Do ya'll think Tyler Perry will ever make a real movie?

13»

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    I agree with this, I don't knock him for what he's done or accomplished with either.

I don't really mess with the TV shows, but I do watch his movies tho.

I grew up on Boomerang, Strictly Business, etc. that were about successful black peoplez that go through different troubles
    but didn't ride on the negative stereotypes other movies showed in their movies. ( Don't get it twisted, Poetic Justice, Juice, Menace II Society were my ? )
    But it's good to watch something more enlighten, and Tyler Perry and Reggie Hudlin still do it with these movies so I'm not all mad with his movies.
    The extremity of the characters in these movies are clearly for entertainment, I hope you ain't taking this ? seriously.

So Cheers for him...Precious was a good movie overall but despicable in terms of how black families are portrayed, so much it was literally laughable.

Yea Precious was a very difficult movie to watch.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I think he should just relenquish some of the creative control he has over his movies. Right now he Produces, Directs, writes the screen play and script, and casts his own movies. Which is all good, but I think he should just write the story and produce and let somebody else come in and direct it. Maybe add in a little artistry.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I think he should just relenquish some of the creative control he has over his movies. Right now he Produces, Directs, writes the screen play and script, and casts his own movies. Which is all good, but I think he should just write the story and produce and let somebody else come in and direct it. Maybe add in a little artistry.

Um..I thinking about that, didn't he do that already with one of these movies

If not, I have a feeling he may do this in the future.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited April 2010
    No, his blatant pandering to black women has made him millions, and who could blame him if he doesn't change the formula. The problem becomes what if Tyler Perry decides that he does want to make a different type of film. Earlier in this thread a poster typed Tyler Perry's "Frankenstein" and I literally LOL'd.I'm sure that if he makes different movies the audience will do the same because he's painted himself in a corner.