who do you think would be the best choice to play Wonder Woman?

Options
2»

Comments

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    with pics this time..

WW1.jpg

GinaCaranoWW02.jpg

gina-carano-wonderwoman.jpg

WONDERWOMAN_GINA.jpeg

not sure.. WW needs to have a very feminine and sexy, virtually flawless face. Gina a little bit manly
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I co-sign the concept reaper...I thought the same would be a great look for wonderwoman gice it a watchmen look
    but cant co-sign alba

aussie actress megan gale would be my choice
    1401543-megan_gale_ww_super.jpg
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I give you Wonder Woman!!!

john-carter-ciaran-hinds-lynn-collins.jpg

5.8"...Looks like a spitting image of Diana and has great acting chops (Attended Juliard and has done a lot of Shakespeare)

And Lucy can play Hypolytia.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lynn collins i think may be a bit too old. but she sure looks the part. i wish carano's face was a little less manly.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    rage wrote: »

5.8"...Looks like a spitting image of Diana and has great acting chops (Attended Juliard and has done a lot of Shakespeare)

She looks like Wonder Woman already in that photo.... Lucy Lawless can play Wonder WOmans Moms and I can see Gina Carno playing Artemis (as Artemis is bit more manly).

But I think that actress in the photo would be a great choice for WW
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

She looks like Wonder Woman already in that photo.... Lucy Lawless can play Wonder WOmans Moms and I can see Gina Carno playing Artemis (as Artemis is bit more manly).

i agree with all of this, send this to DC so they can make this movie.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^^^^ Add

Gerad Butler as Ares the ? of War

Mark Wahlberg as Colonel Steve Trevor

Eliza Dusku (spell her last name wrong) as the Amazon who betrays the island and join Ares

u got your cast right there
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw, this ? is bad luck for films, she's been involved with Wolverine and John Carter. I don't want her bringing that mojo to another property.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Olivia Wilde, I also thought she should have played Lois Lane in the new man of steel movie.

Action movies with females playing the leads typically don't do very well no matter how much publicity is put behind them, Aeon Flux, Catwoman, Elektra etc. In order for it to be successful the filmmakers would have to take some risks, the whole 300/Watchmen R rated style flick mentioned above is actually a really good way of approaching it.

I think those movies had more problems than just a female lead.

Very true, but what i'm saying is that because of the aforementioned films WW is already at a disadvantage. In order to get people into theaters and excited about a Wonder Woman movie some creative risks would have to be taken, a hard R would be an interesting way to go.
  • I Am Him
    Options

Naw, this ? is bad luck for films, she's been involved with Wolverine and John Carter. I don't want her bringing that mojo to another property.

Wolverine made enough to get a sequel so she can't be all bad.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Olivia Wilde, I also thought she should have played Lois Lane in the new man of steel movie.

Action movies with females playing the leads typically don't do very well no matter how much publicity is put behind them, Aeon Flux, Catwoman, Elektra etc. In order for it to be successful the filmmakers would have to take some risks, the whole 300/Watchmen R rated style flick mentioned above is actually a really good way of approaching it.

I think those movies had more problems than just a female lead.

Very true, but what i'm saying is that because of the aforementioned films WW is already at a disadvantage. In order to get people into theaters and excited about a Wonder Woman movie some creative risks would have to be taken, a hard R would be an interesting way to go.

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing some Wonder ? .
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I co-sign the concept reaper...I thought the same would be a great look for wonderwoman gice it a watchmen look
    but cant co-sign alba

aussie actress megan gale would be my choice
    1401543-megan_gale_ww_super.jpg

That is actually who DC cast as Wonder Woman when they were going to do the Justice League movie in 2000's

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0301885/

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Gale

gale5.jpg

gale3.jpg

gale.JPG

gale2.JPG
  • rage
    Options

Riiiiggghhht....it was her fault those films sucked.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best route to go for WW and any justice league movie is to go the Avatar route, cast real actors and use that real life animated they used that way they can use an actor and remodel the character the way they want them. And the powers would look better than clay ass cgi they use these days
  • nujerz84
    Options
    I hear the Warner Brothers are writing the script for Justice League and Wonder Woman as we speak...

blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/green-lantern-scribe-michael-goldenberg-to-pen-wonder-woman-20120606

There has been a lot of talk around "Wonder Woman" for the past year or so, but not much action. On the television side, NBC tried to kickstart a series with Adrianne Palicki in the lead, but it was met with terrible reviews and was denied the stamp of fanboy approval, as that crucial segment criticized nearly every aspect of the production. And through the "Drive" press rounds, Nicolas Winding Refn continued talking up his desire to make a feature film, but there is nothing formal in place. The director hinted that if he did a good job with "Logan's Run," Warner Bros. might give him the keys to the DC Comics character, but there hasn't been much heard on that sci-fi reboot either in a while. However, it does seem the movie is continuing to brew at the studio.

Also mentioned in Variety's report about "Gangster Squad" writer Will Beall being hired to pen the script for "Justice League," is a little nugget that Michael Goldenberg has been hired to pen "Wonder Woman." Goldenberg does have a history at WB, penning "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and perhaps most crucially, the awful "Green Lantern." At one point, Goldenberg was hired to write "Green Lantern 2" but that was before the movie came out, and we presume plans for a sequel have long been scrapped.

No word exactly on when we'll see these various DC properties on the big screen -- it could be few years off -- but clearly WB are making sure they have lots of options to choose from. And with Zack Snyder's "Man Of Steel" being their only comic movie on the horizon after this summer's "The Dark Knight Rises," we presume at least one of these efforts (or maybe even "The Flash" which has also been developing) will be pushed further up the development queue.
  • HassanCHOP
    HassanCHOP Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THEFUCKISWRONGWITHYOU???
    @hassanchop

• rage
    Options
    HassanCHOP wrote: »
    Maggie-Gyllenhaal.jpg

This is a joke right??
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^^she looks great in that pic, why they couldn't make her look that good in The Dark Knight though?

..but yea, HELL NAW
  • rage
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    ^^she looks great in that pic, why they couldn't make her look that good in The Dark Knight though?

..but yea, HELL NAW

She's never been ugly....but it's just not a role that's suited to her.

If Angie was 10 years younger we wouldn't even need to have this convo.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if lucy lawless was younger it would have been no competition
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lynn Collins. Shorty from John Carter of Mars is bad as ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.