BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman is UNFUCKWITABLE

..........yessir!!
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »
    It also has to worry about that third movie curse, although i don't care what anybody says, i like X3. It had more action than the first two x movies combined.

I agree, story-wise it was rushed in alot of places and they had too many characters, but the action was the best of all three and that final battle scene with wolverine and jean grey was the ? .
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers has that top comic book movie spot as of now....
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the darknight trailer when I went to see Avengers. As a ? that just finished Arkham City and saw the Avengers, Darknight ain't cutting it.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Fastest movie to a billion.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers was a great movie. But it did have its flaws (Hawkeye and Black Widow's corny ass dialogue at times) that DKR just wont have.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Second fastest
  • I Am Him
    Options

Second fastest

I don't know what the second fastest is, but the Avengers is the first.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Avengers was a great movie. But it did have its flaws (Hawkeye and Black Widow's corny ass dialogue at times) that DKR just wont have.

Why not? The other two had flaws.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Knight Rises is gonna be ridiculous .... just saying

Avengers was good but that DKR.....
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Every movie has flaws (aside from Godfather 1&2)...but the sometimes corny campiness of Avengers are whats going to propel DKR over Avengers. Camp is glaring and can't necessarily be hidden by good acting. DKR will have all the action sequences that Avengers did...but it wont have any camp.
  • I Am Him
    Options

Every movie has flaws (aside from Godfather 1&2)...but the sometimes corny campiness of Avengers are whats going to propel DKR over Avengers. Camp is glaring and can't necessarily be hidden by good acting. DKR will have all the action sequences that Avengers did...but it wont have any camp.

It might have more action than the first two, but I don't think it will be nowhere near the action of the avengers. i don't think nolan cared about the action that much. I think he was focused more on the psychological aspect of Bruce Wayne/Batman than the action. Which is why these are such great Bat films. As far as camp goes, these are comic book movies about people who can fly,smash, and do other crazy stuff, there should be some campiness. The first Superman movie had way more camp than the Avengers, but it is still the best Superman movie to date.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    edited May 2012
    Options

Second fastest

The fastest to a billion at the box office is still Avatar. The Avengers is the second fastest. Took it two days longer of release bro.
  • CitySojourner
    Options

It might have more action than the first two, but I don't think it will be nowhere near the action of the avengers. i don't think nolan cared about the action that much. I think he was focused more on the psychological aspect of Bruce Wayne/Batman than the action. Which is why these are such great Bat films. As far as camp goes, these are comic book movies about people who can fly,smash, and do other crazy stuff, there should be some campiness. The first Superman movie had way more camp than the Avengers, but it is still the best Superman movie to date.

You and rage have some good points. In the Nolan batman movies his action scenes are ok but flawed and not his strong suit, especially with that ? up quick cut editing he likes to do (there are youtube videos of film students fixing his action scenes by re-editing them much better than what he did).

What gives Nolan the edge with these movies are the story, acting and psychological components throughout the film, not the action.

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think the reason i 'm not as hype for dkr is because heath ledger did so good of a job he paided his life for it...joker made that movie i just dont get that from bane...he is a B list bat villian i dont give a ? that he broke batmans back....anyways yea bane is not menancing....should of kept two face...
  • I Am Him
    Options

Second fastest

The fastest to a billion at the box office is still Avatar. The Avengers is the second fastest. Took it two days longer of release bro.

Well technically, we're both right because The Avengers, Avatar, and Harry Potter made $1 billion in just 19 days, but there’s a catch, Harry Potter and Avatar opened internationally and in the US on the same week while that wasn’t the case with The Avengers. The superhero film had been out in the US for just 10 days when $1 billion was reached. So while technically The Avengers has to share the title for fastest to hit $1 billion with the likes of Avatar and Harry Potter 8, its performance was more impressive.

• I Am Him
    Options

You and rage have some good points. In the Nolan batman movies his action scenes are ok but flawed and not his strong suit, especially with that ? up quick cut editing he likes to do (there are youtube videos of film students fixing his action scenes by re-editing them much better than what he did).

What gives Nolan the edge with these movies are the story, acting and psychological components throughout the film, not the action.

I agree to a degree. I don't know if Nolan gets an edge because he focused on different aspects of the character. I think they are two different movies that both do the source material justice. I do hope Dark Knight Rises does well cause it's not only good for comic book movies, it's good for comics.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Avengers= better effects

Batman= better plot

both= Great
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

Second fastest

Well technically, we're both right because The Avengers, Avatar, and Harry Potter made $1 billion in just 19 days, but there’s a catch, Harry Potter and Avatar opened internationally and in the US on the same week while that wasn’t the case with The Avengers. The superhero film had been out in the US for just 10 days when $1 billion was reached. So while technically The Avengers has to share the title for fastest to hit $1 billion with the likes of Avatar and Harry Potter 8, its performance was more impressive.

Avatar took 17 days, The Avengers took 19, there is no tie
  • I Am Him
    Options

Second fastest

Avatar took 17 days, The Avengers took 19, there is no tie

After just 19 days, Disney-Marvel's "The Avengers" is expected to cross $1 billion at the global box office today. With "Avatar" it will hold the record for the pic to most quickly reach that threshold. I got that from Varity, which is the most respected place for hollywood news. Wherever you got your info from, they might need to double check their facts. Here is the link if you want to read for yourself. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053940

• CitySojourner
    Options
    MRDRO wrote: »
    THAT SPIDERMAN WILL BE BETTER THAN DARKKNIGHT

I'm looking forward to that movie.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options