If you could change one thing about The Rock and John cena rivalry, what would you have changed ?

starvin
starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality of feud/match, never would've deaded it after WM either.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    have rock around more
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    turned Cena heel. perfect opportunity wasted.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't have announced a year in advance. There was no way it could have lived up to all the hype it got and the year long build up.
  • starvin
    Anyone notice The rock never got to say it doesn't matter to cena's face ? That's a waste lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Have Stone Cold as the referee
  • starvin
    Have Stone Cold as the referee

aw dayum epic, I remember piper said he wanted to do piper's pit with rock and cena wish that happened
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    PUSHER wrote: »
    I wouldn't have announced a year in advance. There was no way it could have lived up to all the hype it got and the year long build up.
    good point
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    PUSHER wrote: »
    hate to say it but i think that was something that could have worked back in the attitude era as far as a year long build up..there was so much more back then that could have supported it. in this case,there was nothing to hold people off until then. every time you saw cena, you thought of the match with the rock. everything else in the time between was boring and with the rock not being there except for a few appearances and that whole last month it just wasnt done right
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    the build up was weak. it seemed like they wouldnt even let the rock be himself. he rarely used his catch phrases, he didnt even raise his eyebrow. he was rarely talking in third person

it also seemed like wwe wanted cena to have the upper hand in his promos with the rock. the rock coulda easily roasted cena in their promos based on the ? he said. ? even i coulda done it. cena criticized rock for making movies when john cena himself has starred in three, and he knows if they werent box office bombs he woulda left the wwe too . everything cena is doing now the rock has already done, and in his own words "the rock has already done it better". that line right there could've ethered cena's soul. there's no comeback for it because its the truth
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wwe wouldn't let rock murk Cena
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    I would replace Cena with Orton or Punk.... or anybody who has more than 5 moves in their repertoire
  • TheBadOne
    TheBadOne Members Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    I would have turned Cena heel and cut down on some of the ? stuff that was said.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let the rock be WWF attitude era rock.....that simple change right there wouldve changed the enire dynamic and provided us with classic promo material
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more than just 2 matches, turn cena heel, but at least we got away from the corny super hero cena just a lil bit
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Cena did Thuganomics and Rock had his concert, they should've done it the Raw before Wrestlemania. The talk that they had the Raw before was so awful.