Wrist pain when I do pushups....

Options
DEE-LICIOUS
DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Weight Room
Does anyone else experience this? Does anyone have any remedies? Should I put some cushioning down for my hands when I do pushups or something? Its only my left wrist....it literally stops me from doing them because it hurts like hell....

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try using dumbells if you have them takes a little pressure off the wrist.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If I do them on the floor, sometimes it helps to do push-ups on my fists. This way the wrist isn't bent.

I use the Perfect Push-up and it worked to solve my wrist issues b/c it rotates. You can get it @ Target.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just get some push up bars Dee. ALL of your wrist problems WILL be solved. With push ups bars you DO NOT have to bend your wrists at all.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try giving more handjobs
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys! I'm gonna go to target and see wassup with these push up bars yall are talking about. I was attempting to start P90x last night and those pushups had me just dying. I can push through the pain of like...me not being able to do many push ups, but I cant push through that wrist pain lol.

I need to buy a pull up bar as well. Hmm...imma go back in that p90x thread to put my other questions about this...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Everlast....hmmm

Imma use the chair to do pullups. I hope I can do like....2 at least lmao imma look on amazon.

Well, since im in here- fuggit. Have u done P90x Jamel? Im tryna make sure I have whatever it is I need b4 I start that ? again. I had to stop because I couldnt do the pullups. I just wanna know what other equipment I might need....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited March 2010
    Options
    word the dumbells are fine...cause im only goin up to 8 pounds. Im weak as hell. I already have 8 pound weights. Chin Up bar....is that different than a pull up bar? dont laugh at that question plz :(

I might need to take a while to compile my arsenol of workout gear for this thing. Imma start the first monday in May cause I see Imma need more strength than I currently have, to get through that whole thing.

Thanks for the tips Jamel!! That pull up bar looks like it could be for a couple different things....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *smh at me seein the pic and thinkin "but that's a pull up bar" lol.

it's happened to me before DEE, but only when I'd OD on push-ups. I'll alternate reps of push-ups, between regular and diamond. sometimes I swap'em out, just goofin off. anyway, when I OD on regular push-ups, I get that same pain.

doin'em on your fists like dude said above works for me as well, but I do less. usually tho, since I was already OD'in, I'd just lay off push-ups for like 2 days or so, then start regular reps again. I haven't tried a push up bar yet.
    I got mine from walmart. Like 8 bucks. You getter a way better range of motion with the push up bars, up to 6 more inches, since you start higher off the ground :tu
    pushupbars.jpg
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *smh at me seein the pic and thinkin "but that's a pull up bar" lol.

it's happened to me before DEE, but only when I'd OD on push-ups. I'll alternate reps of push-ups, between regular and diamond. sometimes I swap'em out, just goofin off. anyway, when I OD on regular push-ups, I get that same pain.

doin'em on your fists like dude said above works for me as well, but I do less. usually tho, since I was already OD'in, I'd just lay off push-ups for like 2 days or so, then start regular reps again. I haven't tried a push up bar yet.

oh man....my trainer makes me do diamond pushups while going down the line through this damn rope ladder thing. I cant even explain it. I hate it though. But yea this happens to me as SOON as I start doing push ups....and this has been for at least a year. It's just to the point where I cant do them at all, the pain is too much. Imma try this push up bar thing though for real....I'm willing to try anything to help me reach my goals.

Jamel- why would someone use that as a push up bar if it has to be attached to the door/wall as a pull up bar though? Or is that the type that is easily dismanteled? Whatever pull up bar I end up getting it gonna stay up on my door until I move lol
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thinking about getting this for the p90x stuff...you might find it useful too Dee

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-3-in-1-Fitness-Kit/10850154

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh man....my trainer makes me do diamond pushups while going down the line through this damn rope ladder thing. I cant even explain it. I hate it though. But yea this happens to me as SOON as I start doing push ups....and this has been for at least a year. It's just to the point where I cant do them at all, the pain is too much. Imma try this push up bar thing though for real....I'm willing to try anything to help me reach my goals.

Jamel- why would someone use that as a push up bar if it has to be attached to the door/wall as a pull up bar though? Or is that the type that is easily dismanteled? Whatever pull up bar I end up getting it gonna stay up on my door until I move lol

You put it on the ground. You see the small horizontal bar across the top. It has 2 J shaped attachments to it. If you position it with those 2 Js sitting up you can do pushup on it.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited March 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    thinking about getting this for the p90x stuff...you might find it useful too Dee

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-3-in-1-Fitness-Kit/10850154

Thanks Ms! I might buy it.....it's the same price on Amazon but has free shipping btw....imma go to walmart and see if they have it. Lemme know when u start the p90x. My homegirl just told me that I should just start using the other parts of the p90x other than the strength training part because it I won't need anything but normal cardio type equipment. Maybe I'll try that next week. We can start together :D

Thx Major Pain- I wouldnt take it down off the wall though cause I can't be bothered to keep taking it down and putting it up. I'm very lazy.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    get that perfect push up joint
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks Ms! I might buy it.....it's the same price on Amazon but has free shipping btw....imma go to walmart and see if they have it. Lemme know when u start the p90x. My homegirl just told me that I should just start using the other parts of the p90x other than the strength training part because it I won't need anything but normal cardio type equipment. Maybe I'll try that next week. We can start together :D

Thx Major Pain- I wouldnt take it down off the wall though cause I can't be bothered to keep taking it down and putting it up. I'm very lazy.

the goal is to start on monday. i'll be doing the Lean regiment so its mostly cardio anyway, but i do want to work on my upper body some, so it'll get some use...or my man will use it. and instead of buying weights ima just get some resistance bands
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

I use the Perfect Push-up and it worked to solve my wrist issues b/c it rotates. You can get it @ Target.

same here. I got mines from cvs though
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ya'll doing regular push ups or on your knees? figured there would be less pressure on your wrists while on your knees. But yeah get either a push up bar or the perfect push up and you won't have any more wrist issues.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well I was doin regular ones, but then I tried to do em on my knees to see if it would lessen the pressure and it didn't lessen it that much.