SO who are the real cowards?

heyslick
heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
edited June 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy

I found this video to be poignant - do most of you agree or disagree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlAI-t-5t3g

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    video is racist
  • heyslick
    OK

So just wanting 2 talk about racism makes me a racist? - WOW! OH well atleast I'm not a coward.
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of it made sense and I wouldn't call it racist its just being real, I think the real cowards are the people who act like this ? doesn't happen.
  • heyslick
    Trockm wrote: »
    A lot of it made sense and I wouldn't call it racist its just being real, I think the real cowards are the people who act like this ? doesn't happen.

I've tried so many times to discuss race issues within this site & either get called racist for just wanting the topic to be discussed or I get ignored. I never realized how much dormant hatred is still in the minds of so many black folks of today & I'm saddened by those who continue to perpetuate that mindset onto the black youth of today. It just seems to be endless and some black people will NEVER be grateful for a damn thing...period.

• Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    heyslick wrote: »
    Trockm wrote: »

I've tried so many times to discuss race issues within this site & either get called racist for just wanting the topic to be discussed or I get ignored. I never realized how much dormant hatred is still in the minds of so many black folks of today & I'm saddened by those who continue to perpetuate that mindset onto the black youth of today. It just seems to be endless and some black people will NEVER be grateful for a damn thing...period.

Honestly how long can (some black) people keep blaming society for everything thats wrong, its not like you don't have the tools to better yourself, people are just lazy and don't wanna work for ? . We have it soo much better than our grandparents and parents did, you don't have to just be good at sports to make something out of yourself. The people that probably ignore it are the ones who think the world is against them.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept of "race" is an illusion and outdated concept. If your white your ancestors had albinism and came from Africa but migrated north to escape the sun. Less and less people are worried about this race stuff as time progresses because its kinda hard to have your life right when your thinkin bout nonsense that means nothing to you.
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Another white person crying about "reverse racism"....

shakes_no.gif
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is that whenever a black person defends themself, they are considered a racist? Most people dont even know what real racism is.
  • heyslick
    *sigh*

Another white person crying about "reverse racism"....

shakes_no.gif

If you truly believe that,then you're part of the problem IE you perpetuate that mindset - so in your little world taking-on responsibility's & appreciating what many have done for you and yours & what this country affords you will never be on equal terms - so wallowing in that mindset is acceptable & crying wolf constantly hasn't gotten old in this cruel old world? IMO today black people can whine and snivel constantly and cry racism endlessly - yet you don't see any negativity in that logic. How about this logic

"Ask not what your country can do for you,but what you can do for your country" America doesn't owe people a great life.

• heyslick
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    Why is that whenever a black person defends themself, they are considered a racist? Most people dont even know what real racism is.

SAY WHAT!? never heard that mentioned before - BUT you can take this to the bank - if said white person doesn't walk around black people on egg shells, they'll get accused of racism for just looking at a black person the wrong way. Take for example ME even bringing this topic up - the endless innuendos and claims of bigotry just for wanting 2 talk about it - WOW

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • heyslick
    major pain wrote: »
    file.png

If just talking about-it is wrong? I don't wanna be right - therefore you're the one who's truly wrong. Who's zooming who?

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flaw in this video is that to be real every white person in America knows this is their country deep in their heart.

You and I know what our positions are in the American system.

yeah you could be a loser and I could be a motivated worker and I may get far but, you got the complexion for the protection.

There is affirmative action because w/out it there would be no blacks at those jobs because the ppl who hire hire friends and peers who look like them 99% of the time.

Why do you idiots come on this site?Go play in traffic
  • heyslick
    loch121 wrote: »
    The flaw in this video is that to be real every white person in America knows this is their country deep in their heart.

yeah you could be a loser and I could be a motivated worker and I may get far but, you got the complexion for the protection.

There is affirmative action because w/out it there would be no blacks at those jobs because the ppl who hire hire friends and peers who look like them 99% of the time.

So ^^ U ^^ know it all types speak for all white people - listen-up and learn something.

"The only things worth learning are the things you learn after you know it all"

_ Harry S Truman -

Y are you so cowardly to talk about issues like what I brought up? are you and yours gonna whine until the day you die? Are you thankful for anything? who' oppressing you and stopping you from achieving success in this country? your life? Some wanna know because that tune is getting mighty old.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't watch the video; don't have time for your foolishness.

Now, please kindly.........

[IMG]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/michaelvj50/rhonj-jaq-? .gif[/IMG]
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video wasn't racist. I do agree that the US has many cowards unable to openly discuss. But it's usually white people that like to run from it.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord Ether wrote: »

then what is real racism ?
  • Fred G. Sanford
    Fred G. Sanford Members Posts: 17
    The video was racist as it mixed fact and opinion throughout the video and never did it present the opinions as opinions but still treated those as facts. It also represented a very slanted view of the problems in this country and treated it like there wasn't a racist problem when people know that there is one. Using silly justifications such as affirmative action and hiring policies in corporate America as a way to make it seem like whites are being victimized and forced to hire less qualified people to fill a quota when in actuality there could be many minorities in corporate America that are the most qualified for positions but are still overlooked because their color isn't the right one for promoting and representing the corporation.

I'm guessing the threadstarter is an idiot reject from the Social Lounge that wanted to post an obviously racist video in G&S instead of in the Race and Religion forum where it belonged because he knew that anyone in the proper forum would recognize the flaws in the video immediately. He's not looking for a discussion on Race as the video isn't a discussion on race nor was it made to spark a discussion on race. The video is nothing more than propaganda made to make whites seem as if they're being victimized by the system and to make minorities appear to be whiners and complainers.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Y'all just mad about the fact that race is one of the only double standards that benefits black people. White people need to just shut the ? up and deal with it.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always when discussin' race...the video was generalisin' like a mu'? ...If you're born in the ghetto you're automatically at a disadvantage...that much is clear and obvious...You have the tools to get out, but your name is LaQuisharian Johnson, you have no father, you go to a school fulla like-named ? with no fathers, live in an area where everyone is as disadvantaged as you, its only understandable if you follow suit and become a lowlife degenerate like your mother...People break out of social conventions and expectations all the time...But to ignore these low-expectations is ignorant...
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Video was on point.
  • Lord Ether
    Well the root of racism is economics. Racism is a a group phenomenon. Racism is when one group of people keep wealth and resources out the hands of another group of people. Prejudice on the other hand is when you make a preconcieved judgement. For example I could be prejudice for some vanilla icecream. If a black were to call a white person a ? that would also be considered prejudiced. If you look at the root of the word racism you see the word race. Well what exactly is the race? The race is to see which group of people can get the most resoure I.e, who can become more economically superior. When it comes to the race of the races blacks are in last place. During slavery it was a race to see which nation could have the most slaves and build a prosperous colony. Ofcourse the definition of racism has went through changes. First it was economical, then it becaume religious with scripture supporting it, and finally it became scientific with the theory of social darwinism.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    ^^^^^ that explains all the poor redneck racist.

Wait. No it doesn't.
  • Lord Ether
    ^^ A poor redneck can only be more so prejudice. He might be able to call someone a ? , but that's all he can do. Now if he had the power to make me lose my job or not be able to feed my family then he would be a real racist. Like I said racism is a group phenomenom and only those with real power can be racist.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    heyslick wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »

So ^^ U ^^ know it all types speak for all white people - listen-up and learn something.

"The only things worth learning are the things you learn after you know it all"

_ Harry S Truman -

Y are you so cowardly to talk about issues like what I brought up? are you and yours gonna whine until the day you die? Are you thankful for anything? who' oppressing you and stopping you from achieving success in this country? your life? Some wanna know because that tune is getting mighty old.

Because there is nothing to talk about.I can't expect sympathy from another man about my personal life so I can't expect sympathy from white ppl about black's collective situation.

We already are at a lack of communication because you are under the assumption that racism against blacks is a myth or want to believe that.

You can't help black ppl so you have no voice here.

How can I expect help from my oppressors?Black ppl have to get ourselves together ourselves