Tag Team Tournament - Judge Nominations

raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited December 2011 in Lyrical Executions
I'm not sure whether we will have another solo battle tournament or if the next tournament is going to be a tag team battle tournament or a tag team topical tournament. I need more votes and posts in this thread to determine what we do next.

But moving ahead, I think everyone should agree on the judges for the next tournament. I am hoping to find 7 this time so there can be more voting. Young-Ice, hlf, jamacia, WallH and sionb55 did a good job but they've done enough and I don't want to ask them to judge another tournament.

So the purpose of this thread is to nominate members of the IC that you'd like to be considered as a judge for the next tournament whether it is a solo or a tag team tournament. You can nominate anyone you'd like as long as they have 500 posts. You can nominate me or yourself and you can nominate more than one person. You can even nominate Young-Ice, hlf, jamacia, WallH and sionb55 to judge again but it's up to them if they want to judge again.

Then after I feel like we have enough nominations, I am going to make another thread for everyone to vote on their favorite 7. For example, pretend there is 20 members nominated before this thread closes, you will only vote on your favorite 7 of those 20 and the top 7 members that receive votes from everyone will be judges for the next tournament. That doesn't mean you have to nominate 7 members in this thread. You can nominate just yourself if you'd like.

Then after we reach our favorite 7, I will have to ask them if they can judge so it's possible one of them will pass BC it's not their thing or they don't have time. It's also possible they may not want to judge BC they will want to enter the tournament. In that case, I'll ask the next member who has the most votes if they can judge BC I am trying to find 7 judges that the majority of LE can agree on so that they feel comfortable entering tournaments and to reduce bias.

I'm thinking this process will take a few weeks, that's why I'm starting it now since we just wrapped up the 3rd solo battle tournament so drop those nominations!

Comments

• raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    I will start off the nominations by giving my own. I'm not sure if I am going to enter the next tournament so I am going to nominate myself. This guy has been absent but if I can get a hold of him, I'd like to see him as a judge so I'm going to nominate Tha Killer. Also gonna nominate tupacfan, Esco Soprano, WallH & Young-Ice.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited August 2011
    who wants to be my partner?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i want to nominate young ice cause he explained well
    i like lyrical breakdowns
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited August 2011
    i nominate onepunch as judge...
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    The judges that just did the tourney were all good IMO.......
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited August 2011
    This is going to be great tag-team tournment, waiting to see some fresh verses..like Double dragon!
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    The judges that just did the tourney were all good IMO.......

Are you nominating the 5 judges again? JW. I actually wouldn't mind them coming back. They did their thing.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    this can't be life...
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited August 2011
    Yeehaw......rumble mumble rumble..this is going to be fun!
  • deaththreats
    edited August 2011
    Are you nominating the 5 judges again? JW. I actually wouldn't mind them coming back. They did their thing.

Yeah...i think it was some close battles that could have went either way, and they did a pretty good job on 'em. Tupacfan could be a good judge too ....
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i dont mind joinin
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    nkflier23 wrote: »
    i dont mind joinin

Joining the tournament or nominating yourself as a judge?
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    if i cant be a judge then ill join the tourney
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    I'm pretty much open to either or, Judge or joining a team.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Teams should be made at random
    no stacked teams

That's a good idea but there is no way of randomizing teams. If I picked names out of a hat and my teammate turns out to be the best text battler this site has to offer, whoever that may be, people will think I'm cheating. And if thedesolateone gets the lamest teammate (if he enters), he will think I'm hating. So the best way I could think of is for everyone to find their own teammate by PMing each other or other ways of communication. I am about to wrap up nominations and we will vote on our favorite 7 then I'll ask them if they'd like to judge. If they don't want to judge BC they want to enter the tournament or another reason, I'll ask the best favorite. Whatever the case, once we have 7, sign-ups will begin. So far we have:

Raw-Material
    Tha Killer
    tupacfan
    Esco Soprano
    WallH
    Young-Ice
    onepunch
    jamacia
    sionb55
    nkflier23

I'd like at least 5-10 more nominations before we begin voting on our favorite judges. So if you don't like any of these names above, drop your nominations!
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    this is the answer

http://primaryschoolict.com/random-name-selector/

if people REALLY need that kind of assurance the name drawing process could be recorded using some sort of desktop recording ap

That's a good idea. I think I can pull that off. Maybe we can do that for the solo battle tournament selections as well.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Put me on the team ? im down for some winnin
    Catch me in the winners circle draped up n grinnin
    Wheels get to spinnin burned out all you mother ?
    Guns in yuh face make yuh ? pucker
    See a sorry sucka witha sista wanna ? her
    I just slip her somethin sick let her nurse it all summa

There's my combine performance. Somebody draft me onto a team. I'm like the young kerry collins of this rap ? .
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited August 2011
    Throw me in to battle.
  • RiGGA
    edited August 2011
    El Payaso wrote: »

There's my combine performance. Somebody draft me onto a team. I'm like the young kerry collins of this rap ? .

I hate lames wit ego's
    you came with three holes
    but I give you more when I let off four
    from a barrel longer than my ? hose
    ...no ? but she knows when he grows
    My ? ends up in ya girl mouth
    from bustin out my street clothes
    yeah ? im off the meter
    and I just ? your hoe ? I dont know how to treat her
    just lead her to Skeeter he meet her then Doug in the ?
    I see the envy in ya eye, wanna ? me you can try
    Go 'head gamble wit ya life, sudden death...do or die
  • deaththreats
    edited August 2011
    El Payaso wrote: »

This ? righ'chere............... hottest ? you wrote....funny ? ....? said young Kerry Collins.... LOL
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited September 2011
    Everyone vote! >>>> http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?263961-Tag-Team-Tournament-Judge-Voting

The tournament will start a lot quicker if everyone participates in this thread ^^
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Dam, this tournament never go started!!!
  • RiGGA
    edited December 2011
    Cuz I shut ? down...Didn't you see my thread?? I breathed life into LE and then in turn you turn your back on me...Me, desolate, and loveyal was droppin verses damn near every day, but then after that janky ass LE tournament ? got deaded real quick. If i ever become mod over here watch I get ? poppin'
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭

only reckon losses
    warship flow like blood courses
    lyrical sharpness put holes in you like faucets
    you girl squirts off my awesomeness
    the return of the microphone modernist