Someone school me on the geneology (sp) of Cyclops.

Sour-Cream
Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Quite Comical
I'm not a fan of Cyc's but I know he has a third brother name Vulcan who's a beast and Sinister revealed that Gambit is his other half brother.

Gambit at one point could have been a beast but he gave up some of his powers because he couldn't control it.

Havoc is his younger brother but dude is wack as ? . His son is one of the most powerful mutants Nate Grey/X-Man.

Post pictures.

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sour-Cream
    Ayo so how is Gambit related to Cyc's?
  • Knives Amilli
    Sour-Rell wrote: »
    Ayo so how is Gambit related to Cyc's?

Depends on the writer lol

The gambit being related to Cyclops thing is a subplot was introduced in the 90's and its only been hinted at and pushed by a writer named Chris Claremont. No other writer I guess liked it or ran with it, so ultimately it was dropped.

But Claremont revisited the plot line is the Out of Continuity X Men miniseries called "X Men: The End". In that miniseries, it was revealed Gambit is Mr. Sinister's son/clone, from his own DNA before it was altered by Apocalypse. The reason for Gambit's creation is that when Sinister switches bodies he needed one that was unscathed by Apocalypse, in order to defeat him this had to be the case, Gambit's powers are derived from some DNA of Scott Summers that is included in his own DNA

• Sour-Cream
    But my man's was telling me that Gambit was once a powerful ? but he gave up some of his powers, is that ? true?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Gambit is still powerful. I don't recall him giving up his power unless he's talking about giving up the powers Apoc gave him..oh and Havoc is more powerful than Cyclops. Nate Grey is from the Age of Apocalypse universe and is a clone created by Sinister from the genes of Cyclops and Jean Grey..Cable is Cyclops son in the 616
  • Knives Amilli
    Sour-Rell wrote: »
    But my man's was telling me that Gambit was once a powerful ? but he gave up some of his powers, is that ? true?

@Sour-Rell

Checking some research online, apparently Gambit did have enhanced power, but burnt it out battling his evil older alternate universe counterpart, The New Sun.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    the New Sun arc wasn't bad and showed Gambit's potential.