Gnawledgeable
Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Quite Comical
I'm curious why they changed his look?

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you know about comics, then you know that DC & Marvel both have alternate realities where characters from the "main" universe appear different in the alternate ones.

The black Nick Fury is from Marvel's "Ultimate" Universe.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ok............ I've always seen him as a white guy. I think David Hasslehoff played him in a movie until Sam Jackson protrayed him in the major movies.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Started in the Ultimate Universe, who was then put into movies, cartoons and ? and then they found a way to put him in the main 616 universe with the Battle Scars arc
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard when they made ultimate Nick Fury they were getting inspiration from Samuel L Jackson before he was even planned to star in movies in the future.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what happend to the white Nick Fury?
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

In the comics, nothing, but this is Hollywood; They cast and make the characters however they see fit. Remember the Avatar movie (not the blue creatures) had nothing but white people in it, yet the cartoon it was based off of had a mixed race of people.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I heard when they made ultimate Nick Fury they were getting inspiration from Samuel L Jackson before he was even planned to star in movies in the future.

true
  • I Am Him
    Options

he's still running around the Marvel U. He is probably gonna teach his son(the new black fury)the ropes.
  • I Am Him
    Options

In the comics, nothing, but this is Hollywood; They cast and make the characters however they see fit. Remember the Avatar movie (not the blue creatures) had nothing but white people in it, yet the cartoon it was based off of had a mixed race of people.

hated that movie M. Knight fell off hard , was the cartoon any good?

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White Nick Fury is in the Winter Soldier comics. Modern day and everything.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

hated that movie M. Knight fell off hard , was the cartoon any good?

The cartoon was the ? . The have a new season starring a new avatar that's going on right now.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah I read that they designed Ultimate Fury based on SLJ...Even read that they asked his permission
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good move on their part, we need more black in everything. they need to toss a few in bleach
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    he became black as soon as samual l jackson got the part ? you think