Think Like a Man-Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the same actors in all Black Cast getting the work. Also if I had to be honest, "Think Like a Man" was nothing more than "Two can play that game" the sequel. But it was still entertaining.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, and it was relatable because Micheal Ealy was kinda like who I was and Taraji P Henson had the same mentality my girl has.

But I mean dont think of it just as a typical black movie because its really not. No cooning, no shucking and jiving, just a regular movie with some black guys and girls, a white dude, and a Latino who are looking just for relationships,sex,and even divorce lol

I'm not even saying see it to support our people, I'm just saying to see it because its a good movie.
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Movie was good in my opinion. As was previously said, no cooning or typical "black" ? going on. Kevin Hart stole the ? show, that dude has mad talent when it comes to comedy. There were quite a few hollywood moment buts I expected that from a movie. Michael Eely (sp?) is underrated I think but everyone did their thing. The premise of the story/book is weak to me but the movie was good. I didn't feel like I wasted my money.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    i was ready to throw my nachos at the screen when the girls got mad at their boyfriends...

so its cool for yall to use tricks from the book but, its WWIII when they did it back to yall?

p.s. Megan Goode was looking scrumptious. Id lick chocolate syrup off her toes breh. Kevin Hart a funny ass ? too.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool movie.Bad advice to ? .So Harvey says nagging and holding out on ass is the secret.? been doing that
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read some of his book and for the most part he seems to be on point. Although he's been married three times so I don't think he's got much room to talk. Whatever..aside from the book the movie was just plain funny. Kevin Hart pretty much carried it. Only thing I would say is it's not realistic, but who cares? I don't think Steve, the writers, or the directors intended it to be taken too seriously anyway. It's all in good fun. 6/10.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Like a Man remains No. 1 as newcomers underperform.
    April 29, 2012

by Jim Vejvoda

This weekend's crop of new releases -- including The Raven, The Five-Year Engagement, The Pirates! Band of Misfits and Safe -- all underperformed at the box office, leading to last weekend's top film, Think Like a Man, to repeat as No. 1.

Here are the weekend estimates via Rentrak:

- Relativity Media

1. Think Like A Man $18,000,000

2. Pirates! The Band of Misfits $11,400,000

3. The Lucky One $11,325,000

4. The Hunger Games $11,250,000

5. The Five-Year Engagement $11,156,800

6. Safe $7,720,000

7. The Raven $7,250,000

8. Chimpanzee $5,460,000

9. The Three Stooges $5,400,000

10. The Cabin in the Woods $4,500,000
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Saw it yesterday. Thumbs up for me. I think it avoids a lot of "black movie" trappings without running away from them. It can feel like one, big long commercial for Steve Harvey at times, but its fine. Definitely worth a watch.