Options

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Tyrion aint dead. He just was injured.

If anyone bout to get murked, its the Hound.

lol at fleeing the city when your side won.
    I aint sure. But with the others there was no doubt. a beheding and burned to death.

one of you book readin ? confirm or deny this for me in a spoiler... kuz this ? really ? wit me and im not tryin to wait a whole year for a okie doke

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Who do you think is gonna step to the Hound?

I don't see anybody brave enough or skilled enough to do it.

Only mentioning people introduced in the show so far and not the books that could beat the hound in a fight:

Jamie Lannister
    Bronn(don't sleep on Bronn he one of the most underrated fighters in the whole show)
    Barristan Selmy
    Gregor Clegane(his massive ass brother)
    Qhorin Halfhand
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol at fleeing the city when your side won.
    I aint sure. But with the others there was no doubt. a beheding and burned to death.

one of you book readin ? confirm or deny this for me in a spoiler... kuz this ? really ? wit me and im not tryin to wait a whole year for a okie doke
    Face will be ? up, but he's not dead.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only mentioning people introduced in the show so far and not the books that could beat the hound in a fight:

Jamie Lannister
    Bronn(don't sleep on Bronn he one of the most underrated fighters in the whole show)
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Who are those two again? I'll be honest, I never remember anyone's names on this show.

And are we just talking ab out people that are still alive? If not, I'd say you can probably throw Ned and Drogo in that list. Ned because he looked to at least stalemate Jamie and Drogo because he was just that dam skilled.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Who are those two again? I'll be honest, I never remember anyone's names on this show.

And are we just talking ab out people that are still alive? If not, I'd say you can probably throw Ned and Drogo in that list. Ned because he looked to at least stalemate Jamie and Drogo because he was just that dam skilled.

Well that fight between Ned and Jamie never happened in the books and honestly if they did fight in the books Jamie would destroy Ned flawless victory style. Qhorin Halfhand is the Ranger captain who Jon was with when he was captured, the one who said not if you do as your told and started yelling at him.

Barristan Selmy was the commander of the kingsguard who Cersei dismissed in season 1, the one that when he drew his sword had everyone shook of his ass.

And yes I only included people who are still alive, Drogo would probably have ? up the hound too he was a ? beast.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2012
    Options

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Well that fight between Ned and Jamie never happened in the books and honestly if they did fight in the books Jamie would destroy Ned flawless victory style. Qhorin Halfhand is the Ranger captain who Jon was with when he was captured, the one who said not if you do as your told and started yelling at him.

Barristan Selmy was the commander of the kingsguard who Cersei dismissed in season 1, the one that when he drew his sword had everyone shook of his ass.

And yes I only included people who are still alive, Drogo would probably have ? up the hound too he was a ? beast.

lol yeah, that Barristan dude gotta be raw. I didn't remember his name but I damn sure remembered that scene.

What about the dude helping Arya. He might not be able to beat the Hound in a straight up fight, but if he wanted the Hound dead, I got a feeling he'd find a way to make it happen.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

lol yeah, that Barristan dude gotta be raw. I didn't remember his name but I damn sure remembered that scene.

What about the dude helping Arya. He might not be able to beat the Hound in a straight up fight, but if he wanted the Hound dead, I got a feeling he'd find a way to make it happen.

Jaqen Hagar is an assassin, in a straight up fight nah. Don't get me wrong Sandor Clegane (the hound) has a chance to beat anybody, but he isn't the end all be all of the fighters in the world. I'm sure there are more people I haven't mentioned that could hang with him, and once the storm of swords story arcs come around I'll mention some more.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign Dallas 4 eva's post. Here is my personal order of absolute killers on the show:

Khal Drogo - RIP to the leader of the Dothraki nation. If he lived from season 1 and got the Dothraki on the Westeros continent like he promised Danerys, he would've destroyed every single house, Lannisters and Starks included. You saw how shook King Robert was when he thought the Dothraki army was headed to King's Landing

Jaimie Lannister - we haven't seen him in action yet besides against Ned in season 1, but by all accounts, dude's sword game is one of the best in the land.

Hound's older brother Sandor Clegane - Dude from season 1 who lost in the jousting tournament against Lloras, then went berserk and sliced his horse's head off. Has all of the strength of the Hound, but isn't afraid of fire

Hound - for obvious reasons

Prime King Robert - before he became King, dude took down the Targaeryns. Fought with a warhammer instead of a sword. Nuff said.

Honorable mention - Brienne of Tarth (Renly's former bodyguard)

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People always underrate Bronn but dude is just as good as Jaime according to Tyrion in the books plus he fights ? .
    ? the only person he was worried about in the books was
    The Mountain and that was because there was a very real chance he could die no matter what he did.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that post makes me want to click on that spoiler lol. Will it ? up the show for me?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think its too spoilery plus it would be hard to ruin the show since its out of context.
    Anyway on to this episode. HBO really needs to find a way to have GRRM right every episode now. This was far and away the best episode of the season.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    People always underrate Bronn but dude is just as good as Jaime according to Tyrion in the books plus he fights ? .
    ? the only person he was worried about in the books was
    The Mountain and that was because there was a very real chance he could die no matter what he did.

Co-sign.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't think Bronn is underrated in the context of the show. He's one of my favorite characters this season, but there hasn't been much to imply he is a top tier fighter. He's beaten a knight through trickery and killed some fodder. He also hasn't had is rep built up in the show like other characters.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the fact that the hound pointed out that they are the same, is enough proof for me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    the fact that the hound pointed out that they are the same, is enough proof for me.

I think you're taking that quote out of context. He wasn't really talking about skill. It was more commentary on their character similarities.

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I don't think Bronn is underrated in the context of the show. He's one of my favorite characters this season, but there hasn't been much to imply he is a top tier fighter. He's beaten a knight through trickery and killed some fodder. He also hasn't had is rep built up in the show like other characters.

Yeah well I go by the books and in the books Bronn is not to be ? with. The show actually makes a lot of people feel weak and others more powerful than they are. For instance in the show you would think Ned was a top tier fighter, but in the books he was average maybe a little above average at best.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yeah well I go by the books and in the books Bronn is not to be ? with. The show actually makes a lot of people feel weak and others more powerful than they are. For instance in the show you would think Ned was a top tier fighter, but in the books he was average maybe a little above average at best.

Can't say I agree with that totally. Even in the show, Ned's honor was a far more crucial character point than his battle ability. The only reason you might believe he is a great fighter in the show is because he was able to fend off Jamie for a while. But it could be argued that Jamie didn't actually want to ? Ned at that point.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Can't say I agree with that totally. Even in the show, Ned's honor was a far more crucial character point than his battle ability. The only reason you might believe he is a great fighter in the show is because he was able to fend off Jamie for a while. But it could be argued that Jamie didn't actually want to ? Ned at that point.

Honor isn't gonna win you a battle against someone like Bronn who fights ? , or the mountain who is a ? ? , or the hound who low key might be crazier than his brother is.

And the whole Jamie vs Ned thing didn't go down like that in the books how it went down in the show although I wish it did.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options

Ehh. In the books, outside of the duel Bronn volunteered for at Eyre for Tyrion, there really isn't a focus on his fighting skills the same way as the other character.Bronn's main schtick as a character is the fact that he's a sellsword first and foremost. Even though he's Tyrion's right hand man, he always makes it very clear to Tyrion that if he stops gettin paid, he ain't ? with him anymore.

As for Ned Stark, the books didn't portray him as average. Quite the contrary, he and King Robert were running things during the rebellion against the Targaryeans. He also single-handedly crushed the Greyjoy rebellion as well. And I doubt Robert would be ? with him if Ned was a chump when it came to fighting.
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    Options
    The scene with The hound and Bronn has been one of th best in the series. They changed alot of things from the book but granted this is a tv series and they cant cover everything. The Hound though>>>

Also, for the amount of money they had, I thought it was pretty good.

Blackwater was the most exciting episode yet, but not the best one.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lannisters ? up the way they keep treating Tyrion. He's their ace in the hole right now.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda unrelated, but lol@ Showtime not showing a new Borgias episode yesterday because they knew that ? wasn't ? with Thrones.

'Probably had some ? episode where nothing significant really happened.

Now, I watch Borgias...it's a good show and all...but they'd be better off finding a new time slot and not running on the same day as Thrones.

Maybe have it come on after Dexter or something, but that's Homeland's spot so...don't know how much longer Borgias is gonna last.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Greatest episode in the whole series. Damn!!!! I don't see how the season finale is going to top this.

Edit: Yes it will. The moment I've been waiting for has to happen next week.
    Joffrey and Tywin will die in "The Red Wedding"
  • black caesar
    edited May 2012
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Lannisters ? up the way they keep treating Tyrion. He's their ace in the hole right now.

It is messed up, but it's not going to get better for him.
    Tyrion's dad is going to take the credit for the war, and Tyrion will be demoted to Master of Coin which was Little Finger's position. SMH
  • black caesar
    Options
    The scene with The hound and Bronn has been one of th best in the series. They changed alot of things from the book but granted this is a tv series and they cant cover everything. The Hound though>>>

Also, for the amount of money they had, I thought it was pretty good.

Blackwater was the most exciting episode yet, but not the best one.

What happened in the book?