When should a person start thinking about settling down?

NIKE...
NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I aint gettin any younger and i'm tired of smash and dash with these hoes..

Im ready to settle down and start a family or at least seriously commit to a chick..problem is, i dont trust these hoes and most importantly i dont trust myself..i dont want to get involved with a chick then once shes all wrapped up in it, i hav3 a change of heart and go back 2 bangin random ? ..

what do you think is the right age to settle down? then once i decide on who to settle down with, i still have years of trust issues (no drake) to work through..didnt worry about trusting a broad before bcuz i didnt care..now that i'm ready to retire the jersey, im paranoid like muthafuccah..

Comments

• Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no specific age, it depends on the person. It could be 40 for one person and 18 for the next person. Just depends on where you're at in your life.

I feel like I've always been ready to "Settle down" and I'm only 19.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Whenever you know you're not gonna act upon your urge to ? other women.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    george clooney 4 life
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Not when, IF, they decide to.

It seems like you already have. As long as ya' chick feel the same, shouldn't really matter.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    george clooney 4 life
    George clooney has been married before and said he will never do it again.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    george clooney 4 life
    George clooney has been married before and said he will never do it again.
    thnx ms. Info
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever u feel ur ready. Can't place a specific age limit on it. For most men I'd think around 30 is optimal if u want an answer to the question though. I personally have no issues w/ marriage itself...it's the ? divorce & child support laws I donte agree w/. A ? taking an L in the courtroom if it don't work out.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking around my 30's too..financially i'm not where i wanna be but im at a decent place right now..never really focused on one chick before, so i know temptation gonna be a ? ..i dont want to be one of them old ? , tricking off for ? but trying to disquise it by sayin "i'm a bachelor"..idk its sumthin pathetic about a old dude that hasnt established himself a family..
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    financial stability.
    longevity.
    what your looking in a woman, is a woman who makes a good mother/woman that also has the same mindset.
    your ability to provide.
    parental skills.
    Shelter, in terms of family... are you thinking about getting a house?
    Infidelity, not only for yourself either.
    Children.

lastly, if this is something you really want...
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not really a time thing, dont be afraid to get your feet wet and fall on your face its the only way you will learn young.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been settled down since 16, but I'd say a good age to really settle down would be 30-40. Big gap but between that you can settle to be more stable overall in life.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you can afford it, that ? ain't cheap.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whenever the ? u are ready. whether it be 20 or ? 45.? out here giving ages and ? , like everything is that technical.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    When you catch an incurable STD. Find a soulmate with the same disease and keep that ? quarantined.
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once them pockets lookin right...you did everything yo friends still brag about...and when you find the right one...and i guess when you got that mindset is set in stone
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the ? is t/s?
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    When you get good and gotdamn ready? You need approval for that
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old are you t/s?

You should settle when you get all the sex out your system and have your finances right and definitely make sure your girl is on the same page as you are.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    This shouldn't be based on a specific age but rather on how you feel.
    Whenever it's right and not a moment sooner.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    YOU CAN'T SETTLE DOWN WITH "GAS ON YOUR CHEST"

MEANING IF YOU STILL FEELING THAT NEED/WANT TO RIP AND RUN THE STREETS OR NET

JUST AS IMPORTANTLY A LEVEL OF RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING AND MATURITY HAS TO BE HELD
    AND MAINTAIN BY BOTH PARTIES

AND YOU CAN'T LET NO ONE FEEL MORE "SPECIAL" THAN THE ONE YOU LAY UP WITH EVERY NIGHT
    AND ITS HELP A HEEP, IF YOUR POCKETS/ CREDIT ARE LOOKING RIGHT
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    SlickestR wrote: »
    financial stability.
    longevity.
    what your looking in a woman, is a woman who makes a good mother/woman that also has the same mindset.
    your ability to provide.
    parental skills.
    Shelter, in terms of family... are you thinking about getting a house?
    Infidelity, not only for yourself either.
    Children.

lastly, if this is something you really want...

yeah all this right here, I would just add in to make sure you live with her for a while too. Get the real feel for how she handles bills and her day to day ? .

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When youre ready to settle down you will. But just cuz you settle down doesnt mean you still wont be "bangin random ? ". You just wont be chasin random ?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I dont think theres a certain time when people should start thinking about settling down. Whatever feels right for you is what you should do. I mean im 23 and been with the same girl for 2 years now. Its crazy cause I aint plan it that way, my plan was to stay single and ? as many chicks as possible till I was like 30, but I met shorty and things just progressed to what is now, and there really wasn't too much thought behind it, it just happened naturally and in a really comfortable way.