Django Unchained First Screens (Picture) + Details

Options
123457»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trailer shifted my opinion a little. I'm still tentative about the whole thing though.

Who is this actress though?

2ywwxe1.jpg

lol she in here somewhere

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/fullcredits#cast
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the trailer and even though I have my reservations about how QT will handle this subject matter. The Trailer did look cool. It looked like a Blaxpoltation film but in western style. But SMH @ the tagline. "Django OFF THE CHAIN", Really, lol. But again I hoping QT could even surprise me and actually make a good revenge flick about a slave. The Screenplay was over 145 pages so I know a lot of stuff got cut out. Overall I can't lie, I was impressed by the trailer, the cast is good but let's see if the movie is. But the tone of the trailer made the movie seem a little comedic and I don't about taking that approach with this. I was hoping for a series slave revenge flick.

I wouldn't put too much weight into the whole comedic atmosphere. Basterds was marketed in a similar way.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @CeLLaR-DooR

Listen I agree with you, Will does need to take more challenging roles in the future, my only point was Django was probably not the best film for him to enter the game back into after 4 years off the Big Screen. He needed a movie to re-establish his brand as the Top Box Office Star in the World and MIB 3 did that. If Will Flops, it's big news, it's a problem. His career is under a different microscope than other actors.

Also Will is respected in the game which is why QT Wanted him, every director would work with Will if they could cause they know he's a huge Draw. Also after "Wild,Wild West" maybe Will didn't want to do another Western. I know he does a lot of "Save the world from Alien" films but again that's his lane. I do want Will to start doing a little more Drama and show his range. He did that with Pursuit, 6 Degrees, Ali and 7 Pounds but he needs to do more. It would be ILL for Will to play a killer that would throw people off.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Columbia Pictures produced Django. They also own the rights to the MIB francise.

He could do the Box Office Draw movie and the 'Bad Ass' movie to even ? out depending on filming schedule.

Him being a box office draw helps the studio as well ($$$)

That shows range as an actor
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Inglorious Basterds is QTs best fim since Pulp Fiction. With the exception of Jackie Brown, his movies are always good to watch. This wont be no different.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread should be official Django Unchained Thread.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black people go out n support this ? cuz judging by the comments on YT, this got White folks pretty riled up. Anyway this looks dope as well

damn near every film with a blacke person/s in the lead role gets white riled up