Will You Be Indicted if You Killed Someone for Spitting in Your Baby's Face?

Options
Jeezyfan4ever
Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I thought the case in Texas brought up some interesting questions. We all know spitting is illegal, but what if someone walked by your baby and intentionally spit in his or her face, and walked away? Your first reaction would be to hurt this person very badly, but what if you accidentally killed him in a beat down? What precisely would be the difference in this case as opposed to the case in Texas, where a father killed a ? for molesting his daughter? What if you were just a passerby and saw this and killed the perp? Neither situation warrants deadly force, even if one did involve physical assault of some kind to a small child. It would seem to me that you would be immediately indicted and sent to jail, especially if the deceased was a white man instead of a mexican day worker. Isn't that really the only difference? Let's be honest. I'm glad the ? is dead, but this case would appear to have set a very weird precedent in my opinion.

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok so.... Are you talking about spiting in a kids face or ? cause your post is everywhere.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh yah.. but

Spitting is tantamount to a beatdown if you die from your injuries so be it..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The difference is that guy caught the other man in the act of molesting his daughter and killed him in the ensuing confrontation. In your scenario, the attack was done and the attacker was leaving. So your actions were not defense, they were retribution. You'd probably catch a relatively light charge but you'd be indicted.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    man all i know that person could have been sick and that spit could have gotten in that baby's mouth which could have cause serious illness to that baby.

would be my story to the judge
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man all i know that person could have been sick and that spit could have gotten in that baby's mouth which could have cause serious illness to that baby.

would be my story to the judge

That's fine, and it might work if you killed the person before or as they were spitting. If you ? them after the deed is done, you would be indicted. It's just that simple.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    there's lots of things that are done to kids. ? that fortune 500 companies do that are just as bad (to me anyway) as ? ? . but for some reason, the only justifiable reason to defend your child is when sex is involved. i remember those hidden cam videos about the sitters beating kids throwing food in their face etc but its no where near as badly looked upon as ? . fda knows that companies are purposely drugging babies with that infant formula nonsense but no one calls for their head. ? is just one of many forms of child abuse, they should bunch all that 1st degree child abuse into one.
    and to answer thread, spitting on a childs face offensively leading to the perpetrators death would not be "prosecutable" in my court of law
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ pedophilla "not warranting deadly force"

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    spit on my daughter ? and you coming up missing
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR