Agree or disagree Rappers should try to keep RnB Singers feature for Hooks as minimal as possible

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    As long as it's a dope song, it doesn't matter. Sometimes a singer enhances the song. Nas is my favorite rapper and he's done a lot of dope even classic collabos with R&B singers:

Nas feat. R. Kelly- Street Dreams Remix
    Nas feat. Lauryn Hill- If I Ruled The World
    Nas feat. Ron Isley- Project Windows

^^^Classics

Nas feat. Aaliyah- You Won't See Me Tonight
    Nas feat. Alicia Keys- Warrior Song
    Nas feat. Chrisette Michele- Can't Forget About You
    Nas feat. Chrisette Michele- Still Dreamin
    Nas feat. Trey Williams- Let There Be Light
    Nas feat. Keri Hilson- Hero
    Nas feat. Marsha Ambrosius- If I Ruled The World '09

^^^ Dope

most of these new rappers are singing their hooks and its sounds awful. imagine Big Sean singing My Last or Wale singing That Way (dope songs btw) not everyone can be like BTNH

Cosign.

But it's not like more than a few Rappers atleast since the 2000 era till present haven't actually had success Singing or Harmonizing the Hooks themself if we talking Hit records or succesful Albums. Eminem, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Whiz Khalifa, Drake, 50 Cent, T.I. just to name a few.

So when those Rappers actually Sing or Harmonize their Hooks and gain success while doing it do you feel it makes those like Rick Ross, Jay, Nas, Snoop most Rappers really who just pay Singers to feature and do their Hooks look bad? look like they taking the most easy route?

It would be 1 thing if all these Rappers Harmonizing and Singing where failing at it like the Singlers they were doing it on were flopping or the Albums they were doing it on weren't selling all that much. But for so many Rappers who do it to maintain a high level of success while Harmonizing and Singing would you not say it does make those look bad atleast in this climate that take the easy route and pay others to do the Hooks on their Songs?

I don't think it's taking the "easy route" by recruiting a singer for a song because i'm more concerned in how the overall song sounds.

It requires just as much effort, if not more to put together a great song with an R&B feature than a rapper to harmonize the hook themselves...that's why I don't think enlisting a R&B singer isn't creative.

...and there are plenty of songs where the singer outshines the rapper as well as songs that the song overall sounds bad, even with an R&B singer.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont give a ? if every song got an rnb singer or whoever on the hook ...as long as the songs are good .....quality>semantics
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote: »
    the way people are talking in this thread makes me wonder if all of you seem to think every chorus needs to be sang (by a singer or the rapper themselves). its not like a chorus cant just be a good mini-verse type thing. i like those best.

but totally on topic, it is wack as ? to have a ton of features, especially for just hooks.. it shows lack of real artistry. it'd be like a painter doing 2/3 of their painting and letting someone else finish it.
    "21 Questions" (featuring Nate Dogg)
    "Thug Love" (featuring Destiny's Child)
    "Candy Shop" (featuring Olivia)
    "Build You Up" (featuring Jamie Foxx)
    "So Amazing" (featuring Olivia)
    "I'll Still ? " (featuring Akon)
    "Ayo Technology" (featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
    "Follow My Lead" (featuring Robin Thicke)
    "Fire" (featuring Young Buck & Nicole Scherzinger)
    "All of Me" (featuring Mary J. Blige)
    "Baby by Me" (featuring Ne-Yo)
    "Could've Been You" (featuring R. Kelly)
    "Girls Go Wild" (featuring Jeremih)

4 albums released. 1 shelved. and 1 on the way (maybe) and these are all the tracks that feature someone on the hook, there could be more but I just went with the ones that I assumed were on the hooks. I guess he has a lack of real artistry
  • DiplomatsCam
    DiplomatsCam Members Posts: 159
    riddlerap ignore that wigga and lame white boy he a troll and has a crush on Jay Z forget that ? .
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the way people are talking in this thread makes me wonder if all of you seem to think every chorus needs to be sang (by a singer or the rapper themselves). its not like a chorus cant just be a good mini-verse type thing. i like those best.

but totally on topic, it is wack as ? to have a ton of features, especially for just hooks.. it shows lack of real artistry. it'd be like a painter doing 2/3 of their painting and letting someone else finish it.

4 albums released. 1 shelved. and 1 on the way (maybe) and these are all the tracks that feature someone on the hook, there could be more but I just went with the ones that I assumed were on the hooks. I guess he has a lack of real artistry

you know.. except for the fact 50 is known for his hooks. but good one.
  • DarthRozay
    riddlerap ignore that wigga and lame white boy he a troll and has a crush on Jay Z forget that ? .

says the hoe who constantly ? me pics of herself. stop it shady, wipe your nose off we can see the coke.
  • DarthRozay

you know.. except for the fact 50 is known for his hooks. but good one.

oh you're right. he just had all those singers on his album to sing verses. silly me
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the artist. I could listen to marsha ambrocious (? trying to spell her name correctly) all day on hooks.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the artist. I could listen to marsha ambrocious (? trying to spell her name correctly) all day on hooks.

Lol, it's Marsha Ambrosius King Drew. Cosign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsU8O1-sGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR-Rn-Pst2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwsXEdlJqQ
  • DiplomatsCam
    As long as you a wigga and look like you do you forever a pu$$y hiphopisalive. I think it's ya mother that takes coke mate. You a disgrace to white people
  • DarthRozay
    As long as you a wigga and look like you do you forever a pu$$y hiphopisalive. I think it's ya mother that takes coke mate. You a disgrace to white people

Mitt-Romney-Laughing.gif

go get your fix
    [img]http://s2.favim.com/orig/28/black-and-white-? -gif-hand-money-Favim.com-232709.gif[/img]

but be careful cause
    [img]http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2011/83686-? %20is%20hell%20of%20a%20drug.gif[/img]
  • DiplomatsCam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ppq5soU-U

Wiggaz like hiphopisalive ashamed to be white so d!ckride wack Rappers like Jay Z

Ya mum takes ? fam
  • DiplomatsCam
    Cain Marko wrote: »

says the hoe who constantly ? me pics of herself. stop it shady, wipe your nose off we can see the coke.

What???

Lol anyway hook singing should be done by actual singers IMO.

Ya Music taste sucks though.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Your old and look like you get no pu$$y no wonder you listen to boring wack Music

You a grandad on a message board what a loser
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

damn you too?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ shadyteam getting around on the IC
  • DarthRozay

Wiggaz like hiphopisalive ashamed to be white so d!ckride wack Rappers like Jay Z

Ya mum takes ? fam
    You just made you can't get a white guy to give you some ? . It's obviously your fantasy since you fantasize about eminem constantly. Just face it, white guys will never like you cause you stink like curry and your father will have us beheaded and ran over by elephants for 1000 rupees.

Let me dance out this ? to some bhangra
    694352_o.gif
  • DiplomatsCam
    Your an insomniac lunatic who makes 12 threads a day about a lifestyle you have know idea about. Also my vaginal getting escapades are quite good but thats not something to discuss in The Reason.

I know more than you since i actually got family in the pen. You ain't been to my City you live in Carolina for ? sake hardly rough and known.

I never liked you you just seem too nerdy and a square
  • DiplomatsCam

Ya mum takes ? fam
    You just made you can't get a white guy to give you some ? . It's obviously your fantasy since you fantasize about eminem constantly. Just face it, white guys will never like you cause you stink like curry and your father will have us beheaded and ran over by elephants for 1000 rupees.

694352_o.gif

You live in a Trailor and smell like a dog, small d!ck white boy with pig skin.
  • DarthRozay

Ya mum takes ? fam

694352_o.gif

You live in a Trailor and smell like a dog, small d!ck white boy with pig skin.

I've never lived in a trailor in my life.

ReggieShrug.gif

what do you live in?

Brazillian%20Indian%20shack%20w%20frame.jpg

*Indian accent* Oh ? ! You are living big now shadyteam! All the men in your village will be trying to sell goats, and cows and chickens to your father just so they can marry you!
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the tracks are hot, who cares how much they collab
  • DarthRozay
    Your an insomniac lunatic who makes 12 threads a day about a lifestyle you have know idea about. Also my vaginal getting escapades are quite good but thats not something to discuss in The Reason.

I know more than you since i actually got family in the pen. You ain't been to my City you live in Carolina for ? sake hardly rough and known.

Lmao..........this cant be real life.

she meant in the pig pen

iStock_000012327217Small.jpg
  • DiplomatsCam

Edinburgh House, 155 Maida Vale, London, W9 1Q2

Come through if ya bad
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Especially these gimmicky singers like Rihanna. Sometimes, you don't need to have a singing hook, just some good repetition of words that knocks with the beat.
  • DarthRozay

Edinburgh House, 155 Maida Vale, London, W9 1Q2

Come through if ya bad

Edinburgh? but you're in london? that ? dont make sense!