Options
2»

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Messi ain't even a top 3 player of the last 15 years

Ronaldo Brazil, Ronaldinho, and Zidane were all more skilled than that one foot mf

Messi hasn't done ? on his national team and don't give me no ? about having teammates either because last time i check Maradona won a world cup damn near by himself. Messi ain't ? ? without Iniest and Xavi, beat up on that weak ass La Liga competition and kick pk's all day because they get preferential treatment from the refs.

Only reason why lame ass scream Messi is the best is because he puts up pointless stats and we live in the information era. If Pele and Maradona era was televised like this era those dudes would be approached like gods.

Until Messi does something outside of Barca and playing on the most loaded club in football i don't care. Atleast Christiano Ronaldo balled in the EPL, i doubt Messi would get half the ? pk's he gets in Barca with the EPL physical style of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOk4Fvn1S4

Learn somethin mate
    Figo wrote: »
    lets see what dude will do in those upcoming world cups and south america tournament. an yeah, ronaldo is respected more because he's winning in different leagues.(EPL+La Liga)

In the World Cup you have weak nations though while in the Champions League majority of teams are of high quality and in that competition Messi has dominated for years already wion 2 Champions League trophies.

Look at what happened in 2004 Greece won the European Championship but can you say that was a good team let alone great? no

Also can you say Messi has ever had an average World Cup? no cos he may not have won it but his performances in 2006 and 2010 were good but i'm sure he will win it 1 day.

u a typical messi ? rider and wrong about how much champions league title he won.
    I guess Seedorf, maldini, Sam Eto'o is the greatest players ever because they won the Champs league 4 and 5 times. Your logic is idiotic pussyhole.
  • DiplomatsCam
    DiplomatsCam Members Posts: 159
    Options
    Messi won The Champions League in 2009 scored in the Final

And won the Champions League in 2011 scored once again in the final

Seerdoff, Eto, Maldeni didn't score anywhere near what Messi has
  • Figo
    Options

who gives a ? if he scores? a win is a win. an you are a typical ? rider. again fassy, you don't even know how many champs title he won. what kinda fanatic r u?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

who gives a ? if he scores? a win is a win. an you are a typical ? rider. again fassy, you don't even know how many champs title he won. what kinda fanatic r u?

She's an Eminem stan in the Reason. I guess Messi is her sports equivalent
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Then name anything Messi can't do aside from tackle and name anything he isn't 10/10 at aside from tackling?

Passing, Shooting, dribbling, ball control, heading, vision, goal scoring. What is he missing as a player? does everything a Play Maker/Attacking player is suppose to as good as you can get really

Rooney is great but he can't dribble like Messi nor does he have the speed Messi has, Zidane is great but he never had anywhere near the amount of goals scored ratio as Messi or speed, Scholes is great but he can't dribble like Messi nor did he have the amount of goals ratio as Messi, Brazilian Ronalso was great but he didn't have anywhere near the amount of assists or passing ability or the same level of long range shooting ability as Messi.

Gerrard is a more complete Player cos he can actually defend like a word class player and attack like a word class player can do everything Messi can but also tackle well but again Gerrard has no where near the games played to goals ratio as Messi.

ATTS wrote: »
    Pele is better than messi

Ok can you say Pele had the same speed as Messi?

Did Pele have the same amount of goals in a short space of time as Messi?

What did Pele do better than Messi?

Dude just shut the ? up, Pele averaged a goal a game for his entire career and this is in the era where the Brasilian league was at it's peak and the great South American players weren't running to Europe. Pele played in a much more physical and dirtier era, these ? pk's that Messi is getting wouldn't fly in Pele's era.

As for speed and skill, Pele was the Bo Jackson of his era, dude was far superior to his peers. Messi is a one foot one dimensional ass player, all the mf does is go left and depends on precision passes from Iniesta, Xavi,etc. Dude might be a good scorer but he is far from skilled.

Wait till Neymar come to La Liga, bet he ? on all of Messi's records and do it with more skill.

Messi has scored over 200 goals in all competitions less than 10% have been Penalties what you talking about? most his goals been magic wonder goals from open play

Since when did Pele ever succeeed playing in a top European league? first you say Messi isn't good cos he ain't played in other leagues in Europe then switch up when it comes to Pele like a clown.

Scoring goals wins your team matches you idiot lmao not fancy kick up skills. Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent to win and no 1 is touching MEssi with his goal scoring record do you even know what you saying?

You know nothing about Football if you wanna see skills go to a local park and you can see 13 year olds do skills

If you know about Shooting technique, passing, vision, speed, movement then you will know why Messi is the best the elements that win teams matches.

Anyone can do kick ups but to have the technique to strike a ball from 30 yards straight into the goals top corner is what sepereates the great players from average as well as precision passes.

THe way you watch Football how you speaking seems like you don't have an understanding of the game, you dismiss the most important factots like goals. And talk about things that aren't important like skill.

What good is skill with out an end product? goals and assists win matches not dribbling and going no where or keeping the ball up lmao
  • Figo
    Options

She's an Eminem stan in the Reason. I guess Messi is her sports equivalent

that ? is a boy George and lady gaga fanatic. gad damn who open the flood gate.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9a8_VrkGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4U6ZfETvUo

That's highlights of both Champions League finals from 2009 and 2011 Messi won with Barca

• Figo
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9a8_VrkGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4U6ZfETvUo

That's highlights of both Champions League finals from 2009 and 2011 Messi won with Barca

bruh, smh.... u a brand new fanatic. keep researching.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    So if no 1 cares about Messi scoring over a 160 goals in 2011 games just his La Liga stats, and no 1 cares how many trophies he won, how many assis he has

Then what determines who the best player if it isn't actual proven stats, winners medals for trophies, other players labelling him the best they faced, other managers labelling him the best?

Then what makes a player the best? if it isn't facts and accomplishing trophies, winning matches with goals?
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    I expected Messi to have haters it's natural to hate on anything considered the best in life but it comes down to this some of the best Managers like Alex Ferguson, best players like Rooney, Maradona etc have called Messi the best

People who played the game, managed and won everything opinion>>>>randon internet bloggers
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please go die in a hole somewhere for even implying that Messi is even close to the top 5 all-time.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    In my 20's been watchin the sport since 1992

It's mainly down to how Messi is a a MIdfielder but scores goals like a Striker actually out scoring even the best out and out Strikers combined with how he gives so many assists and creates so many chances for others like a great Midfielder does.

But doing those 2 things while winning so much silverware.

He can shoot perfectley from long range, he can pass the ball precise all distances, he can dribble and beat opponents easily, he can control the ball like he has a magnet on his feet and he can score free kicks and even cross the ball well.

All those qualities he has
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hahahahaha

i ain't read a ? comment in this thread but i gotta say me and the threadstarter might actually agree on something for once lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soccer is ? .Marine take them ? out of your sig b.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Mumo X Usmarin seems dumb he thinks skills going no where are more important than scoring goals, providing assists etc like Messi does

Him saying stats don't matter told me enough about him but then again he likes Jay Z so much so i can see he likes flash/bragado over Substance/Depth so i can see why he would like fancy skill with no end product over actual passing, shooting, movement etc with an end product lol

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol stop feeding the troll, look at her ridiculous avi
  • The Douce
    The Douce Members Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'd look ? awesome if xavi, iniesta, fabregas etc was laying down the passes. Take him out of his comfort zone, go play in England/germany.. if he really is the best, he needs to prove himself in a league that doesnt have a 30 points gap between 2nd & 3rd
  • Tylorn
    Tylorn Members Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Can Messi do it against Stoke in a wet night?

http://hasmessidoneitonawetnightinstokeyet.com/

Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Messi... Ehhh, both are great players.

Also, I don't know why you're trying to compare both of them. They play two different positions, Messi a false 9 and Ronaldo an Inside Forward; and both do extremely well in those positions.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Douce wrote: »
    I think I'd look ? awesome if xavi, iniesta, fabregas etc was laying down the passes. Take him out of his comfort zone, go play in England/germany.. if he really is the best, he needs to prove himself in a league that doesnt have a 30 points gap between 2nd & 3rd

The EPL is too much of a challenge for Messi.
    Tylorn wrote: »
    Can Messi do it against Stoke in a wet night?

http://hasmessidoneitonawetnightinstokeyet.com/

Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Messi... Ehhh, both are great players.

Also, I don't know why you're trying to compare both of them. They play two different positions, Messi a false 9 and Ronaldo an Inside Forward; and both do extremely well in those positions.

Still, at least Ronaldo is doing it in 2 leagues.

LoL at that site..