michael steele is done

Options
earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
The Daily Caller's Jonathan Strong has basically won the morning with a story about RNC Chairman Michael Steele's lavish lifestyle on the road. Strong reports that Steele "once raised the possibility of using party money to buy a private jet for his travel," and has run up some substantial tabs at some of our nation's nicest hotels. But if you ask me, he sort of buried the lede... probably strategically! Because look what awaits you in paragraph six:

Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at ? West Hollywood, a ? -themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.
Oh, wow, awesome. Note that Strong's done his due diligence on the amount spent. As of this writing, ? 's website is not loading, probably because every single staff member of the Democratic National Committee is currently on the site, looking for images of Steele in the champagne room. But check out some of the Yelp testimonials:

The girl at the door sent us in right away and told us to go to a table by the bar and get some free Champagne. Seriously. This club is amazing. There are topless "dancers" acting out ? scenes throughout the night on one of the side stages, there's a half-naked girl hanging from a net across the ceiling and at one point I walked to the bathroom and pretty much just stopped dead in my tracks to watch two girls simulating oral sex in a glass case.

Really understated elegance here.

Also, Lindsay Lohan was at our table at one point.

One cannot overstate the understated elegance!

Other relatively recent reviews testify to ? being something of a "velvet rope" type of place -- more a haven for celebrities to dip their toes into some sanitized version of outre culture than an out-and-out ? club. Like a Ruby Tuesday of gothic sex at which you might see Mickey Rourke.

Strong focuses primarily on Steele in his article, noting that he declined requests for an interview. He reports a fair share of off-the-record, internecine disgruntlement, however:

Complaints, almost always expressed off the record, have been bitter. "This is not somebody who is out recruiting candidates," said an aide who worked closely with Steele. "He is not meeting with donors. He's not asking for money. The guy is writing his book or doing his speaking gigs, or whatever the hell else he fills his days with. Those are his priorities."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/? -west-hollywood-mic_n_516903.html

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well i hope the lapdog finally gets put outto pasture.. ? sell out..they were using his ? anyway.. but how is he done.. this is probably right where they want him.. guess we will see soon enough.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WOAT choice to run the party. why would they think they could appeal to black people by making a ? the figurehead.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    WOAT choice to run the party. why would they think they could appeal to black people by making a ? the figurehead.

maybe because they needed a quick black fix and ONLY a ? would WANT to be the figurehead of the republican party?
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He was a ? because he never addressed and spoke out on issues.. that a person of his stature should have.. he was dead silent on those.. while bolstering the republican talking point when he or them saw fit.. as the chairman of course thats part of his job however.. but he was a party dog.. who never spoke apart from the choir
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he has secured ? of the decade
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he's not "done" in the sense that they'll toss him out; an aide is going to be the person (correct or not) that gets slammed for this. but i doubt he'll remain the chairman for another term
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    he's not "done" in the sense that they'll toss him out; an aide is going to be the person (correct or not) that gets slammed for this. but i doubt he'll remain the chairman for another term
    Agreed..

He was nothing more than window dressing.. a republican affirmative action hire/seat filler.. shudder the thought.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He was nothing more than window dressing.. a republican affirmative action hire/seat filler.. shudder the thought.
    actually, i don't think this is completely true; he was lieutenant governor of a strongly Democratic state and he had a serious (but probably always doomed) run at the Senate seat there. but i think he's disappointed because if nothing else, he's been unable to prevent his term from being full of this kind of nonsense.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He was actually good for their party and tried to get them to pull more young and minorities in. He was just drowned out because he's black and was only supposed to be a figure head. Not actually in charge of anything FOR REAL.

He came in there and actually tried to do something and they was like, "if you dont sit your black ass down, BOY....."
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and sat he did..

Right in the chair on the stage... talkin bout they dont call me Steele for nothin
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Steele is not done, mostly because the Republican Party does not want to risk looking like racists by firing him. In the age of Obama, people have to be very careful about race, especially Republicans. To fire Steele now would make the Republicans look like an even more white only club, which is EXACTLY the image the GOP does not want to have (anymore). Because of Obama, the GOP is going to keep Michael around for awhile, but once Obama is done, Steele's black ass will be worthless to the Rush Limbaugh party, and he'll be sent his own way.

In short, Steele is in serious trouble but is not done yet.....I give him a few more years at least. If Obama gets re-elected though, Steele will definitely be gone. What good is a ? if he can't beat another ? ?
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Steele was merely a puppet anyway. I don’t ever remember the right having problems with money to begin with.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

he definitely isn't getting another term
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Steele is a complete joke the republicans had him as the speaker cuz he's black and they want to remove the racial stereotype that blacks anit republicans. What's funny is how he's getting ? on not only for the left but by people in his own party. I think he is done too, too much bad ? been in the news about his ass.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Shows how fake / desparate / sloppy their party is.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Shows how fake / desparate / sloppy their party is.

Them people are so out of touch with reality it's mind boggling.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He is not a ? .

He is an Uncle Tom. But ? ? Nah

The coo... er um brother was done when he cracked the hip hop, fried chicken, collard green quip at his appointment.

Him, Armweak Williams,Ward Tommelly, etc have all tapped into the most profitable of ? leadership ideologue positions. The Black conservative. They are the flip side of the ? question coin. Both are funded by white people. Only difference is one tells white people how bad black people got it and the other tells white people how bad black people are.

Black people are better served by Black conservatives though. Even though they operate from the wrong spirit and are oft times hypocritical , they do say things black people should take to heart. They just spend there time saying it to white people
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dude was a joke from the jump
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options