Rick Ross - Teflon Don review by KillaCham.

Options
2»

Comments

• hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I'M NOT A STARRRRRRRRRR

tenten

He must have read that review because he spazzed.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This ? is the jam of the summer. This guy's got rich suburban white girls singin bout Big Meech. rofl.gif

The guy's an obvious fraud and his lyrics are laughably shallow, but he picks great beats, gets killer verses from Tip, Kiss, Hov, and The Ghost, and makes the most of his raspy voice and slightly above-average flow. I don't understand the logic of taking points away for dope guest spots. It'd be a MUCH worse album without them.

And really, have you compared Ross's lyrics to Jeezy or Gucci? None of these Southern ? rappers is trying to spit complex rhymes. A "deep" song to them is one where they admit they can be killed by bullets lol.

Teflon Don >>>>>>> The Recession, any of Gucci's mainstream album releases

8/10, you cats screamin "album of the year" are wylin
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    This ? is the jam of the summer. This guy's got rich suburban white girls singin bout Big Meech. rofl.gif

The guy's an obvious fraud and his lyrics are laughably shallow, but he picks great beats, gets killer verses from Tip, Kiss, Hov, and The Ghost, and makes the most of his raspy voice and slightly above-average flow. I don't understand the logic of taking points away for dope guest spots. It'd be a MUCH worse album without them.

And really, have you compared Ross's lyrics to Jeezy or Gucci? None of these Southern ? rappers is trying to spit complex rhymes. A "deep" song to them is one where they admit they can be killed by bullets lol.

Teflon Don >>>>>>> The Recession, any of Gucci's mainstream album releases

8/10, you cats screamin "album of the year" are wylin

Exactly

The guest spots are an indictment of ross not the album

The reviewer is a joke
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2010
    Options
    a ken barbie ? who is waitin on PINK FRIDAY like a pretty ? wit nikki garbaj n they avi & sig like a ? ? does not have da rite 2 judge TD cuz that ? is not fa KEN BARBIE BITCHZ!
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    I actually don't like MC Hammer lol, I just said he's at his best on songs like those. I even said it was lacking. The first quote was from Free Mason, though. I didn't like Ross' verses on that. There isn't much rap currently on the mainstream circuit as it is, so it isn't that hard for Ross not to get lost in the crowd.

No it isn't.

Its from the BMF / MC Hammer combo (I cant remember which becuase I aint listening to it now).

I put this up there with the other 100k + releases of How I got Over and Distant Relatives in terms of music, and should be a fair canidate for AOTY.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Friends, comrades, Romans....and ? , can we chill with the beef ? in here?

With that said, I haven't heard the album but much of what Cham said is a big reason why I cannot BEAR to listen to his music long enough to give it a chance. So I'll knowingly admit my bias against him AND the majority of people who appeared on that album. With that said, his verse in the Window Seat remix is a step in the right direction, and because of that, maybe in the future I'll be less opposed to listening to a song or two of his.

I'd also like to say that anybody who puts this album ahead of How I Got Over will be permanently banned from the IC at my request. Seriously tho, I'm Millz'in ? in this muhfucka, as if ya'll are dissin' Steve Nash. Haha. I'm just ? ' with ya'll. I think HIGO's only flaw is that it never got the promotion it deserves tho. Just 'cause an album or a song get's 100x more exposure and is more catchier than another album/song, it doesn't mean it's better. Musically you can't possibly say any other release has topped HIGO yet.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll go to the grave before I be a ? ? ....

Best of the year mayne.

Classic.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

This ? hea can't lose.......
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

Best video out, Teflon Don is the album of the year
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK, I know I'm late but I need to say some things:

Great artists are supposed to improve their work. Teflon Don was not an improvement overDeeper Than Rap. This album was SEVERELY overhyped, and outside of "Free Mason" and "Maybach Music III", this album ain't worth much. The fact that BMF and MC Hammer are the exact same beat goes to Ross's "talent".

That being said, no way in Hell that Pink Friday is better than this.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I can respect your opinion and review but I Luke the album. Not the best of the year but I can spin it for a few.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im not gone lie im not a ross fan... i do own this cd tho.... best cd that year only behind lil boosies
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    garbage ass ?
  • clarke2025
    clarke2025 Members Posts: 5
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it got five mics years later when they went back and re-reviewed it same with Life After Death.
  • WhiteShoesATL
    WhiteShoesATL Members Posts: 28
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? is trash. boooooooooooo!
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna fully co-sign the intent of this review.

Its a big difference between being critically good and entertaining.

Teflon Don was one of the most entertaining albums last year.

It wasnt very good tho. And for the lofty expectations formed by some of the comparisons that Ross fans make, you would expect to hear more lyrical wizardry. Teflon Don is a great compilation of songs tho. So I give it 3/5 on the classic scale and 5/5 on the entertainment value scale.
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • robinkari
    robinkari Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am Robin Kari. I am from Pakistan. I really very happy to join this forum for disucssion. I found this forum very interesting and informative about discussed topics. I like it.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO Teflon Don was about a 3/5 or 3.5. Too much filler and forgettable tracks.

The song with Puffy was the worst
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teflon Don was a solid album, By today's music standards ? need to embrace this kind of effort before we are bombarded by Lil B' s, Waka Flocka's and Gucci Mane's.