Does ? /any form of religion have a place in todays society?

Options
2»

Comments

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Once a Sign comes that proves Revelations of what was previously unexplainable the world will have new religos and sects.

With all this Technlogy, the world will have to Face the Reality of Reincarnation when people begin to be born and finding pictures and youtube videos of themselves in their past lives with a different name and family all re arranged.

Peope are waiting on Jesus but fail to realize that Jesus was Elijah and before that Mel(something), point I'm trying to make is everytime Jesus Reincarnated he didn't have the same name. He came with a different name.

Thats really about every man based on their own Karma. We all come back with different names, re arranged family members and pretty much no real recollection of your past life and if you do recall it, that your own personal blessing.

The thing is this, you an't reach everyone and ? knows whom he gives Guidance to as he is the best knower.

Neither Christianity, Islam or Judaism teach reincarnation. Neither does Buddhism, in the way that you explained it, which is probably where you got that from considering you mentioned Karma. Buddhism teaches that there is no enduring soul, so your type of reincarnation is not possible. Buddhism explains that energy is not destroyed in the death of a human body. The energies that make up the body together create the illusion of a permanent self but there is no such thing. Karma, simply put, is volition. The law of cause and effect. You should study these things before you attempt to teach them to people who don't know. Besides, your argument is flawed, anyway. The world population is increasing so how would reincarnation work? Where are the new souls coming from? And if reincarnation is correct, then why introduce the idea of heaven and hell and eternal punishment or reward? CONTRADICTION

P.S. Reincarnation does not prove the existance of a ?

Wrong. Jesus Clearly states he was not John the Baptist but that he was Elijah reincarnated and before Elijah he was someoneelse as well.

He alludes to reincarnation when he says one first must taste death to appreciate the gift of the afterlife.

Where I got it from is my culture. I'm Sudanese like Thuthmosis, Menes, Half of the 12th Dynasty of Sudan, like the Bisharin of Aswan, thats what we believe, we believe in Reincarnation.

We believe things like a family member may be born again as there own Great Grandson or nephew. They will look the same, behave the same and basically carry the same personality and talents. The talents are truly what proves itm, because talent and skill produce great works. Yet they will not remember, it's rare that they remember.If they do it's usually as a child they remember.

Now The Bible whether you accept it or not is from my people.Blood wise, It's talking about the Black people from the Sudan, Egypt, and Libya and what is now Ethiopia....now I don't believe all the characters to be true people but inspired by true people, the truest part of the bible is it's lessons.

Reincarnation, Ressurection, Day of Judgement.

Except for Hell. Hell is some new created ? , People then Believed in Sheol.

Through my own observation of spiritual matters I believe Ressurection preceeds reincarnation.

Let me not get off track, I study Islam but I haven't tgot to that point of Reincarnation in Islam yet but in the Bible the only person whom speaks of this is Jesus who is said to be and claims to be Elijah.

Hare Krishna also would preach Reincarnation.

Also I am not ? so I'm perfectly fine in saying I don't know how reincarnation works but I have witnessed it more than once and I know people who have pictures of themselves from a previous life as A War vet or as a Painter. I've seen it non famous and Famous.

And no I won't prove it to you, the famous cases just youtube that ? , believe it or not is your perogative. The ? I seen in my daily life is my blessing, I was deserving to see it cause I believed in this kind of ? since I was a kid for no other reason other than it's in my blood to believe in it.

One thing I got from the Quran that I believe is , you can't reach everyone. ? knows whom he gives guidance to. I been knowing these things since I was a kid. Thats usually who remembers their past lives anyways kids. I came into more informationa and knowledge as a man.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wrong. Jesus Clearly states he was not John the Baptist but that he was Elijah reincarnated and before Elijah he was someoneelse as well.

Provide a Bible verse at least. The story of Jesus (or Christianity as a whole, actually) doesn't make any sense if we throw reincarnation into it.

He alludes to reincarnation when he says one first must taste death to appreciate the gift of the afterlife.

How does this allude to reincarnation and not simply an afterlife in heaven as Christianity actually teaches?

Where I got it from is my culture. I'm Sudanese like Thuthmosis, Menes, Half of the 12th Dynasty of Sudan, like the Bisharin of Aswan, thats what we believe, we believe in Reincarnation.

We believe things like a family member may be born again as there own Great Grandson or nephew. They will look the same, behave the same and basically carry the same personality and talents. The talents are truly what proves itm, because talent and skill produce great works. Yet they will not remember, it's rare that they remember.If they do it's usually as a child they remember.

I respect your beliefs. Interesting, but I would like to know the details on why you're convinced that reincarnation is true. Are the children actually remembering past lives on their own or does your culture pressure them into saying they do to satisfy tradition?

Now The Bible whether you accept it or not is from my people.Blood wise, It's talking about the Black people from the Sudan, Egypt, and Libya and what is now Ethiopia....now I don't believe all the characters to be true people but inspired by true people, the truest part of the bible is it's lessons.

Most believers in the Bible think it was written by and for their own people. Not surprising.

Through my own observation of spiritual matters I believe Ressurection preceeds reincarnation.

Please explain why you believe this. Genuine question. Not trying to antagonize you.
    Also I am not ? so I'm perfectly fine in saying I don't know how reincarnation works but I have witnessed it more than once and I know people who have pictures of themselves from a previous life as A War vet or as a Painter. I've seen it non famous and Famous.

How do you know the people in the pictures are who the presenter of the pictures say they are? I could give you a picture of anybody and tell you that was me in my past life. How would you know I was telling the truth, or how would you know if I were lying?
    And no I won't prove it to you, the famous cases just youtube that ? , believe it or not is your perogative. The ? I seen in my daily life is my blessing, I was deserving to see it cause I believed in this kind of ? since I was a kid for no other reason other than it's in my blood to believe in it.

Could you post the youtube videos?

You believed in it since you were a kid for no other reason other than it's in your blood? Does that mean you have experienced proof of reincarnation first hand or do you believe because it's tradition? Because you were brought up to believe in it? Much like the children you mentioned earlier..
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe in a force of life and energy or Ether, but not a man in the sky checking us once checking us twice like Santa.Religion will never die because it's too deep rooted.

There's actually no more scientific or tangible proof that ? ,as ppl vision it is real than the Smurfs or X man.

We will never all read and be analogical so there will always be religion, but sometimes we need it because ppl need order and get bored and start doing crazy ? unchecked.I except the fact that we don't really know anything.

The more you look into ? for real open minded you may not like what you find

• edwardnigma
    Options
    Jaded my man, I believe you should pick up a bible and just read it for yourself by yourself.

You don't have to believe but atleast you will be familiar with what I am saying. I will not provide the verses for you.

Go and read it, you may come out with a different persective then me but you will at the very least know what I am talking about.

One thing I ill get into is why I believe the Ressurection preceeds Reincarnation.

Please understand this about me first, I do not share my opinion with a pastor preacher or church. I dont even go to church but I know my ? better then many church goers.

Another thing if you read the Bible you will Notice Jesus is not Christian and has no art in Christianity. Nor is Jesus and his desciples on the same page, they are constantly misunderstanding what he is saying.

Thats why I stress to people to read it themselves.

Back on subject. I believe Ressurection preceeds Reincarnation because when Jesus Rose from the Dead his body was not Dense...it was clear seethrough even. It was closer to how you would envision a ghost or spirit or a dreamlike existence.

This is what I believe will happen when all of us Die, we will be Ressurrected in this form and judged by ? .

After Judgement based on our Karma I believe some will be assigned a new life if need be while the Righteous among us will be able to choose a new existence for themselves. Reincarnated to a new life, new body, new family, future time, but same person,same soul.

This is my belief.
  • edwardnigma
    Options
    I'ma also say this my mother doesnt believe in this kind of thing but I do, when I was a kid I use to tell family members I been here before, they would look at me like wtf?

Then they brought me to church and I told them I did not believe in what was being said to me and I rebelled.

Then when I was 12 I read a book called Heaven a History and boom, I seen my beliefs being written down.

There has been more but you have to be close to me for me to show you physical things. I don't feel comfortable showing personal physical things, but others hav shared ? I dont share. Which Is why I said youtube it.

Also I wasn't brougt up to believe in it, they tried to bring me up catholic but I wasn' going for it. I was a strong minded boy with a very close connection to ? because I would wish for things and get it. I don't mean toys I mean wish for deep things.

It's like Jesus says, your family will not always understand and the Quran states you will not be able to reach everyone you love.

It's hard to reach people who are very materialistic and caught up in the rat race.

I show my grandma things because she knows our History, we put the pieces to the puzzle together.

She told me Her father was into this and it's amazing that I'm into it. BUt I knew somebody was into it ecause they named one of my Uncles a very important name. I saw it as a sign.

It's complicated man.

Jaded I appreciate you not trying to play me, I'm just expressing myself, I don't have all the answers and the ones I do I'm still tryng to sort out. But as far as the pictures heres a story that happened.

"I got a friend who had a pic that he showed me, he didn't say it was him but he said it was his Uncle that died then his niece came in and asked him if that was him in the pic (? looks just like him) he toldher no, but when we talked about it hesaid he didnt want to be weird around his niece but he thought it was himself and he got the same character traits as the Uncle"
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    OF COURSE ? IS RELEVANT TODAY, YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW...

TECHNOLOGY IS SIMPLY MAN MADE AND CAN FAIL AT ANYTIME.. WHY WOULD YOU PLACE ALL OF YOUR FAITH IN MAN? YOU KNOW HOW SHADY, GREEDY AND SELFISH WE CAN BE...

? DOESNT NEED TO UPDATE NOTHING, HIS WORD/THE BIBLE DOESNT CHANGE, CAUSE THE TRUTH DOESNT CHANGE.

You really believe this of the Bible or any religious book for that matter?

BIBLE, YES.. OTHER RELIOUS BOOKS, DONT KNOW.

NOW, THERE S A DIFFERENCE IN ? CHANGIN HIS MIND VS. MAN ACTUALLY CHANGING THE BIBLE TO DECIEVE PEOPLE

So how do you know you got Gods version and not mans?

Dro you know before the Bible came into publication it was hand copied over and over...So you mean to tell me with all good intentions as Jesus Christ followers may have had nothing was changed? We can't even get IC myths straight but these cats kept it 100?

From what I remember you go to a church that uses the New Testament right? So nothing changed from the Old Testament? This is a serious question too.

I GO TO A CHURCH THAT USES THE WHOLE BIBLE.. NOT JUST 1 TESTAMENT.

AND I CAN NOT 100% SURELY SAY THAT THE BIBLE HAS NOT BEEN TAMPERED WITH.. IM SURE PEOPLE HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ALTER THE TRUTH AS THEY ALWAYS DO..SO AT THE END OF THE DAY, ALL I CAN DO IS 1. PRAY TO ? , 2. HAVE FAITH, AND 3. HAVE DISCERNMENT.

THE TEACHING AND PROPHECY'S OF THE BIBLE ARE REVILED ON A DAILY BASIS TO BE TRUE. SO THAT IS WHAT I WILL STICK WITH.

IF THIS IS A BIBLE THAT WAS INSPIRED AND WRITEN BY MAN, IT WOULD HAVE SOOOOOOO MANY UPGRADES THAT IT WOULD BE REDICULOUS

So does talking through your hands telepathically to your invisible friend who watches you ? of really work? Does your weird creepy friend make your wishes come through. Does your invisible friend talk back to you? Do you actually believe in ? births because I think that hoe Mary is a liar. Do you believe a man put 2 of every animal onto every boat? If you believe this you need a therapist.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    Everything's so advanced yet millions die daily of disease and starvation? When man can create food and water and end world hunger then we can talk about not having a need for ? .

The only people I see that make time for ? are those who actually believe in him, not hypocrites that get drugged up and fornicate throughout the week or old people afraid of their chickens coming home to roost.

Since you think we have "evolved" past a need for ? I'll ask you then why are we not able to bring back the dead or stop the aging process all-together?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad I didn't make this topic! lol

But as of right now it does, it won't always though. In about 100-150 years I think we'll be so advanced we'll know there is no ? . We'll know this because we will have surpassed ? , we will be gods.

Right now we have technology but we still haven't found peace within ourselves. We need to find ourselves in order to find that. It won't be until we can technologically advance more. We're too caught up in ? , the petty things in life. Once we can live at peace without war, we can surpass religion and leave it in the history books. In order for a civilization to find peace, advancement, and immortality we need to be at peace with all life. This means understanding nature and science more, and not just those who are engineers, scientists, biologists etc...

Look at all our advancements, look at the ancients. They believed it rained because their ? (s) were pleased. We know it doesn't rain because they're pleased but because there's water vapor in the clouds and it rains once those get heavy. We know that earthquakes happen because of tectonic plates, not because ? is mad. In 100-200 years we'll know 5000x what we do now. The answer for life will be there. We're nearing one right now called the "? particle". We'll explain things unexplainable today and know/realize there's no need for a ? in any of this.

I know we will leave all this religious mumbo jumbo out the windows one day.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Everything's so advanced yet millions die daily of disease and starvation? When man can create food and water and end world hunger then we can talk about not having a need for ? .

? obviously isn't handling any of that because people continue to die every day lacking basic necessities.

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man can do everything a ? can do..starvation, drought and majority of all medical illness has a cure..its about population control..
  • supaman4321
    Options
    the resources are here people hoard them don't be ignorant and blame ? . And man can do everything ? can do...really...so you can will anything into existence?

did you think this through before you posted?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    Fam u really think supernatural ? is real? You call yourself superman but believe in a ? ? Hypocricy at its finest..hollywood got u thinkin will into existence is automatic..any and everything will, has been and is happening right now based off of will..don't give me that ? ..this thread existed before and after the ? ill community..
  • Bodhi
    Options
    When man can create food and water and end world hunger...
    ...the resources are here

Exactly. So we don't need a ? to do those things. And if we did need one and one existed, then obviously that ? who could exist is not helping us to end those things because like you said, people die every day from the lack thereof

• edwardnigma
    Options
    Theres no ? because we will be Gods?

This doesn't even make sense. You are trying to be so intellectual that you sound foolish.

Thats like saying their is no such thing as life because we are living....it just doesn't make sense what you are saying, its truly nonsense.

You can become a ? because this is what ? the creator has allowed and prepared for us.

And man Can not do everything ? can do, you/we don't even know everything ? can do.

Whenever people try to go around ? or put themselves on the same level, it just shows ignorance and arrogance.
  • VIBE
    Options

This doesn't even make sense. You are trying to be so intellectual that you sound foolish.

Thats like saying their is no such thing as life because we are living....it just doesn't make sense what you are saying, its truly nonsense.

You can become a ? because this is what ? the creator has allowed and prepared for us.

And man Can not do everything ? can do, you/we don't even know everything ? can do.

Whenever people try to go around ? or put themselves on the same level, it just shows ignorance and arrogance.

? supposedly cannot be touched on any level, back in the day ? was the only one who could: heal, judge, predict, bring back the dead, etc..

We're doing all that today, if they were to see us now we'd be considered devils. We're not suppose to be on the same level or surpass him, if you look at technology today, you'll see we're there. ? isn't "all knowing" any longer, computers are. Anything you need to know you type into google or bling, there you have it, the answer.

We are gods, therefore we don't need one. ? is jealous and salty as ? anyway, he would've struck us down a long time ago. The ? didn't even want the Tower of Babel being built, yet he's cool with computers and ? ? LMAO
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options

nothing like it-there is proof of us
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I have more proof there isn't a ? than you have proof there is one..faith isn't proof, its a personal choice..

We can argue this until the end of time..sum ppl need to have a belief in ? bcuz that belief provides them with a false sense of security and sum ppl refuse to believe in anything other than the power and ? within themselves for security..

If ? is to be classified as anything, it would be energy..other than that, religion is a constitution of submission and subservience to those that weild control of that religion..

Do I think the ? concept is fading? Yes I do..

Knowing simple manners and practicing them can accomplish the same goal religion teaches..loving thy neighbor and doing what's considered the right thing..don't need a bible for that and many are realizing that..
  • VIBE
    Options
    Do I think the ? concept is fading? Yes I do..

It is, in the next 100 years ? will be one of those silly myths people laugh about, "they believed that? lol"
  • supaman4321
    Options
    When man can create food and water and end world hunger...
    ...the resources are here

Exactly. So we don't need a ? to do those things. And if we did need one and one existed, then obviously that ? who could exist is not helping us to end those things because like you said, people die every day from the lack thereof

You need ? to make you feed a poor person?

Get real, ? put EVERYTHING that we will ever need here it's on us to do the right thing with it. Tell me brother how many starving children have you fed (your community i don't care about Africa for this point), how much of your money have you given in charity? It's easy to blame ? for the way things are with the world because we don't like to take responsibility for our actions( or lack thereof), but it's cool. ? is well aware of the sustenance He's given to all of his slaves. The point of interest should be are you prepared to answer for what you've done with your time and wealth? Take account of yourself before you're taken account of akhi.

"(The righteous are those) who feed the poor, the orphan and the captive for the love of ? , saying: 'We feed you for the sake of ? Alone; we seek from you neither reward nor thanks.'" - The Holy Quran, 76:8-9

`My dear son! Even if your deeds be so small that it can be compared to a mustard seed, which is hidden in a rock or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed Allah is Subtle, Aware". (Surah Luqman, 31:17).
  • Bodhi
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So it's up to humanity to take care of humanity. In other words, Humanism.

I agree; it's easy to blame ? for misfortune and it's easy to credit ? for fortune. I do neither.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    supaman your stupid nobody blames ? when thry dont believe in him in tge 1st place...
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always room for ? where there is need for faith, and no it is not easy to just have faith in the human race or oneself because you know that there has already been and will be times when you can not do a thing to help yourself or your soul.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the things I question the most is the fact that there are 2 testaments. Why would ? need a revised edition, as if he didnt get it right the 1st time. Then destroying the world by water to start civilization over. Being all knowing wouldnt that be a waste of Gods time. I believe in a creator , and personally dont believe any man written text, bible, quaran, tora, is the word of ? . There are way too many contradictions in the bible for anyone who can think logically not to question it.
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    As long as people feel like they CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES, There will Always be a Great Deal of People who Prefer to be Sheep & Thus There will Always be a Place for a ? in Society