Is Reggie Wayne getting enough credit?

Options
bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
By the time he retires Wayne could easily be top 5 in receiving yards, top 10 in TD's, and top 10 in receptions. Depending on how his career plays out he could end up in 2nd behind Jerry Rice in yards. Doesn't seem like dude gets mentioned much amongst the greats though.

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the time he retires Wayne could easily be top 5 in receiving yards, top 10 in TD's, and top 10 in receptions. Depending on how his career plays out he could end up in 2nd behind Jerry Rice in yards. Doesn't seem like dude gets mentioned much amongst the greats though.

peyton manning isnt his QB anymore, so this ? isnt happening. larry fitz. and calvin johnson have better chances of succeeding to that level

and this is coming from a fan
  • bow to royalty
    Options

peyton manning isnt his QB anymore, so this ? isnt happening. larry fitz. and calvin johnson have better chances of succeeding to that level

3,150 yards, 18 TD's, 89 receptions. You're a fan and you don't think that's at least possible? Dude may have 4+ years left. If Luck lives up to some of his hype then Wayne can pull 800 yards, 4-5 TD's, and 21+ catches over the next 4
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao....you must not know who is arizona's qb is....larry is a great reciever but ? if he cant get the passes that ? aint happening....I feel bad for megatron too dude is great but his qb is scary as ? right now it's too hard to tell
  • vageneral08
    Options
    But to answer the T/S question....I think he gets the credit but he's not as profilic as the others.....he's not a speed demon, he's not the most powerful guy but he can ran the ? out of a route besides peyton reggie is the next colts ? in indy they love his black ass
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne is a good WR, but Manning made him better.
    Simple as that.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Wayne is a good WR, but Manning made him better.
    Simple as that.

So what though? Once you reach a certain level of success for a certain period of time it's time to stop nitpicking. No one's discrediting Rice for havin HOF QB's
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    But to answer the T/S question....I think he gets the credit but he's not as profilic as the others.....he's not a speed demon, he's not the most powerful guy but he can ran the ? out of a route besides peyton reggie is the next colts ? in indy they love his black ass

Ya, but that's the hometown hero. I feel like he should be gettin more credit as one of the top WR's of the past decade.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's one of the better wr's of the 2000's, but you know people are gonna still try to discredit his abilities simply because manning was his qb.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    best route runner in the nfl

he had 75 rec 960 yds 4 TDs with them 2 inept QBs he had throwin to him last year. i see no reason why he cant hit them numbers or do better with andrew luck
  • vageneral08
    Options
    best route runner in the nfl

he had 75 rec 960 yds 4 TDs with them 2 inept QBs he had throwin to him last year. i see no reason why he cant hit them numbers or do better with andrew luck

Make that 3 ? ass qb's he had to play with......kerry collins old ass tried to pull a brett farve
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie Wayne is tough, why didn't he request a trade tho? And Peyton Manning may have thrown the passes, but Reggie running the route and catching the damn ball.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    he's one of the better wr's of the 2000's, but you know people are gonna still try to discredit his abilities simply because manning was his qb.
    dis right here nd dat aint fair he's a hell of a route runner nd has dependable hands its crazy dat combo lasted longer then Manning nd Harrison I honestly think if u put Wayne on a any other team he can be a 1,000 yards reciever
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    Reggie Wayne is tough, why didn't he request a trade tho? And Peyton Manning may have thrown the passes, but Reggie running the route and catching the damn ball.

pretty sure he was a free agent and chose to resign with the colts

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

lmao....you must not know who is arizona's qb is....larry is a great reciever but ? if he cant get the passes that ? aint happening....I feel bad for megatron too dude is great but his qb is scary as ? right now it's too hard to tell

skelton and kolb, and fitzgerald still had 80 rec. with 1400 yards. a better QB would help his chances but at worst he can finish in the top 10 in most of the major categories

and stafford isnt a ? . if he can stay healthy him and johnson will continue to put up monster numbers
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Didnt say stafford he was a ? i said he's scary as ? do u not remember the lions vs saints playoff game? He didnt show up at all