BLACK FOLKS!!! PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS POWERFUL VIDEO REAL QUICK(ESPECIALLY SISTAS)

1235»

Comments

• longbeach_turnt_up
    longbeach_turnt_up Members Posts: 101
    i get what he sayin but he need to dig deeper.....

folks need to understand why are they even callin themselves "black" and understand that according to federal directive 15, when u are identified as black u fall under a status that doesnt have a national origin...

Race is a bunch of ? ....it all boils down to tribes and nations and because of this fact "blacks" will continue to have this unnecessary confusion and disunity.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean who did he ether? I never claimed anything but 100%i ? , sorry unlike the majority of yall my mother raised me to be proud to be black and let me know early i will always have a struggle as a black man.

With those words i knew i had to kick down my own doors and im straight. Cant be bitter and blaming others like lazy ignorant mofos
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    O.K., so I finally watched the video and I've come to this conclusion: This dude did way too much generalizing and he was way too emotional. I never hear dark-skinned women always talking about being mixed, so WTF is this dude saying? He claims that he ALWAYS hears Black women talking about being mixed with White... For real? Where they do that at?

And what "girl-groups" is he talking about that always have a mixed lead-singer? En Vogue? NO! The Supremes? NO! TLC? NO! SWV? NO! And if he's talking about Destiny's Child, I've got news for him: Both of Beyonce's parents are BLACK!! Beyonce' is not directly mixed with White, as he keeps saying. And of COURSE Beyonce' is gonna be the lead singer of the group... Her father is the MANAGER!!!!!!!!

And another thing: If a Black person claims to be mixed with Puerto Rican, that doesn't necessarily mean that this person is "too stupid" to realize that Puerto Rico is a country and not a race; most Puerto Ricans are a mixture of different races, nationalities and cultures and Black Americans don't know our TRUE national origins because that knowledge was ripped from us hundreds of years ago... Therefore, many times the term Black is synonymous with African American.... And THAT'S usually what someone means if they say they're mixed with Black and *insert nationality here*.

Then he brought up Mariah Carey.... He says that Mariah Carey can claim she's Black, but the thing is, I've NEVER heard Mariah Carey claim to be Black.. NEVER!! I remember when she first came out back in the early '90's, and Black folks were actually upset because she DIDN'T claim to be Black; so why is this dude bringing up HER name?

And finally, he kept flip-flopping on his views of mixed people. In one instance he's bashing them and then 2 seconds later, he's claiming that he has nothing against mixed people. Make up your mind, bruh. Say what you mean and mean what you say. He had some valid points, but he also sounded like he was making up stuff as he went along.[/red]

That's the end of my review.
    Sooooooooooooooo, you not gone speak on his valid points?..............I mean might as well after all of that lol.
    Since the majority of y'all seem to think that this dude is THE TRUTH, I decided to point out the flaws in his highly emotional rant.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get what he sayin but he need to dig deeper.....

folks need to understand why are they even callin themselves "black" and understand that according to federal directive 15, when u are identified as black u fall under a status that doesnt have a national origin...

Race is a bunch of ? ....it all boils down to tribes and nations and because of this fact "blacks" will continue to have this unnecessary confusion and disunity.

Exactly.

"Black" is not even a nationality.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    O.K., so I finally watched the video and I've come to this conclusion: This dude did way too much generalizing and he was way too emotional. I never hear dark-skinned women always talking about being mixed, so WTF is this dude saying? He claims that he ALWAYS hears Black women talking about being mixed with White... For real? Where they do that at?

And what "girl-groups" is he talking about that always have a mixed lead-singer? En Vogue? NO! The Supremes? NO! TLC? NO! SWV? NO! And if he's talking about Destiny's Child, I've got news for him: Both of Beyonce's parents are BLACK!! Beyonce' is not directly mixed with White, as he keeps saying. And of COURSE Beyonce' is gonna be the lead singer of the group... Her father is the MANAGER!!!!!!!!

And another thing: If a Black person claims to be mixed with Puerto Rican, that doesn't necessarily mean that this person is "too stupid" to realize that Puerto Rico is a country and not a race; most Puerto Ricans are a mixture of different races, nationalities and cultures and Black Americans don't know our TRUE national origins because that knowledge was ripped from us hundreds of years ago... Therefore, many times the term Black is synonymous with African American.... And THAT'S usually what someone means if they say they're mixed with Black and *insert nationality here*.

Then he brought up Mariah Carey.... He says that Mariah Carey can claim she's Black, but the thing is, I've NEVER heard Mariah Carey claim to be Black.. NEVER!! I remember when she first came out back in the early '90's, and Black folks were actually upset because she DIDN'T claim to be Black; so why is this dude bringing up HER name?

And finally, he kept flip-flopping on his views of mixed people. In one instance he's bashing them and then 2 seconds later, he's claiming that he has nothing against mixed people. Make up your mind, bruh. Say what you mean and mean what you say. He had some valid points, but he also sounded like he was making up stuff as he went along.[/red]

That's the end of my review.
    Sooooooooooooooo, you not gone speak on his valid points?..............I mean might as well after all of that lol.
    Since the majority of y'all seem to think that this dude is THE TRUTH, I decided to point out the flaws in his highly emotional rant.
    I feel you, but what stopped you from speaking on what you thought he said was valid? Especially after breaking down piece by piece what you didn't agree with. LOL it is what it is but I was just saying bruh, that was a hell of a "review".