G&S: WHO'S MORE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT RACE...BLACK OR WHITE FOLKS?

Options
13»

Comments

• heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Here's some real irony - G&S: WHO'S MORE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT RACE...BLACK OR WHITE FOLKS?

Now people wanna put me on ignore - huh? so who's afraid to talk now - sure ain't me.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't need to talk to a white person about race because they can't do ? anyway.

We can't talk race because most white ppl think ? is economically and socially equal which it's not.

A white person could never know what it feels like to be black in America.

it's a dog eat dog world and whites think there's a competition that doesn't exist so they get mad at equal opp programs because they feel we are getting something we don't deserve when really we have been left out of ? on purpose.
  • heyslick
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I don't need to talk to a white person about race because they can't do ? anyway.

We can't talk race because most white ppl think ? is economically and socially equal which it's not.

A white person could never know what it feels like to be black in America.

it's a dog eat dog world and whites think there's a competition that doesn't exist so they get mad at equal opp programs because they feel we are getting something we don't deserve when really we have been left out of ? on purpose.

So it's white peoples fault and you have all of them figured out - if its so bad in America? how come some black people are able to succeed in America - btw don't give me that ? about uncle toms either. Btw whoever promised you a rose garden? sure the ? fooled you. Have you ever researched anything on the net - there's a plethora of opportunities available to folks who apply themselves - NObody is gonna beg you to get-up - Y is it that someone has to always go above and beyond just get some lazy ? off there dead ? - & that goes double for lazy-ass white people as well.

• heyslick
    Options
    loch21

FYI

I did a google search for my own benefit - there's literally 100's of organizations for black people - Y don't you use them?
  • heyslick
    Options
    If white people aren't helping you maybe these folks can? or atleast steer you in the right direction.

http://www.tnj.com/lists-resources/black-organizations-and-organizations-serving-black-communities
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah actually racism is institutionalize. Blacks can only be bigots not racist.
    nope
    I honestly don't know how to place you sometimes. I can't figure out if you're a racist troll or someone with pure intentions who really has a poor grasp of logic and reality.
    is "crazy person" a third option
    Plus, white America needs to stop stealing Black American culture and calling it American culture. Because that is not true, it is NOT American culture it is Black American culture.
    seems like the word "American" is still involved either way... almost like it's American culture or something
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Word is bond these talks about racism become circular, disorganized and most importantly fruitless. We're having the same discussions we've had 40-50 years ago.

We should be talking about resolution. We should not be so ingrained in the past that we cannot move forward which is exactly where we are at presently. The past has meaning but only in so much that we learn from it. I don't believe anything should be forgotten, but gotdamn I know this argument is tiresome. WHo gives a ? what white people think or do? ? them. Real Talk.

At this only point and time the only power some racists european or otherwise, have over us is that which we give them through needless division, apathy, and willful ignorance. We bear the responsibility for those sins now and WE must redeem OURSELVES.

This thread is ? unless folks are ready to talk solution. Not empty tirades and impotent vitriol. Resolution comes about real organization, gaining wealth property and status.

STEP YOUR ? GAME UP.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Word is bond these talks about racism become circular, disorganized and most importantly fruitless. We're having the same discussions we've had 40-50 years ago.

We should be talking about resolution. We should not be so ingrained in the past that we cannot move forward which is exactly where we are at presently. The past has meaning but only in so much that we learn from it. I don't believe anything should be forgotten, but gotdamn I know this argument is tiresome. WHo gives a ? what white people think or do? ? them. Real Talk.

At this only point and time the only power some racists european or otherwise, have over us is that which we give them through needless division, apathy, and willful ignorance. We bear the responsibility for those sins now and WE must redeem OURSELVES.

This thread is ? unless folks are ready to talk solution. Not empty tirades and impotent vitriol. Resolution comes about real organization, gaining wealth property and status.

STEP YOUR ? GAME UP.

That sounds Awesome, but what if one people perceives that there isn't a need for a resolution because there is no problem? The only way i see black kids and white kids intermingling is if one gives up a part of or all of his culture and a new culture is born. We are a very different people that are separated not only by race, but by ideology and culture, and perception of events. I can't even talk about my past without people feeling guilty and then I'm accused of stoking flames or focusing to much on my past which is a foundation of who i am.

How can one celebrate their past with joy and victory, and remembrance of hard battles fought, and then expect another to ignore certain aspects of that history because it's annoying and comfortable, and too political and you know, "they should just get over it"? How you gonna get to the end if we can't get to chapter two in the book without offending ones sanitized memory of events?

• janklow
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    The only way i see black kids and white kids intermingling is if one gives up a part of or all of his culture and a new culture is born.
    does no one on this great internet of ours ever see black kids and white kids intermingling?

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    The only way i see black kids and white kids intermingling is if one gives up a part of or all of his culture and a new culture is born.
    does no one on this great internet of ours ever see black kids and white kids intermingling?

Even in NYC, rarely and when i do, one is usually adopting the culture of the other fully and ? on their peoples culture/get excluded, or it's superficial. And i see plenty of token white or black kids. Further, something has to be lost for us to coexist. Not saying it's a bad thing but it could be depending on how much you are willing to throw away of yourself or accept your history. Then you have people telling you the origin of your culture and how it should be viewed.

I still don't see these people of mention overtly talking about particular facets of their history without fallout or complete unawareness of how it would affect the person your conversing with. I've seen this all first hand. I've had a group of white people ask me how i felt about gentrification like I'm supposed to give them a feel good story about how my people are priced out and profiled.
  • heyslick
    Options

Even in NYC, rarely and when i do, one is usually adopting the culture of the other fully and ? on their peoples culture/get excluded, or it's superficial. And i see plenty of token white or black kids. Further, [n]something has to be lost for us to coexist[/b]. Not saying it's a bad thing but it could be depending on how much you are willing to throw away of yourself or accept your history. Then you have people telling you the origin of your culture and how it should be viewed.

I still don't see these people of mention overtly talking about particular facets of their history without fallout or complete unawareness of how it would affect the person your conversing with. I've seen this all first hand. I've had a group of white people ask me how i felt about gentrification like I'm supposed to give them a feel good story about how my people are priced out and profiled.

You got your selfish agenda all figured out coming and going. Can you say open-ended contract? miser Boss Man.

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

Even in NYC, rarely and when i do, one is usually adopting the culture of the other fully and ? on their peoples culture/get excluded, or it's superficial. And i see plenty of token white or black kids. Further, something has to be lost for us to coexist. Not saying it's a bad thing but it could be depending on how much you are willing to throw away of yourself or accept your history. Then you have people telling you the origin of your culture and how it should be viewed.

You got your selfish agenda all figured out coming and going. Can you say open-ended contract? miser Boss Man.

laugh riot coming from you. I thought we couldn't figure anything out according you Heyslick. You messed up your out of context bolding agenda. I'll fix that for you. But serious, what are you implying? Is this is part of a grand scheme along with my ? list for whitey as you mentioned once?
  • heyslick
    Options

laugh riot coming from you. I thought we couldn't figure anything out according you Heyslick[/n]. You messed up your out of context bolding agenda. I'll fix that for you. But serious, what are you implying? Is this is part of a grand scheme along with my ? list for whitey as you mentioned once?

I didn't say anything about things - I just played along with your agenda in a civil fashion - yeah you be right I screwed up my/the bolded area - n is right next 2 the letter b, I got the italic area right. You're the Captain of your own ship,right?

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options

laugh riot coming from you. I thought we couldn't figure anything out according you Heyslick[/n]. You messed up your out of context bolding agenda. I'll fix that for you. But serious, what are you implying? Is this is part of a grand scheme along with my ? list for whitey as you mentioned once?

I didn't say anything about things - I just played along with your agenda in a civil fashion - yeah you be right I screwed up my/the bolded area - n is right next 2 the letter b, I got the italic area right. You're the Captain of your own ship,right?

There's that N again. At least it's bold this time. Telling somebody they have a selfish agenda isn't being civil. Again, what agenda? And how are you not here with your own agenda with your constant focus on racial post? I don't get your "Captain of your own ship" and "Open-ended contract" statements. How bout not speaking in code this time? Are you saying i have a unique perspective or my words are uncommon? I don't think I'm saying anything all that unheard of. Do i have an answer for every thing that doesn't fit the mold? You mad?
  • janklow
    Options
    Further, something has to be lost for us to coexist. Not saying it's a bad thing but it could be depending on how much you are willing to throw away of yourself or accept your history.
    i don't think you have to "lose" anything so much as you have to buy into a more general American culture that includes, well, generally everything. i mean, everyone's always going to have their personal culture based on their background (which is more than just race).
    Then you have people telling you the origin of your culture and how it should be viewed.
    yeah, but that pretty much happens to everyone and isn't always a racial thing. and you can always disagree/tell them to ? off/whatever.
    I still don't see these people of mention overtly talking about particular facets of their history without fallout or complete unawareness of how it would affect the person your conversing with.
    well, wouldn't you want people having an awareness of how a particular facet of someone's history would affect that person? or am i not getting where you're going with this?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i don't think you have to "lose" anything so much as you have to buy into a more general American culture that includes, well, generally everything. i mean, everyone's always going to have their personal culture based on their background (which is more than just race).
    The general American culture is mainly considered a white culture and pop culture (which are mainly white artist). Black culture is normally diluted to be made more palatable. There is a respect for our culture underground but those people are labeled hippie anarchist, and pretend hipsters, and wiggers.
    well, wouldn't you want people having an awareness of how a particular facet of someone's history would affect that person? or am i not getting where you're going with this?
    I'm saying they don't have that awareness as evidenced by peoples quickness to brush off our concerns as us just complaining again. I used my example to illuminate the lack of tact when dealing with culturally and racially sensitive situations and all of the factors involved.
  • janklow
    Options
    The general American culture is mainly considered a white culture and pop culture (which are mainly white artist). Black culture is normally diluted to be made more palatable.
    what i would say is, let's not just DECIDE that "general American culture" is "white culture" and/or will always be "white culture" and participate in it. let's say, for example, that rock and/or roll music is a notable facet of American culture: was that something just white people did? or something they stole completely intact and had no effect on?
    I'm saying they don't have that awareness as evidenced by peoples quickness to brush off our concerns as us just complaining again.[/quote]okay, but i think there's a middle ground between "unawareness" and "a fight starts immediately." maybe this position comes from interacting with varied races of people?

i just don't associate with Scientologists. ? THOSE people.
  • heyslick
    Options

There's that N again. At least it's bold this time. Telling somebody they have a selfish agenda isn't being civil. Again, what agenda? And how are you not here with your own agenda with your constant focus on racial post? I don't get your "Captain of your own ship" and "Open-ended contract" statements. How bout not speaking in code this time? Are you saying i have a unique perspective or my words are uncommon? I don't think I'm saying anything all that unheard of. Do i have an answer for every thing that doesn't fit the mold? You mad?

Aren't you wanting things to go the way YOU want them to go & you're one-sided - SO your trying to steer the vessel & make changes according to your standards - therefore IMO that makes you the Captain. OK now you've mentioned how you want things to go & how it should be done - well then lets make a contract and layout the rules & btw yours is so open (front end and the back end) with no specifications whatsoever,and its very one sided. BTW close ended type contracts are more binding/specific

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options

Aren't you wanting things to go the way YOU want them to go & you're one-sided - SO your trying to steer the vessel & make changes according to your standards - therefore IMO that makes you the Captain. OK now you've mentioned how you want things to go & how it should be done - well then lets make a contract and layout the rules & btw yours is so open (front end and the back end) with no specifications whatsoever,and its very one sided. BTW close ended type contracts are more binding/specific

yeah i got what you're saying. Thanks for repeating it verbatim. I still don't see how you got all that from what i said. I just presented my observation, not a suggestion. I thought i offered a bit of a balance in how both sides view the situation. But you shouldn't be the one casting stones in here.
  • heyslick
    Options

yeah i got what you're saying. Thanks for repeating it verbatim. I still don't see how you got all that from what i said. I just presented my observation, not a suggestion. I thought i offered a bit of a balance in how both sides view the situation. But you shouldn't be the one casting stones in here.

Maybe I like to rock the boat - so to speak? Throwing things just isn't my style.

• Jabu_Rule
    Options

Maybe I like to rock the boat - so to speak? Throwing things just isn't my style.

Or maybe you're stuck on one topic because your boat is caught on a reef.

• heyslick
    Options

LMAO!! say what Captain? you should be taking the blame,NOT me. I laid out the scenario and now you wanna make me the culprit - WOW! your unknowingly/willingly? playing the blame game now.

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options

LMAO!! say what Captain? you should be taking the blame,NOT me. I laid out the scenario and now you wanna make me the culprit - WOW! your unknowingly/willingly? playing the blame game now.

Just making an observation of your actions. I'm glad you finally said what you really mean.