Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I actually went to see this, and I actually was pleasantly surprised..

This movie was very shockingly entertaining and fun to watch.....I mean all in out, it was a very good vampire action movie...while also being a decent bioptic on a young abraham lincoln up to the civil war.

i mean there were moments where everyone laughed, and there also were some decent scares..

I think it'll get over looked alot due to the absurdity of abraham lincoln swinging an ax with top hat and full beard beating the ? outta vampires....but if you can get past all that, and just have fun...i'm sure you'll find yourself satisfied when finished watching.....

good fun movie....i reccomend..

8/10

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    checkin it out when i get home...
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    I'mma give it a watch as well.

Did the black actor (Anthony Mackie) get a minor or major part?
  • Dupac
    he didn't show up till the 2nd half of the movie, but once he got there he was pretty major...

the only negative reviews i've seen are form people who read and liked the book....

i never got that whole thought process.. if you prefer the book.. then read the book.. it's a movie... of course the adaptation isn't going to be 100%...i mean as long as they made a quality movie...some things might be compromised.....

i only get ? on adaptations when the movies is down right horrible......like QOTD for example...

i'm a huge fan of anne rice novels....and i wasn't totally ? by QOTD i mean they changed a whole lot, and were wayyy over the top with some of the ? undertones that anne rice kinds throws out there in her novels..

but the movie IMO wasn't complete garbage...it was watchable...and i loved Aaliyah as akasha....

now i haven't read the book for Abe Lincoln, but i'd be shocked if it's a better book than the 3 books QOTD was based off of.....so i really think these book adaptation haters needa fall back..

it was a fun movie
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    he didn't show up till the 2nd half of the movie, but once he got there he was pretty major...

the only negative reviews i've seen are form people who read and liked the book....

i never got that whole thought process.. if you prefer the book.. then read the book.. it's a movie... of course the adaptation isn't going to be 100%...i mean as long as they made a quality movie...some things might be compromised.....

i only get ? on adaptations when the movies is down right horrible......like QOTD for example...

i'm a huge fan of anne rice novels....and i wasn't totally ? by QOTD i mean they changed a whole lot, and were wayyy over the top with some of the ? undertones that anne rice kinds throws out there in her novels..

but the movie IMO wasn't complete garbage...it was watchable...and i loved Aaliyah as akasha....

now i haven't read the book for Abe Lincoln, but i'd be shocked if it's a better book than the 3 books QOTD was based off of.....so i really think these book adaptation haters needa fall back..

it was a fun movie

the movie was nothing like the book. it weird bc the guy who wrote the movie also wrote the book so you would think it would be more like the book.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    This movie was super wack juice pau if you read the book.
    Its one thing that its absolutely nothing like the book
    But damn man, they done changed everything about it.
    Outside of the action scenes this movie was a dud.
    I shoulda saved my $14 and waited for Spiderman
    This ? was matinee status...
  • Dupac
    i heard the author of the book did the screenplay...

so i mean..

go figure
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear from many people it wasn't bad at all. I might go see it.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a terrible movie. But entertaining as hell. If that make sense.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent seen it yet, but im disappointed it strayed so far from the book
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^It did, thats whats really disappointing considering the author was involved in the making of the movie lol
    Idk how they ? this up...
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? what you heard, the movie wasnt bad, i enjoyed it. I havent read the book though so maybe thats why i enjoyed it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was aiight. Seem like a history lesson more than an action flick. They could've did more, but it was decent nonetheless.

• Dupac
    if fans of the book hated the movie....blame Seth Grahame-Smith...he wrote the screen play...and therefore....approved whatever changes they made...