For the Horror Movie Fans

inthacut
inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBeG31fX40

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8y7YdVVTAYriBvQXamdn5ZBscVMNTEPx8v4S_xm3tX6440V8OWCOzvhIYog

Synopsis

Clyde and Stephanie Brenek see little cause for alarm when their youngest daughter Em becomes oddly obsessed with an antique wooden box she purchased at a yard sale. But as Em’s behavior becomes increasingly erratic, the couple fears the presence of a malevolent force in their midst, only to discover that the box was built to contain a dibbuk, a dislocated spirit that inhabits and ultimately devours its human host.

Ran across this Trailer this morning and it peaked my interest. The only thing that was sort of a drawback was the PG13 rating, luckily the Director has directed PG13 movies before that have come off pretty good IMO.

Y'all gonna check for this when it comes out?

and oh yea, it was directed by Sam Raimi.

EDIT: NO IT ISNT DIRECTED BY RAIMI

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam Raimi film. Has me a little more hopeful. but after the devil inside i am not a big fan of posession movies. they seem to be big let downs.
  • inthacut
    i'm going off the strength of raimi with this one as well. its ? up that when i think of a good possession movie the exorcist is still the only movie that comes to mind right off the bat.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Looks like ass to me. And this ? isnt directed by Sam Raimi, its by a guy named Ole Bornedal, I think hes known for Nightwatch, a cult foreign vampire film. You can even see his credit at the bottom at end of the trailer. I could tell it wasnt Raimi like 10 seconds in.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    It looks just a little generic, and more creepy than scary...which is cool. I want to see this.

I know it isn't directed by Raimi, but I can see the influence. It looks like 'Drag Me To Hell'...

The PG13 rating doesn't matter with this one... it's just a possession flick.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Exocist Jewish Version
  • inthacut
    stoneface wrote: »
    Looks like ass to me. And this ? isnt directed by Sam Raimi, its by a guy named Ole Bornedal, I think hes known for Nightwatch, a cult foreign vampire film. You can even see his credit at the bottom at end of the trailer. I could tell it wasnt Raimi like 10 seconds in.

yea ur right, it isnt raimi.

• inthacut
    sdca wrote: »
    It looks just a little generic, and more creepy than scary...which is cool. I want to see this.

I know it isn't directed by Raimi, but I can see the influence. It looks like 'Drag Me To Hell'...

The PG13 rating doesn't matter with this one... it's just a possession flick.

yea, same vibe i got off of it too, im not expecting to be wowed but a ill always watch a decent horror flick.

• inthacut
    that poster looks very Raimi-esqe.
    perhaps they took the poster from Drag Me To Hell and just made some alterations to it.....
    drage%20me%20to%20hell%20poster%20official.jpg

after Devil Inside ? the current generation of Hollywood Horror....
    Straight to DVD horror or Foreign horror>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

man i coulda swore when i was checkin it yesterday, the details said raimi. I dont know how ya'll fall for the okey doke with these flicks, i dont go in with great expectations so if its ? , it ain nothing to me.
  • [Deleted User]
  • inthacut
    never said i paid to go watch them ? . I utilize the internets to the fullest.
  • [Deleted User]
  • inthacut
    i feel you.

the horror movie genre has become a big let down from the big budget standpoint. in the 70's and 80's all u needed was a man in a suit and some weird piano music, throw in a good actor and boom. Today u got all this CGI and advanced 3d ? and u recycle "the thing", ? laughable.

but u right though the foreign films and straight to DVD horrors are where its at. u and @lou cypher dissin that devil inside movie, im gonna have to watch that to see if its that bad.
  • [Deleted User]
  • inthacut
    "The Devil Inside'' usefully reminds us how little it takes to make some people scream in a crowded movie theater."

"A terribly written, dubious slice of unscary found footage spiritual horror that ends with an ellipsis, not a period."

"People of the world: If you find some footage, leave it be. You will likely be doing the rest of us a huge favor."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_devil_inside/
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Have any of yall seen the Woman in Black? Its a solid, old school style ghost horror film. Its pretty good, worth a rental at least.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing tops The Exorcist. That being said, I don't think this movie is trying to anyway. I'll definitely be seeing this one...it looks like it might be a solid 6/10. Thanks for the post. I had no idea about this movie.