For Those of You who watched Aliens (1986) I have a question?

jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Remember when the marines got ambushed and Ripley drove that tank in to save them? After their rescue ship crashed, they found out that some of the soldiers (Apone, Drake, and some others) were still alive.

So the marines were like "we gotta go back and save them, they're still alive".
But Ripley said "you cant do anything to save them, its too late. they're being cocooned."

But later on when the little white girl gets kidnapped and taken to the Aliens egg nest Ripley was all brolic and ready to save her.

Not to mention that the ship was going to self destruct in 20 minutes, and she had no idea where the girl was.

I know this is random, but that ? bugged me. Anybody else saw the flaw in that movie? lol

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    No, she just gave more a ? about Newt than those marines, simple as that.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I thought I was the only one. But at the end Ripley gets egg on her face cause Newt dies at the begining of the 3rd!
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping because of Prometheus. lol.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay83 wrote:
    Remember when the marines got ambushed and Ripley drove that tank in to save them? After their rescue ship crashed, they found out that some of the soldiers (Apone, Drake, and some others) were still alive.

So the marines were like "we gotta go back and save them, they're still alive".
    But Ripley said "you cant do anything to save them, its too late. they're being cocooned."

But later on when the little white girl gets kidnapped and taken to the Aliens egg nest Ripley was all brolic and ready to save her.

Not to mention that the ship was going to self destruct in 20 minutes, and she had no idea where the girl was.

I know this is random, but that ? bugged me. Anybody else saw the flaw in that movie? lol

I'm guess it's bc she never able to see her daughter again. So she probably felt like she had to save her. Ripleys daughter was only 11 when she left and I guess her daughters age and newts age wasn't that far off
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Well she went back for Newt cause of her maternal instincts. She found out she lost her daughter at the beginning cause she was sleep for so long. Newt had survived that long, she wasn't going to let her die then. Also it made for an amazing and Classic ending and by far the most powerful Hard Body female performance in an Action Movie ever.

Ripley went so damn hard in the Queens Nest and then went even harder on the Ship in the final battle after that. She said not to go back for the marines cause at that point she felt it was too risky. By the end of the movie nothing mattered anymore but getting Newt and getting out. Classic movie. That's why the cover of the movie is Her and Newt to show again how powerful her bond was with her.

220px-Aliens_poster.jpg
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? was on tv over the weekend, classic movie
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think im more ok with a solo woman going back for a child than 3 marines

just saying
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.