confirm or deny: michael fassbender...

Options
Inglewood_B
Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
brought the same thing to that magneto role in x-men: first class, that heath ledger brought to the joker in dark knight(as in, he totally blew away the performance of the character's previous actor).

if he died before that movie came out out like ledger, would that performance been just as legendary?

the argentina scene

he had dope ass theme music too

tell me you didnt go aww ? ! when he said, "... I'm going to count to three. And then I'm going to move the coin." right before he murked shaw.

i think he shoulda had his own origin movie

Comments

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta deny. Fassbender made for a very debonair Magneto, no doubt. Easily my favorite character in the movie, but I can't say that had he died after he would be on ledgers level of adoration for his role. I can't say that fassbender brought anything terribly unique other than a very bondish feel to the movie which I welcome. No quotables, but he did make the role his own. Also First Class isn't on the level of Dark Knight to even really make the comparison.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Denied. I think his performance was great, though but not on the level of Heath's in TDK. Magneto pretty much made the movie for me, though, it was almost too cheesy to be watchable. But in fact, I dont even think Heath Ledger's performance was better than Jack Nicholson's in the original Batman from 89, let alone blew it away. I get that some might say that Heath Ledger underwent a more drastic transformation for his Joker than Jack did for his but that doesnt mean his performance was better. Ledger's Joker fit the tone of TDK perfectly but Jack's Joker was more the way the Joker should be portrayed, IMO.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deny. no way any performance in first class is on dark knight level.

with that said, magneto is my favorite mutant and he did that role justice. and FC was probably the best xmen flick surprisingly.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he legit and he dating a fine sister
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    didn't see first class but i'm denying cuz I already know it's not on the level of dark knight.

if fassbender happened to tragically die before his time I guarantee his performances in shame and hunger will be the first things people talk about. not x men.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes a great actor, Shame was dope if you havent seen it
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sorry but not even close, Heath's Joker is in the upper stratosphere of iconic, legendary roles. Fassbender's Magneto was good but nothing that incredible, reason there was zero Oscar buzz for that performance.
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah what they said
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deny, but he really help make that movie.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think if the movie was better he would of got some more love for his role.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Films like Hunger, Shame (which he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for) and Fish Tank show what a fearless and brilliant actor he is, plus he was the best thing about Prometheus.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still ? that the studio felt the need to ? xavier and move magneto all the way to the dark side in the first ? movie. As if we're somehow lacking in x-men iterations that feature a crippled Professor X at odds with mutant terrorist Magneto.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still ? that the studio felt the need to ? xavier and move magneto all the way to the dark side in the first ? movie. As if we're somehow lacking in x-men iterations that feature a crippled Professor X at odds with mutant terrorist Magneto.

Word, it would of been nice to see them work together for a longer period of time. Also in the xmen movies when they went to get jean grey it was in the 70s and prof x wasn't paralysed and xmen first class takes place in the 60s