dead beat.
  • king hassan

Really
  • In Your Moms Room

I'm sure my mindset will change..but that's were my mind is at right now. Like if i could see him every weekend and not pay child support, that would be great.
  • Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    You need to concentrate on you, and finding you a good woman you trust with your life that's ready to be superwoman for you and your kids. I'm 24, I ain't got kids, and they're not on my to-do list until I know I'm fully equipped and got me a star female player on my team for life.

Like Mr.Audigier216 said, use your 20s to have fun and mold yourself into the man you wanna be for your family before you try having one too early.
  • The Prodigalson
    edited April 2012

I'm sure my mindset will change..but that's were my mind is at right now. Like if i could see him every weekend and not pay child support, that would be great.

So your plan is only to be a weekend father? Yeah, you seems like your admitting you want to be on child support. Well at least you might get your food stamp/ EBT money value upped.
  • In Your Moms Room
    edited April 2012

So your plan is only to be a weekend father? Yeah, you seems like your admitting you want to be on child support. Well at least you met get your food stamp/ EBT money value upped.

That's not exactly my plan. But right right now, that's what i'd be cool with.
  • king hassan
    His son will be a ?
  • In Your Moms Room

So your plan is only to be a weekend father? Yeah, you seems like your admitting you want to be on child support. Well at least you met get your food stamp/ EBT money value upped.

That's not exactly my plan. But right right now, that's what i'd be cool with.

...lol ay WHAT?

u "want son when its convenient" ass ? . good luck with that!

Lol. I mean, pretty much. I'm sure it will change though.. i'm just not trying to die before i have a kid.