You think 50cent can make a decent return like Jayz 3 years ago?

Options
Meela Dymme
Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Jay stayed losing with Kingdom Come, American Gangster. But he finally appealed to the mainstream crowd once again with Blueprint 3....... Looks like 50 is trying to collab with a lot of hot artist right now for his album. I think if he switch up his rapping style a bit he could start appealing to most of these soft internet thugs on here. what you think?

Comments

• TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he needs to stop trying to be street and go back to that candy shop ? if he want that mainstream
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    How Jay lose with KC and AG tho
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangster is one of Jay-Z BEST albums that went Plat without any smash "Hits" How is that a Lose exactly?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jay stayed losing with Kingdom Come, American Gangster. But he finally appealed to the mainstream crowd once again with Blueprint 3.

KC had first week sales of 680,000, while BP3 had first week sales of 476,000. So Jay's comeback was six years ago, not three.

Plus AG is a damn near flawless album, so he didn't "stay losing".
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    American gangster was a dope album though. Blueprint 3 was a solid album, kingdom come was disappointing.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    American gangster was a dope album though. Blueprint 3 was a solid album, kingdom come was disappointing.

Kingdom Come>>>>> Blueprint 3

Outside of Empire State of Mind Blueprint 3 is very forgettable. Kingdom Come gets hate because Jay-Z Grew Up when he came back and nobody was expecting that.
  • Stew
    Options

Outside of Empire State of Mind Blueprint 3 is very forgettable. Kingdom Come gets hate because Jay-Z Grew Up when he came back and nobody was expecting that.

*Co-sign*
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People actually wanted Jay to come back. There is little to nobody rooting for 50
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Back to the subject at hand... Jay left at the top of his game... 50 made ppl dislike him at the top of his Game... Their comebacks can never be equal. 50 has alot of shutting up to do and a lot of undeniably Hot music to put out... He can have a steady career if he did such but thats gonna be hard being that he doesnt know how to shut up and he's past his prime but there's always hope.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

I understood that jay took the grown approach. But it was poorly executed IMO.

Bp3 had some dope records.

Real as it gets with jeezy
    Run this town with kanye
    Star is born with j Cole
    Ambitious with the neptunes

That album gets a little more hate than it deserved.
  • Stew
    Options
    Wow Gen actually droppin some respectable knowledge. Obvious but true.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    He can comeback if he stopped watering down his albums with get rich of die trying remakes. For him to make a successful comeback he needs to evolve as an artist.
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

I understood that jay took the grown approach. But it was poorly executed IMO.

Bp3 had some dope records.

Real as it gets with jeezy
    Run this town with kanye
    Star is born with j Cole
    Ambitious with the neptunes

That album gets a little more hate than it deserved.

None of those songs are better than

Prelude
    Trouble
    Do U Wanna Ride
    Lost Ones
    Minority Report
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    You really named do you wanna ride and trouble? Them songs were weak. Lost ones and the prelude were dope and while the message was good I hated minority report.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    You really named do you wanna ride and trouble? Them songs were weak. Lost ones and the prelude were dope and while the message was good I hated minority report.

Last Verse from Trouble>>>>>>>>> Anything LYRICALLY u named and did u actually listen to Do U Wanna Ride?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRDhi3kkcA

You know why they call The Projects a project, because it's a project!
    An experiment, where in it, only it's objects
    And the object for us to explore our prospects
    And sidestep cops on the way to the top - yes!
    As kids we would daydream, sittin on our steps
    Pointin at cars like yeah that's our sex
    Hustlers, prophets, made our eyes stretch
    Swanson got the spot, ? we started our trek
    Some of us made it, most of us digressed
    In the name of those who ain't made it my progress
    Show success please live through me
    See I'm the eyes for Emory, keep him alive
    (This is a collect call) So everytime I press five
    All he wanna hear is his boy talk fly
    Up in the fed, and still holdin his head
    So when he hits the streets he gon' eat through this bread
    Now let's ride

First 4 Bars alone is Fire...
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Hov made ? wanna step they double enterdre's up

Monster of the double entendre, Coke is still my sponsor
    Heh, the Cola, yeah
    Hova still gettin it in with soda
    Diet, no sir, I ain't lose no weight
    Started from the crates now I'm sittin on a whole case
    Since they got you sittin on that old case
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont care

50 never fell off

the fickle fans did cause dre and em dont stand stand side by side with him anymore

50 at this point is basically an underground artist with a few hundred million $$$$ in the the bank

no other rapper has dissed their label head like fif...he's so rich he doesnt give a ? about who his "boss" is

just keep makin that street ? fif and the people that were there since '99 will support
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont care

50 never fell off

the fickle fans did cause dre and em dont stand stand side by side with him anymore

50 at this point is basically an underground artist with a few hundred million $$$$ in the the bank

no other rapper has dissed their label head like fif...he's so rich he doesnt give a ? about who his "boss" is

just keep makin that street ? fif and the people that were there since '99 will support

Straight up. I will be coppin no matter what. No one makes grimy ? like Fif no more. He is the last of the gritty and more people should appreciate that.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kingdom Come wasn't a bad album yo
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know to me back than Jay was doing his thing, but it felt like everything was overshadowed by 50 Cents camp in 03. I remember the VMAs, Chappelle the host gave Jay Z a watch for his retirement in rap. It was a crazy year in music. I think the difference is that people are counting out 50 Cent while some people wanted Jay back(he still got a lot of hate from his return)
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent was never a great mc to begin with, and that he got shot 9 times gimmick got old real quick to mainstream America. Dude is done, there is no coming back once the perception that you fell off takes place. Most rappers don't have that longevity of a Jay-z/Em/LL, they typically burn out like a Nelly, DMX,etc 4-5 albums later.
  • Meela Dymme
    Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
    Options
    Naw 50 could make a comeback. He is going to have to switch up his style. Jay=z still looks hip and he's like 41. 50 sometimes look all fat when he dresses "street" You have to have that hip appeal if you're old(30 n up). Look at wayne and jeezy.... 50 is going to need 3 things, cool beats(prefer from Dre.), change the way he sound on the mic, and just start dressing like a thuggy rapper since that's what he raps about
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "American Gangster" was a great album that was a critical and commercial success.

JayZ has maintained his platinum status with every album he has dropped and he's showed artistic growth and maturity in his music to coincide with his age.

50-Cent has shown zero growth as an artist, you can't be a 38 yr old millionaire dancing around with an axe talking about murdering people while other 30+ rappers are making songs about their daughters and have people take you seriously.

JayZ is so successful because his music has grown and evolved as he has grown and evolved as a person, look at the recent maturity in Emenims music after his earlier work that was childish and goofy, look at how Ludacris went from "Move ? ", to "Runaway Love".

T.I.'s image went from trapper to family-man, even the Ross's and Jeezy's have tackled political and cultural/social issues in their music while 50-cent is regurgitating the same redundant gun-talk he did back in 2003.

The poor guy just ain't been the same since he got his career ended.

His album drops in about 30 days.