Why Does Everyone Hate On Drake?

Tru_Hitta
Tru_Hitta Members Posts: 615
edited April 2012 in The Reason
DRAKE FACTS
1)Signed with Young Money Entertainment in June 2009.

2)He released his first extended play So Far Gone on September 15, 2009 followed by his debut album, Thank Me Later, on June 15, 2010. Both albums combined spawned six singles that reached the Billboard Hot 100: "Best I Ever Had", "Successful", "Over", "Find Your Love", "Miss Me" and "Fancy".

3)Thank Me Later was certified Platinum by the both the Canadian Recording Industry Association and the Recording Industry Association of America.

4)His second studio album, Take Care, was released the following year and spawned four consecutive US chart hits including "Headlines", "Make Me Proud", "The Motto", and "Take Care". The album was certified Platinum in both the US and Canada within a month of release.

Ranked #3 Hottest MC by MTV (2009)
MTV's Hottest Mixtape of The Year for "So Far Gone" (2009)
Complex's #3 Best Albums of 2009 for "So Far Gone"
Complex's #5 Best Mixtape Album of The Decade for "So Far Gone" (2009)
Ranked #4 Hottest MC by MTV (2010)
GQ Man of The Year (2010)
Named #4 Man of The Year by MTV (2010)
Thank Me Later #6 Top-Selling Album Of 2010 on iTunes
"Thank Me Later" ranked #5 on Top TIME LP List (2010)
"Thank Me Later" A #1 album at one point during 2010.
"Thank Me Later" ranked 7th in Rolling Stone Magazine which was ahead of Eminem's "Recovery" and Taylor Swift's "Speak Now." (Only Rock CD's were higher in rank.)
Nominated for 68 Awards in 1 year.
Take Care #8 Top-Selling Album of 2011 on iTunes[45]
Ranked #2 Hottest MC by MTV (2012)
Has Won 27 Awards Over All

So My Question Is If This Man Has Accomplished This Much Why Do People Still Bash Him Like He Aint Killing ? Right Now?

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *notices t/s doesn't mention anything about quality music*

for me, i didn't like Take Care, and his actions kinda annoy me. And he makes himself a target for ridicule anyway
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soft, light skinned, ? , bitchmade i will think of more ? later
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    ? sucks plain and simple.

root canal>>>>>>>>>>drake
    yung bergs L's>>>>>>>>>>>>>drake
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Nothing you said should make people stop "hating" on drake. Do I THINK drake is a very good artist, yes. But that doesn't have ? to do with record sales, how high he is on the MTV TOP MC'S, or the amount of awards he's been nominated for. Wayne is in the same boat and he hasn't been ? since CII.... I always want to ask people like the t/s how much money do you make off of the artists sales that keeps you talking about that ? all year long.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudes have a problem with his image, more then his music. Which is ? imo.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does all those things mean that people are suppose to like him?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drake is a predictable artist. Everything he puts out sounds the same and too original.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Drake is a predictable artist. Everything he puts out sounds the same and too original.

lmao. Singles, maybe. But albums? Hell no, you can't name me more than a couple songs on his album that followed the same formula....
  • Tru_Hitta
    _Menace_ wrote: »

re-read what you just said sounds the same but too original
  • KushBlunts
    KushBlunts Members Posts: 28
    He's wack. Anyone with good taste in hip-hop pays him no attention

What exactly is "good taste i hip hop?" Elaborate please.
  • Tru_Hitta

for me, i didn't like Take Care, and his actions kinda annoy me. And he makes himself a target for ridicule anyway

did you not see the songs that all hit number one on top 100 billboard...that doesnt count as quality music?
  • Tru_Hitta

did you not see the songs that all hit number one on top 100 billboard...that doesnt count as quality music?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Hitta wrote: »

Do you know how the Billboard Charts work? Not Afraid Debuted at 1 and was terrible
  • KushBlunts
    KushBlunts Members Posts: 28
    Haters gonna hate man. My ? Drake makes good music with a different style then what we've seen before him.

And he's not contributing to the "all rappers gotta be gangster" mentality that has our youth out here killing eachother so he's good in my books. These old ? just looking for the next NWA and they mad at Young Money lol.
  • Tru_Hitta

hit's don't equal quality music ? word to lil wayne....

sir keep your feelings in your pocket calling me a ? wont change anything and your telling me 6 songs from one album all hitting number 1 on billboards doesnt make the album quality music thats like half the album right there?

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tru_Hitta

Do you know how the Billboard Charts work? Not Afraid Debuted at 1 and was terrible

In your opinion it sucked and im not gonna lie i hated the song to but you gotta take into account how many people fck with Em so im not suprised it hit number one also you have to take into account all the fans just because you dont like a song or album doesnt mean someone else doesnt or makes it garbage cause at the end of the day The Number Of Drake Fans>>>>>>Against The Number Of Drake Haters(Most Of I.C) is a losing battle&i judge artist off of facts not my personal feelings everything above was a fact not my personal feeling yes drake does simp ? but doesnt change the fact his a great artist point blank period
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deadprezadentz
    deadprezadentz Members Posts: 106
    He's ? or his action is...thatz y i dont eff withem...dont like his flow, subject matter, etc. Probably would respect him more if he did straight R&B & drop a rap every now & then
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    i couldnt stand Drake at first until i heard Uptown and Ransom plus watched a Degrassi marathon
    then i realised dude sounds like Kanye and can spit plus he was really young
    dude might be looked back on as one of the best in 10 years
  • Tru_Hitta
    KushBlunts wrote: »
    He's wack. Anyone with good taste in hip-hop pays him no attention

What exactly is "good taste i hip hop?" Elaborate please.

It simply means you listen good rappers and not listen to rappers just because their popular.

Aint this coming from and I.C.P fan come on man you have no right to talk about good taste in music
  • Tru_Hitta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPkD1RaMq8

This ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>drake

your feelings are showing
  • StillFaggyAF

In your opinion it sucked and im not gonna lie i hated the song to but you gotta take into account how many people fck with Em so im not suprised it hit number one also you have to take into account all the fans just because you dont like a song or album doesnt mean someone else doesnt or makes it garbage cause at the end of the day The Number Of Drake Fans>>>>>>Against The Number Of Drake Haters(Most Of I.C) is a losing battle&i judge artist off of facts not my personal feelings everything above was a fact not my personal feeling yes drake does simp ? but doesnt change the fact his a great artist point blank period

So People have to like every successful artist? I judge artists off quality non quantity. You ask why people hate Drake but all you mention is his commercial accolades
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPkD1RaMq8

This ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>drake

your feelings are showing

lmao my feelings are showing? You are capping for a man who got punked by a tattoo artist and my feelings are showing? FOH