Luke Cage vs The Black Panther?

Options
Sour-Cream
Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Quite Comical
Special abilities, villians and all that ? , who's winning?

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just off of his core abilities, The Panther doesn't seem like he should win (wtf is near superhuman strength going to do against steel hard skin nh).....but the guy is a batman-level intellect so he'd probably figure out a way.

And the fact that I can't name a SINGLE Luke Cage villian says a lot about his rogues gallery.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    I'm going to go with Black Panther on this solely based on intellect >> strength although I think both are equal in hand to hand combat.

Most of the villains in the Luke Cage comics were unknown African Americans with ain't ? special abilities.
    Black Panther has probably fought more formidable opponents.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Panther. Agree with both you guys.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Panther FTW. Impenetrable skin does not stop a whole host of other ways to whoop someones ass.
    Steel hard skin+Electric Shock=Shish-ka-nig

bpvlc.jpg
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T'challa would have to prepare for a fight against Luke Cage..perhaps he'd be able to restrain him somehow for the win, otherwise it's going to be an uphill battle for him
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Is Luke Cage really that strong?
  • jaxn
    Options
    yes. Back in the Heroes for Hire days, I'd say he was around CL 20 or so..nowadays, he's operating moreso in the CL 50 - 70 range and his skin has gotten much more durable
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    So would you say he could ? the thing or captain america up in a one on one battle?
  • jaxn
    Options
    He should be able to take the majority over Captain America. It just depends on the how the fight goes. Thing would most likely beat him though, although it'd be a good fight. Thing is a bit stronger
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Thing sucks though
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Panther will beat Luke Cage because Black Panther have many skills at his disposal.

For one Black Panther have genius intellect with a PHD in Physics is one of the 8 smartest human being on earth and is an inventor, genius in high technology and physics, he is the leader of Wakanda and the advance Wakandan technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, warriors, and mystics. The Wakandan military has been described as one of the most powerful on Earth.

The Black Panther is a skilled hunter and tracker with highly acute sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing with strength, speed, stamina, and agility to the peak of human development thanks to the special heart herb that he ate,His senses are so powerful that he can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones.

T'Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat, showing mastery in various African martial arts as well as contemporary ones and fighting styles that belong to no known disciplines.

The Black Panther is immune to magic and the creator of his own sorcery that combines ancient wakanda mysticism sorcery/magic with science

and his suit is made out Vibranium and his wakanda have the world's resource of this metal that is wanted through out the marvel world.

put it like this Black Panther is one of Marvels most powerful person but Marvel love to dumb him down or write him not up to his abilities like they do to alot of black superhero's and mutants.

Look how they did Synch who was supposed to be one of the most powerful mutant ever and how they did Prodigy im going to make a thread about black comic characters in Marvel and how marvel ? them off, depower them or write them down.

But not to take anything from Luke Cage who is very powerful himself who should be the Leader of the Avengers
  • jaxn
    Options
    no doubt BP is one of the most intelligent, resourceful and formidable heroes in the MU. I don't know about him beating Luke Cage straight up though. Getting around Luke's strength and durability is going to be a problem without some kind of prep. I'm not sure his energy daggers would even bother him. No doubt he can outsmart Luke and lure him into some form of trap
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BP would have to do some serious fuckery to beat Luke Cage in a man to man fight. Prep time BP? Wins in 5 mins tho
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t'challa over powerman hes smart and has more at his disposal than luke...and panthers enemies and story line is more intresting than cages also
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    If Luke Cage can't beat the Thing, I really can't see him ? with BP. Black Panther could ? up Captain America.

@waterproof

At one point Luke Cage was leader of one of the new or dark avengers as well as spiderman. I dunno, I think Cage could give Thing a problem cause the Thing can't even regenerate.