HOF or FOH i want that ring

13»

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ray Allen is average"

What an idiot.

And to answer the thread, in a team sport, being known as one of the best is way more important than a ring. You can be the very best player in the league and be in a bad situation or just get unlucky and never win a ring.

Its been said over and over in this thread. Easy question.

• locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Average is a dude that has played in 10 all-star games? That's average to you?

In context, yes. Ray Allen has never been a top 10 player in the league. ? , he's never even been top 15. In his prime he was probably a top 20 player in the league at best, and let's be honest dude was always a step below his peers.

The only time he flourished was when he was on the ? ass Bucks or Supersonics. When he went to the Celtics aka a contender, he quickly got moved to that 3rd position.

In brief, Ray Allen won't really be remembered past his generation. In 30 years, he'll be one of those guys who people say was a good shooter. Not a good player, a good shooter and that's it.
    rofl @ Ray Allen being average did u watch him play on the Sonics nd Bucks or did u start watchin him when he was a 3rd option on da Celtics?

Exactly. He was the 3rd option on a contending/championship team. Any half decent player can play on a ? squad and get off, but it takes a great player to LEAD his team to a championship (or at least the Finals).
    The Bucks and Sonic weren't garbage teams. Prime Allen with Cassell and Glen Robinson led the Bucks to the 2001 Eastern Conference Final. And the Sonic had a decent playoff squad. Ray before his tenure in Boston, was a definite all-star. Dude average more than 20 points a game in 9 straight season. And you call that average ?
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray Allen is going to the HOF

That ain't average bruh
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LT is a sore loser...

HOF = individual
    ring = team

selfish ass POV on this 1
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Shuttlesworth. That is all.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Ray smashed Rosario Dawson while shooting "He Got Game"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    aone415 wrote: »
    I'd rather be an ALL TIME Great... I mean at the end of the day people will always remember who you are ala Barkley, Marino, T.O., Earl Campbell, Bonds, etc. Those dudes are immortals in their respective sports, is Trent Dilfer?
    read my post.All time great = ring + HOF.As for Dilfer,the fact that we still talk about him makes him have a place in history because he has a ring.

Yeah we talk about him for the wrong reasons. Like people throw his name out there to make a point.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LT's comments do explain why he was always actin like a lil ? in the playoffs.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Perkins has a ring... 10 years from now, only Boston fans will know that
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Average to me is someone like a Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen, etc. Not Ray Allen.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hall of Fame

nobody respects Luke Walton and his rings
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you Barkley would give back that MVP to have a ring.

There's a reason why the top 10-15 basketball players are all in the positions they are in, and it isn't entirely because of their stats.

Riddle me this, would Jordan be considered the greatest of all time if he never won a ring?